RogueValleyForum.com
Music - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Music (/showthread.php?tid=1626)

RE: Music - cletus1 - 07-03-2016

(07-03-2016, 10:32 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 10:11 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 07:32 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Hey TVg, you see this? 

Oh yeah, this kind of stuff should bring new members with rational, adult, civil attitudes. 

That a differnce in musical tastes should produce this kind of vitriolic ranting suggests the need for a Nanny!  Razz

Maybe you can tell me what I did to MAKE cletus go negative, when all I did was post a video of MUSIC in the MUSIC section?

Beats me. (And by the way, I liked the video you posted). My best guess is that when we see a music video we dont' enjoy, we should just pass on by. And maybe do the same with lots of other posts too. Clete could have mentioned that this is just not "his kind of music". But I can't remember (and too lazy to go back)...did you slam the stuff he posted? 
Whatever: I'd sure like to see a change in the way we react to one another here but God knows thats "Nanny" conduct and we can't have that! TVg would rip my rib cage out. 

PS: On another note, but kind of related, on NPR radio "Weekend Edition" this morning they did a piece about the fact that primary school kids seldom sing patriotic songs like "My country 'tis of thee..." anymore. I doubt that songs turn kids into good citizens and patriots, but can't hurt. All things considered we live in a wondeful country and some nationalism and patriotism should be okay.

OMFG, it has nothing to do with the music. Good grief!

RE: Music - Wonky3 - 07-03-2016

(07-03-2016, 06:41 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Oh yeah, this kind of stuff should bring new members with rational, adult, civil attitudes. 

That a differnce in musical tastes should produce this kind of vitriolic ranting suggests the need for a Nanny!  Razz

Maybe you can tell me what I did to MAKE cletus go negative, when all I did was post a video of MUSIC in the MUSIC section?

Beats me. (And by the way, I liked the video you posted). My best guess is that when we see a music video we dont' enjoy, we should just pass on by. And maybe do the same with lots of other posts too. Clete could have mentioned that this is just not "his kind of music". But I can't remember (and too lazy to go back)...did you slam the stuff he posted? 
Whatever: I'd sure like to see a change in the way we react to one another here but God knows thats "Nanny" conduct and we can't have that! TVg would rip my rib cage out. 

PS: On another note, but kind of related, on NPR radio "Weekend Edition" this morning they did a piece about the fact that primary school kids seldom sing patriotic songs like "My country 'tis of thee..." anymore. I doubt that songs turn kids into good citizens and patriots, but can't hurt. All things considered we live in a wondeful country and some nationalism and patriotism should be okay.

So...you the forum nanny now, going to start pointing out when we don't follow the subject of the Topic. Hey! TVg says that's MY job. 

And it was a decent segue anyway.

RE: Music - cletus1 - 07-03-2016

(07-03-2016, 07:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

So...you the forum nanny now, going to start pointing out when we don't follow the subject of the Topic. Hey! TVg says that's MY job. 

YOU were talking about the music. "Clete could have mentioned that this it's just not his kind of music." I said it's not about the music. 

I already said what it was about. Go back and read it. It's about "fishing" and catching Hugo then giving him a piece of my mind. How are you going to fix that Wonk? 

You sure do a lot of talking about forum nanny lately. TVguy must have really got under your skin because my post is not telling anyone how to post. It was answering a question or at lest correcting a misconception.

RE: Music - Hugo - 07-03-2016

(04-29-2016, 09:04 PM)cletus1 Wrote: DIFFERENT. I like the video. 

I think you're stupid. I don't like you.

(05-08-2016, 02:24 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Now for something completely different. I want to apologize for this video before you watch it. I just watched most of the movie Chappie. It's bad, real bad. I recommend watching it with some some good Gorilla Glue. 

Horrible.  You must be a moron. I don't like you.

(06-26-2016, 04:47 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Check out this song from the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album. Not sure I'm going to buy the album yet, but I like these freaks.  Big Grin

I get it. You like freaks.  Like you. I don't like you.

You see, EVERY post cletus makes in response to ANYTHING I post, SCREAMS........... I don't like you.

Fuck cletus. Die.

RE: Music - Cuzz - 07-03-2016

(07-03-2016, 08:58 PM)Hugo Wrote: You see, EVERY post cletus makes in response to ANYTHING I post, SCREAMS........... I don't like you.

