RogueValleyForum.com
Music - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Music (/showthread.php?tid=1626)

RE: Music - tealeaf - 02-19-2013

RE: Music - Valuesize - 02-21-2013

RE: Music - tealeaf - 02-21-2013

RE: Music - Wonky - 02-21-2013

(02-19-2013, 09:11 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Seriously?

RE: Music - Wonky - 02-21-2013

(02-10-2013, 10:36 PM)Scrapper Wrote: This very talented woman recently moved to Southern Oregon... if you get a chance to see one of her shows... GO!

Great sound! I'd go out in a freezing rain to hear her.

RE: Music - illcommandante - 02-21-2013

What about you? When do you get your singing in? When my ex was still drinking, I could slip out, and find a congregation, before she woke up. But, that ended fourteen years ago. I'd get out in the yard on warm days, with my Korean dreadnaught. I'd have to compete with Joan Sloan's, blaring Rush Limbaugh. The cows appreciate Oakie Pop. So do the humming birds. The neighbors tolerate Willy. My singing, wasn't much appreciated, in the house. Some new doors were open, and I'd attracted some attention. I think that worried her. But, alone, I wore out the upholstery in the car, with Jimmy Rodgers, and Hank Williams covers. Now, it's an all day thing, again. And, my voice has decayed pretty nicely. I saw myself as the Dean Martin of Country. A suave crooner. Now I have that ancient effect, they try for. Me, I don't go. I'm there. It's a hunch I have, that playing, and singing are one of your best defenses, against decline. Even though, I finally know the sad story of Dean. He was pretty much playing himself. Dean Martin was a human milestone. On live TV, with a drink in his hand, ogling his crew. He changed our world, for the better. So, sing.

RE: Music - Scrapper - 02-22-2013

(02-21-2013, 06:16 PM)Wonky Wrote:

Seriously?

Bite me, Wonkmiester! Dry
Yes, seriously.
I like Logan's sound.
So what?!?!
Good gawd, man. Get a life. Rolling Eyes

RE: Music - Wonky - 02-22-2013

(02-22-2013, 09:31 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Seriously?

Yes, seriously.
I like Logan's sound.
So what?!?!

Wow, Scrappy, having a bad day?

I mean, "Bite me". "Get a life".

I really liked the other one (CEE-CEE) you posted and said so.

When I asked "seriously?", I was just curious why you found an amateur video of a kid covering a well known song (and IMHO not so well) to be noteworthy enough to post. But, I didn't make any nasty remarks about him, or you. If anything, your response to my "seriously?" might have been a few words about what you found that you really liked, and maybe influencing me to take a second look.

So, I'm suggesting your response here is above and beyond, and an example of a problem we have on this forum. "Bite Me" seems to me a really hostile remark.

RE: Music - Scrapper - 02-22-2013

(02-22-2013, 11:55 AM)Wonky Wrote:

Seriously?

Yes, seriously.
I like Logan's sound.
So what?!?!

When I asked "seriously?", I was just curious why you found an amateur video of a kid covering a well known song (and IMHO not so well) to be noteworthy enough to post. But, I didn't make any nasty remarks about him, or you. If anything, your response to my "seriously?" might have been a few words about what you found that you really liked, and maybe influencing me to take a second look.

So, I'm suggesting your response here is above and beyond, and an example of a problem we have on this forum. "Bite Me" seems to me a really hostile remark.

This is a thread about MUSIC... period! It happens to be music that I like and I shouldn't need to explain it to you or any one else.

(02-22-2013, 12:10 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(02-22-2013, 11:55 AM)Wonky Wrote:

Seriously?

Yes, seriously.
I like Logan's sound.
So what?!?!

This is a thread about MUSIC... period! It happens to be music that I like and I shouldn't need to explain it to you or any one else.

Fair enough. You might of considered just ignoring my comment if you did not want to talk about what you found to be worthy of a post.
It was the "Bite me", and "Get a life" I responded to.
I should have know better, given the history here.
I'll be more careful about making comments to your posts in the future, because no one gains anything from these kinds of conversations. At least we avoided vulgar language, and that's some improvement.

RE: Music - Larry - 02-22-2013

RUSH will be up at the Amphitheatre north of Portland again, July 28th. I think tickets go on sale (general public) tomorrow at 10:00 AM

FINALLY inducted to the Hall of Fame this year.

