RogueValleyForum.com
Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) (/showthread.php?tid=17400)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - tvguy - 01-29-2017

(01-29-2017, 12:39 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 11:45 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 09:18 AM)GPnative Wrote: 3 episodes into sneaky Pete on amazon video. So far so good. Clever story line.

I have liked a lot of stuff Geovanni Ribisi has done (Liked "Heaven" a lot) and of course anything with Margo Martindale is worth a look. But, I had trouble buying into the plot that this guy could fool the ENTIRE family (I suspect some are not fooled) and I felt story line jumped too quickly into a action plot ignoring character development. 

But, if it is available to "binge watch" I might give it a whirl. 

Good that we all are allowed different tastes. Always glad to see posts about things folks are enjoying.

I JUST read a post by you that basically said (paraphrasing, of course) anyone who disagrees with Liberal philosophies, and agrees with Conservative philosophies, are intellectually inferior, and probably don't read books.

We are are apparently not ALL allowed different tastes, in your opinion, with regards to our citizenship responsibilities.
That's not what he said at all, But if you want to paraphrase  accurately you could say Wonky said OL is a moron. Laughing Laughing

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Wonky3 - 01-29-2017

(01-29-2017, 02:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 12:39 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 11:45 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 09:18 AM)GPnative Wrote: 3 episodes into sneaky Pete on amazon video. So far so good. Clever story line.

I have liked a lot of stuff Geovanni Ribisi has done (Liked "Heaven" a lot) and of course anything with Margo Martindale is worth a look. But, I had trouble buying into the plot that this guy could fool the ENTIRE family (I suspect some are not fooled) and I felt story line jumped too quickly into a action plot ignoring character development. 

But, if it is available to "binge watch" I might give it a whirl. 

Good that we all are allowed different tastes. Always glad to see posts about things folks are enjoying.

I JUST read a post by you that basically said (paraphrasing, of course) anyone who disagrees with Liberal philosophies, and agrees with Conservative philosophies, are intellectually inferior, and probably don't read books.

We are are apparently not ALL allowed different tastes, in your opinion, with regards to our citizenship responsibilities.
That's not what he said at all, But if you want to paraphrase  accurately you could say Wonky said OL is a moron. Laughing Laughing

Well, I hope I didn't say that OL is a moron.
I did suggest he is uninformed, not interested in facts, may have trouble seeing, and that his gene pool might be shallow. 
I doubt he is a moran. But hey, if he has the card... Razz

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 02-11-2017

I cancelled my Netflix streaming because I just can't find much of anything to watch like I used to. It may be just me or Netflix just isn't as good as it used to be. I may try Amazon, but was wondering if there are other similar streaming choices I'm not aware of worth checking out.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Wonky3 - 02-11-2017

(02-11-2017, 01:00 AM)Valuesize Wrote: I cancelled my Netflix streaming because I just can't find much of anything to watch like I used to. It may be just me or Netflix just isn't as good as it used to be. I may try Amazon, but was wondering if there are other similar streaming choices I'm not aware of worth checking out.

I too, feel Netflix streaming is offering content I find less interesting. Maybe I've simply watched all that I'm attracted to, but doubt it. In casual conversations with others I often hear the same thing. 

I have Amazon Prime, and it does have different content, but overall not all that much better than Netflix. 

There is HULU. I'm looking at it, but not subscribing, I think it may be just more of the same. 

I subscribe to Charter Cable so have "On Demand", and that too is loaded with stuff I seldom want to watch.

I look forward to the day when a streaming service (Netflix maybe) will offer a extensive library in alphabetical order and one can simply dial up the title and download it at a fair and decent price. (Amazon offers that now, but the library is slim and filled with things I have no interest in) 

Until then...Books!

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 02-11-2017

(02-11-2017, 10:16 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 01:00 AM)Valuesize Wrote: I cancelled my Netflix streaming because I just can't find much of anything to watch like I used to. It may be just me or Netflix just isn't as good as it used to be. I may try Amazon, but was wondering if there are other similar streaming choices I'm not aware of worth checking out.

I too, feel Netflix streaming is offering content I find less interesting. Maybe I've simply watched all that I'm attracted to, but doubt it. In casual conversations with others I often hear the same thing. 

I have Amazon Prime, and it does have different content, but overall not all that much better than Netflix. 

There is HULU. I'm looking at it, but not subscribing, I think it may be just more of the same. 

I subscribe to Charter Cable so have "On Demand", and that too is loaded with stuff I seldom want to watch.

I look forward to the day when a streaming service (Netflix maybe) will offer a extensive library in alphabetical order and one can simply dial up the title and download it at a fair and decent price. (Amazon offers that now, but the library is slim and filled with things I have no interest in) 

Until then...Books!

It appears Amazon changed the price of Prime. It was $99 per year wasn't it? It's now $10.99 per month. I think I'll go without for awhile and see if I miss anything. Thanks for the input.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 02-11-2017

(02-11-2017, 10:16 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Until then...Books!
Very true. I used to love Netiflix. But not so much anymore. I blame the competition. Shows that I used to be able to watch on Netflix are no longer available. It's all about the made for shows.  The new series. Which can be good. But essentially, it's gone the way of renting a channel, not renting for online streams.  Stiff competition.

Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Scrapper - 03-27-2017

[Image: 754eac68c2901e15d5281e5f842ece07.jpg]

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - tvguy - 03-28-2017

(03-27-2017, 03:03 PM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: 754eac68c2901e15d5281e5f842ece07.jpg]

Season three is starting in a couple of weeks. No wonder Netflix is cheap.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Scrapper - 03-28-2017

(03-28-2017, 01:42 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-27-2017, 03:03 PM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: 754eac68c2901e15d5281e5f842ece07.jpg]

I had no clue it was on regular cable. I'll set my DVR to record season 3 and binge watch season 2 on Netflix.  Big Grin

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - tvguy - 03-28-2017

(03-28-2017, 03:43 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(03-28-2017, 01:42 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I had no clue it was on regular cable. I'll set my DVR to record season 3 and binge watch season 2 on Netflix.  Big Grin
It's on AMC, Direct TV is showing all of season two also April 10.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 03-28-2017

I cancelled my Netflix. I'll probably do the Amazon Prime after we move, mostly for the shipping service.

(03-28-2017, 04:28 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I cancelled my Netflix. I'll probably do the Amazon Prime after we move, mostly for the shipping service.
We do Prime for shipping. Their book, music and movie services leave a lot to be desired. Movies are mostly old. Newer stuff requires $$ on top of the Prime cost.

(03-28-2017, 04:47 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(03-28-2017, 04:28 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I cancelled my Netflix. I'll probably do the Amazon Prime after we move, mostly for the shipping service.
We do Prime for shipping. Their book, music and movie services leave a lot to be desired. Movies are mostly old. Newer stuff requires $$ on top of the Prime cost.

You think Netflix is still better for content then?

(03-28-2017, 04:49 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-28-2017, 04:47 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

You think Netflix is still better for content then?

Absolutely.  We have both and have watched one old movie that the Hubby wanted to watch on Amazon.  We mostly watch streaming Netflix and on occasion rent a Red Box movie.  I like that the Comcast box has a built-in Netflix app... easy peasy!  We used to have to watch it through the Blue Ray player.  So much more convenient now.

Did you know that Xfinity has an app "STREAM TV" you can watch all the channels on your phone or tablet?

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 03-28-2017

I have to say, I use my Netflix less and less. I used to love them. Everything I ever want to watch is not streamed, and I really don't renting discs anymore.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Scrapper - 03-29-2017

(03-28-2017, 05:47 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Did you know that Xfinity has an app "STREAM TV" you can watch all the channels on your phone or tablet?
No... I'll look for it! That would be awesome.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 04-20-2017

The high school issued an email to parents letting parents know about the Netflix original "13 Reasons Why." Evidently it't created quite a stir on campus because it's so disturbing "some of the kids are struggling emotionally because of what they have seen."   Twitch

I may have to do the one month trial to check it out, but my daughter seems quite disinterested.  Wink

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - GPnative - 04-20-2017

(04-20-2017, 04:08 PM)Valuesize Wrote: The high school issued an email to parents letting parents know about the Netflix original "13 Reasons Why." Evidently it't created quite a stir on campus because it's so disturbing "some of the kids are struggling emotionally because of what they have seen."   Twitch

I may have to do the one month trial to check it out, but my daughter seems quite disinterested.  Wink

We have Netflix, maybe I'll check it out. Young characters genre though, seems rather twilight'esque, which I found pretty awful.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Wonky3 - 04-20-2017

(04-20-2017, 05:12 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 04:08 PM)Valuesize Wrote: The high school issued an email to parents letting parents know about the Netflix original "13 Reasons Why." Evidently it't created quite a stir on campus because it's so disturbing "some of the kids are struggling emotionally because of what they have seen."   Twitch

We have Netflix, maybe I'll check it out. Young characters genre though, seems rather twilight'esque, which I found pretty awful.

Yeah, kinda what I thought. But, IMDB gave the thing a 9.x rating, very high. 

They said, "Follows teenager Clay Jensen, in his quest to uncover the story behind his classmate and crush, Hannah, and her decision to end her life."

I guess this is not a RomCom. 

I don't want my teenage granddaughter to see it. (Now why the hell is granddaughter is such a strange font there? What the hell is going on here? Whatever...
Anyway, my granddaughter (see that!) is 14 (I think) and I want her watching only cartoons about bunny rabbits and NEVER EVER even talking to boys! (The devil has taken over my computer and changing fonts. I need to see a priest and get this taken care of.)

And, (changed font) I can't see a movie until I've seen "Transpotting" per Tia (She will always be Tia to me). 

Bye the way, when one is at the movies and has to pee, what is the signal to the projectionist to shop the film for a few minutes? (My machine is changing fonts of it's own accord. Screw this: I'm going back to a typewriter and I'll post 3X5 cards down at the coin laundromat.