Fuck cletus.  Die.

I'm beginning to wonder if there's anyone this side of 1970 that still likes you?

RE: Music - Juniper - 07-03-2016

(07-03-2016, 11:13 AM)Hugo Wrote: It's the MUSIC topic.  There are a LOT of posts here of music I don't care for, so I don't listen to it.

He's got a point. I didn't listen to it. I chose not to.

RE: Music - Hugo - 07-04-2016

https://youtu.be/cj_f_O-GxQg

RE: Music - Wonky3 - 07-04-2016

(07-03-2016, 07:35 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 07:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 10:11 AM)Hugo Wrote: Maybe you can tell me what I did to MAKE cletus go negative, when all I did was post a video of MUSIC in the MUSIC section?

YOU were talking about the music. "Clete could have mentioned that this it's just not his kind of music." I said it's not about the music. 

I already said what it was about. Go back and read it. It's about "fishing" and catching Hugo then giving him a piece of my mind. How are you going to fix that Wonk? 

You sure do a lot of talking about forum nanny lately. TVguy must have really got under your skin because my post is not telling anyone how to post. It was answering a question or at lest correcting a misconception.
The fact remains, your comment was "OMFG, it has nothing to do with the music. Good grief!"
I responded to that.

RE: Music - Juniper - 07-04-2016

On the other hand how much of that is because shcools don't have MUSIC at all anymore?  There's small private Christian school across from where I work. And they do a Spring ensemble singing all the oldies: Grand ol' flag, Yankee Doodle Dandy, it kind of put me in a weird time zone. We used to sing like that in private, Christian school when I was that age.

RE: Music - bbqboy - 07-04-2016

I heard that npr report. We never sang after the pledge.

RE: Music - tvguy - 07-04-2016

I'm just sick of your never ending whining about something that will NEVER change.

Good grief, That doesn't mean I approve of it like you imply.

(07-04-2016, 01:49 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I heard that npr report. We never sang after the pledge.

I remember singing the Anthem after the pledge. I remember singing old  patriotic and folk and religious songs in classes as a part of the curriculum.  All schools should offer at least 15 minutes of singing each day if they can't afford "music".  Very good left/right brain exercise. It's relaxing, enjoyable, and kind of reboots your brain. They should have it right before math classes.

RE: Music - Valuesize - 07-04-2016

My daughter has been in orchestra for four years.  The high school orchestra has almost 200 students.

(07-04-2016, 05:23 PM)Valuesize Wrote: My daughter has been in orchestra for four years.  The high school orchestra has almost 200 students.

Most high schools still do.

RE: Music - Cuzz - 07-04-2016

(07-04-2016, 05:23 PM)Valuesize Wrote: My daughter has been in orchestra for four years.  The high school orchestra has almost 200 students.

I'm curious, how many teachers for the 200 students?

(07-04-2016, 04:26 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 01:49 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I heard that npr report. We never sang after the pledge.

I remember singing the Anthem after the pledge. I remember singing old  patriotic and folk and religious songs in classes as a part of the curriculum.  All schools should offer at least 15 minutes of singing each day if they can't afford "music".  Very good left/right brain exercise. It's relaxing, enjoyable, and kind of reboots your brain. They should have it right before math classes.

Laughing Laughing Laughing But I used to sing after the Pledge, and I got straight D's in math.  Embarrassed
On the other hand I got a LOT of D's. 
Bad Schools? Bad teachers? Bad parents? 
Nope.
Bad Wonky. 
Hey TVg...I needed a NANNY!  Razz

It took the military to straighten me out. Guess that's why I feel EVERYONE should serve. 

Sorry Tia...didn't mean to go on a rampage. Your post was (is) very funny!

(07-04-2016, 02:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I'm just sick of your never ending whining about something that will NEVER change.

Good grief, That doesn't mean I approve of it like you imply.

No...you are not sick of it YET! Hang in there buddy, more to come. Admit it, you NEED it. It gives you something to think about when you are sitting on the toilet reading about Alaskan truck drivers. 
Hey, I know you don't approve of "it". You ara a standup guy, served your country well, worked hard, raised the family, and have the patience to watch stuff rust. 
So hang tight, keep your powder dry, roll 'em tight and soon enough I'll make a convert of you.  Razz