RogueValleyForum.com
Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) (/showthread.php?tid=17400)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - tvguy - 12-28-2016

(12-27-2016, 07:41 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-26-2016, 09:45 PM)tvguy Wrote: Hey wonky!!!

Do you use the little green arrow that directs you to NEW posts?

Because you asked me "Would you please redo that sentence for me"? I'm not smart enough to get it."
So I did and I get no response. This has happened a few times is why I wonder if you just look at the last post in these threads?

Hey! I enjoy this place, but don't LIVE here. Sorry I missed it. But now, not in the mood so catch you later.  Laughing

I guess you missed the point.You didn't answer my question. It has NOTHING to do with how often you come here and everything to do with HOW you search this site.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - tvguy - 12-28-2016

(12-27-2016, 08:15 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Because you asked me "Would you please redo that sentence for me"? I'm not smart enough to get it."
So I did and I get no response. This has happened a few times is why I wonder if you just look at the last post in these threads?

Hey! I enjoy this place, but don't LIVE here. Sorry I missed it. But now, not in the mood so catch you later.  Laughing

Well, in truth....I don't use those green arrows. I go to new posts at the top when I check in, but then I often read from the bottom up.  Go figure.  You can tell who it is posting before you reach their screen name.  That's because there are so few members and writing styles are mostly obvious and apparent.

I go to new posts at the top when I check in, But THEN I use the green arrow. Your method is goofy and makes no sense to me why you would do that but whatever. LOL

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Wonky3 - 12-28-2016

(12-28-2016, 01:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Well, in truth....I don't use those green arrows. I go to new posts at the top when I check in, but then I often read from the bottom up.  Go figure.  You can tell who it is posting before you reach their screen name.  That's because there are so few members and writing styles are mostly obvious and apparent.

I go to new posts at the top when I check in, But THEN I use the green arrow. Your method is goofy and makes no sense to me why you would do that but whatever. LOL

I start in the middle and work both ways, reading from left to right and ignoring punctuation. 

But you knew that.

And I get ALL the Hitler videos on Netlfix I need. 

I see movies in my head. Yes, they start at the middle, go both ways, and I hear the dialog in a language I can't understand...English.  Wink

I acutally YEARN for the days of the three networks, getting up to change channels, and Marshall Dillon keeping the peace. 

And Billy Crystal is an old man. Can you BELIEVE that? 

And still, I'll keep Netflix, go back and spend hours searching for something other than "The Last Days Of Hitler". 

'Cause I'm THAT guy. 

Bitch, bitch, bitch, and never do anything about anything. 

Am I in the right place, or what?

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - tvguy - 12-29-2016

(12-28-2016, 10:37 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I start in the middle and work both ways, reading from left to right and ignoring punctuation. 

But you knew that.

I see movies in my head. Yes, they start at the middle, go both ways, and I hear the dialog in a language I can't understand...English.  Wink

I acutally YEARN for the days of the three networks, getting up to change channels, and Marshall Dillon keeping the peace. 

And still, I'll keep Netflix, go back and spend hours searching for something other than "The Last Days Of Hitler". 

'Cause I'm THAT guy. 

Rain man could read the left side of a book with his left eye. And at the same time read the right side with his right eye. And remember EVERYTHING.
That's supposed to be a big deal but could he cross his eyes and read the left with the right and vicey vercy? I DOUBT IT!!!

By the way I still watch Dillon many nights. I could write a book about that series and be the Shell answer man.
Did you know Chester really did have a bad leg? Trouble was they wanted a guy with a bad right leg and Chester had a bad left leg.
And that led to medical history with a double leg transplant.I watch the show closely and find interesting things about the old west that most don't know.
Like the fact that there were no bathrooms in Dodge . I guess because no one ever had to go back then. Also there's no water. No wells anywhere? And no man EVER wore a short sleeve shirt. And they cook coffee on that stove in the jail all year long even in the summer.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Wonky3 - 12-29-2016

(12-29-2016, 12:19 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 07:41 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Hey! I enjoy this place, but don't LIVE here. Sorry I missed it. But now, not in the mood so catch you later.  Laughing

But you knew that.

'Cause I'm THAT guy. 

Rain man could read the left side of a book with his left eye. And at the same time read the right side with his right eye. And remember EVERYTHING.
That's supposed to be a big deal but could he cross his eyes and read the left with the right and vicey vercy? I DOUBT IT!!!

By the way I still watch Dillon many nights. I could write a book about that series and be the Shell answer man.
Did you know Chester really did have a bad leg? Trouble was they wanted a guy with a bad right leg and Chester had a bad left leg.
And that led to medical history with a double leg transplant.I watch the show closely and find interesting things about the old west that most don't know.
Like the fact that there were no bathrooms in Dodge . I guess because no one ever had to go back then. Also there's no water. No wells anywhere? And no man EVER wore a short sleeve shirt. And they cook coffee on that stove in the jail all year long even in the summer.

OH DEAR GOD! You mean "Gunsmoke" was not real?  Sad

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 12-29-2016

Works for me!

