RogueValleyForum.com
Music - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Music (/showthread.php?tid=1626)

RE: Music - bbqboy - 11-30-2012

RE: Music - cletus1 - 11-30-2012

[Image: sf_main.jpg]

(11-30-2012, 08:17 PM)cletus1 Wrote: [Image: sf_main.jpg]

It won't play, Clete. EvilLaughing

RE: Music - cletus1 - 11-30-2012

Yeah, you are right. Hmmm.

RE: Music - Valuesize - 12-01-2012

la danse n'est pas mort!

RE: Music - bbqboy - 12-01-2012

RE: Music - Wonky - 12-01-2012

I don't have a video to post. It's far too much work.

But...

Have you ever noticed that often you (one) hears music with only one's ears. Other times, the music enters my ears and fills my brain with the wonder of it! The first time this happened I was stoned and listing to Pink Floyd, "Dark side of the moon". The music filled my head and my brain heard it.
It's happened on occasion since then. (I no longer smoke grass). But, there are many times when all I get is the nice sound in my ears. Then, it does not fill my head and provide that special joy. I'm thankful for the times it does.

So, should I check in at 2 North?

RE: Music - cletus1 - 12-03-2012

I dedicate this song to both Leonard and TVguy. CryingCrying Razz

RE: Music - Wonky - 12-03-2012

(12-03-2012, 01:11 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I dedicate this song to both Leonard and TVguy. CryingCrying Razz

I got nothin' to say about the video. (I don't really get it). But...

This guy should change his name if he hopes to make it Big Time.

Rufus Wainwright sounds really stupid. Rufus Jones would be much better.

RE: Music - cletus1 - 12-03-2012

(12-03-2012, 05:39 PM)Wonky Wrote: I got nothin' to say about the video. (I don't really get it). But...

This guy should change his name if he hopes to make it Big Time.

Rufus Wainwright sounds really stupid. Rufus Jones would be much better.

Here is another song of Leonard Cohen's that Rufus Wainwright sings.

RE: Music - cletus1 - 12-07-2012

RE: Music - bbqboy - 12-13-2012

RE: Music - csrowan - 12-16-2012

RE: Music - Scrapper - 12-17-2012

RE: Music - Leonard - 12-17-2012

(12-03-2012, 01:11 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I dedicate this song to both Leonard and TVguy. CryingCrying Razz

Thanks, I've always liked Leonard Cohn and this song and remember Cohn and Rufus Wainwright are Canadian so they can see the US without patriotic and nationalistic coloured glasses...........................

I'm going to a town that has already been burned down I'm going to a place that is already been disgraced I'm gonna see some folks who have already been let down I'm so tired of America

I'm gonna make it up for all of the Sunday Times I'm gonna make it up for all of the nursery rhymes They never really seem to want to tell the truth I'm so tired of you, America

Making my own way home Ain't gonna be alone I got a life to lead, America I got a life to lead

Tell me, do you really think you go to hell for having loved? Tell me, and not for thinking every thing that you've done is good I really need to know, after soaking the body of Jesus Christ in blood I'm so tired of America, I really need to know

I may just never see you again or might as well You took advantage of a world that loved you well I'm going to a town that has already been burned down I'm so tired of you, America

Making my own way home Ain't gonna be alone I got a life to lead, America
I got a life to lead I got a soul to feed I got a dream to heed And that's all I need
Making my own way home Ain't gonna be alone I'm going to a town That has already been burned down

RE: Music - csrowan - 12-17-2012

I dedicate this song to OL and Larry.

RE: Music - bbqboy - 12-19-2012

RE: Music - Snail - 12-20-2012

RE: Music - Snail - 12-21-2012