(02-22-2013, 12:36 PM)Larry Wrote: RUSH will be up at the Amphitheatre north of Portland again, July 28th. I think tickets go on sale (general public) tomorrow at 10:00 AM

I remember RUSH but didn't pay that much attention to them at the time. Mostly I only listen to bands with banjo's, washboards, harmonicas, and cow bells. So I looked them up and the following popped up on WIKI. Wow. These guys either paid off someone a WIKI (hard to do) or I missed some good stuff.

Rush has won a number of Juno Awards, and was inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame in 1994. Over their careers, the members of Rush have been acknowledged as some of the most proficient players on their respective instruments, with each band member winning numerous awards in magazine readers' polls. As a group, Rush possesses 24 gold records and 14 platinum (3 multi-platinum) records.[1] Rush's sales statistics place them third behind The Beatles and The Rolling Stones for the most consecutive gold or platinum studio albums by a rock band.[2] Rush also ranks 79th in U.S. album sales, with 25 million units.[3] Although total worldwide album sales are not calculated by any single entity, as of 2004 several industry sources estimated Rush's total worldwide album sales at over 40 million units.

(02-22-2013, 06:21 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(02-22-2013, 12:36 PM)Larry Wrote: RUSH will be up at the Amphitheatre north of Portland again, July 28th. I think tickets go on sale (general public) tomorrow at 10:00 AM

I remember RUSH but didn't pay that much attention to them at the time. Mostly I only listen to bands with banjo's, washboards, harmonicas, and cow bells. So I looked them up and the following popped up on WIKI. Wow. These guys either paid off someone a WIKI (hard to do) or I missed some good stuff.

Rush has won a number of Juno Awards, and was inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame in 1994. Over their careers, the members of Rush have been acknowledged as some of the most proficient players on their respective instruments, with each band member winning numerous awards in magazine readers' polls. As a group, Rush possesses 24 gold records and 14 platinum (3 multi-platinum) records.[1] Rush's sales statistics place them third behind The Beatles and The Rolling Stones for the most consecutive gold or platinum studio albums by a rock band.[2] Rush also ranks 79th in U.S. album sales, with 25 million units.[3] Although total worldwide album sales are not calculated by any single entity, as of 2004 several industry sources estimated Rush's total worldwide album sales at over 40 million units.

Yeah, you had to be there......

Incredibly polished musicians (3) who create a wall of sound that defies description. Especially live. If I make this one, it will be 5 times since 2004. I kick myself for missing their last tour, which had their (arguabley) best album in it's entirety. Moving Pictures.

(02-22-2013, 07:36 PM)Larry Wrote:

Incredibly polished musicians (3) who create a wall of sound that defies description. Especially live. If I make this one, it will be 5 times since 2004. I kick myself for missing their last tour, which had their (arguabley) best album in it's entirety. Moving Pictures.

I'd like to download a couple of cuts from that (or any other) album. I wonder if there are a couple you would recommend?

(02-22-2013, 09:15 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(02-22-2013, 07:36 PM)Larry Wrote:

I'd like to download a couple of cuts from that (or any other) album. I wonder if there are a couple you would recommend?

Side one of "2112" 1978ish?

Frome "Moving Pictures", Tom Sawyer, Red Barchetta.

From "A Farewell To Kings", Closer To The Heart. You will appreciate this one, Wonky.

RE: Music - Clone - 02-22-2013

I'm the only person I know that wants to go to 7 Feathers on March 4th to see/hear Merle Haggard. Sad

RE: Music - Valuesize - 02-22-2013

(02-22-2013, 09:54 PM)Clone Wrote: I'm the only person I know that wants to go to 7 Feathers on March 4th to see/hear Merle Haggard. Sad

He's still alive? Surprised

Long ago I saw The Cars open for him somewhere. It was either in Mammouth or the Starlight Ampitheater. Come to think of it, Marshall Tucker was on the same bill. Big Grin

I'd go see him if he's not in his 80's. I'll look into the feasibility....

RE: Music - Valuesize - 02-22-2013

RE: Music - Wonky - 02-23-2013

RE: Music - Wonky - 02-23-2013

(02-22-2013, 09:22 PM)Larry Wrote: From "A Farewell To Kings", Closer To The Heart. You will appreciate this one, Wonky.

Right you are! I do like it. The lyrics are great!