(12-29-2016, 08:32 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 12:19 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 08:15 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, in truth....I don't use those green arrows. I go to new posts at the top when I check in, but then I often read from the bottom up.  Go figure.  You can tell who it is posting before you reach their screen name.  That's because there are so few members and writing styles are mostly obvious and apparent.

But you knew that.

'Cause I'm THAT guy. 

OH DEAR GOD! You mean "Gunsmoke" was not real?  Sad
Just hold on a minute. I'm not one to jump to conclusions.

(12-29-2016, 12:23 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Works for me!
I could get in and out of my car using the passenger door and it would "work for me" Razz

(12-29-2016, 02:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 07:41 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Hey! I enjoy this place, but don't LIVE here. Sorry I missed it. But now, not in the mood so catch you later.  Laughing

Works for me!
I could get in and out of my car using the passenger door and it would "work for me" Razz

Well, you make it sound as thought I'm doing something inconvenient.  And perhaps it is. I think a better analogy for what I do would be say I roll the window down with the handle rather than pushing the button that lowers it.

(12-29-2016, 03:46 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 08:15 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, in truth....I don't use those green arrows. I go to new posts at the top when I check in, but then I often read from the bottom up.  Go figure.  You can tell who it is posting before you reach their screen name.  That's because there are so few members and writing styles are mostly obvious and apparent.

Works for me!

Well, you make it sound as thought I'm doing something inconvenient.  And perhaps it is. I think a better analogy for what I do would be say I roll the window down with the handle rather than pushing the button that lowers it.
OK but aren't both examples like I said.. "Goofy"   Razz

Having said that, although I can't think of an example right now. I am one to do things that others see as goofy.
This should be a thread.. What do YOU do that is goofy?

(12-29-2016, 04:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 03:46 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(12-28-2016, 01:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:  I go to new posts at the top when I check in, But THEN I use the green arrow. Your method is goofy and makes no sense to me why you would do that but whatever. LOL

Works for me!

OK but aren't both examples like I said.. "Goofy"   Razz

Having said that, although I can't think of an example right now. I am one to do things that others see as goofy.
This should be a thread.. What do YOU do that is goofy?

Well, THAT, apparently, but I call it a charming idiosyncrasy! Big Grin

I do like to moo at the cows or baaa to the sheep on the road side. Embarrasses whoever is riding with me. The livestock appreciate it though. Big Grin

(12-29-2016, 04:36 PM)Juniper Wrote: I do like to moo at the cows or baaa to the sheep on the road side.  Embarrasses whoever is riding with me.  The livestock appreciate it though. Big Grin
Good one.
I like to yell and wave at people as I drive by as if I know them.

Or when I'm at a red light and the people are turning left in front of me.. I'll wink at the women Big Grin
The reactions vary. Some giggle, some ever so slightly smile and some act as if they didn't see it at all.

(12-29-2016, 05:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 04:36 PM)Juniper Wrote: I do like to moo at the cows or baaa to the sheep on the road side.  Embarrasses whoever is riding with me.  The livestock appreciate it though. Big Grin
Good one.

Or when I'm at a red light and the people are turning left in front of me.. I'll wink at the women Big Grin
The reactions vary. Some giggle, some ever so slightly smile and some act as if they didn't see it at all.

You WINK at the women?  Blink   Oh, great.  Hilarious.  LOL. Laughing

Actually waving to people you don't know is an old country practice. I've seen it in AZ and used to see it here. But recently when on a Country-ish road around here I waved and got no response.  I looked at the cars they were driving. Too high end to be real Country folk. Just landed Gentry who don't know Country customs.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Hugo - 12-29-2016

(12-29-2016, 05:33 PM)Juniper Wrote:
Good one.

Actually waving to people you don't know is an old country practice. I've seen it in AZ and used to see it here. But recently when on a Country-ish road around here I waved and got no response.  I looked at the cars they were driving. Too high end to be real Country folk. Just landed Gentry who don't know Country customs.

On the road to my house, everyone waves.

(12-29-2016, 05:54 PM)Hugo Wrote:
Good one.

Oh Hugo! They are not waving exactly, they are "signaling" trying to let you know a crazed hunter lives up the road and shoots at anything that moves.  Razz

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 12-29-2016

I bark at the Canada Goose that have landed by the hundreds on the little golf course in my neighborhood.  Laughing

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Cuzz - 12-29-2016

Good one.

... with ALL their fingers????   Blink   Laughing

(12-29-2016, 06:57 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
Good one.

... with ALL their fingers????   Blink   Laughing

What? You mean...
Oh boy. All this time I thought folks were telling me I was "Number One".

LOLJuniper
Good one.

Hey man,It's hard to tell if you are mocking or you actually think it's funny. I'm not sure if you got the point that it's something I do sometimes that's just fun and is "goofy".LOL
Anyway I doubt too many other men are doing this when cars pass close to them at a stop light. It's a hoot Wonky Razz
I traveled every inch of Medford and the valley in a big white contractors van for for way over a decade and being in that van could be and was very often incredibly boring. Actually most all the work I did even on big jobs was boring for me.
I could write a book on practical jokes or just crazy things we used to do