RogueValleyForum.com
Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) (/showthread.php?tid=17400)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 10-01-2017

(10-01-2017, 05:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 04:36 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 03:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 09:56 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 09:41 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: You must have a better subscription.
I can't get it until October 13th.  Sad

See I think I'm confused. I was watching this and it was called Manhunt...Sam Worthington and Kaczynski.  But when my Netflix sends me prompts it says "Mindhunter"  so I think "Mindhunter" is the series they are kicking off but doesn't have Worthinton and "Manhunt" is the pilot series. It's just another series about profilers.  Both are based ont he John Douglas works and writings  (the origins of profiling as a science. I think John Douglas is making a lot of money off his FBI days) But if profiling is depicted right I find it fascinating. So, sorry about my misinformation.  It's easy to confuse people are who aren't paying close attention. I'm sure you can find "Manhunt" with Worthington right now.

I think John Douglas is making a lot of money off his FBI days) But if profiling is depicted right I find it fascinating

I'm sure he is, I think he always has. I read at least one of his books MANY years ago. I also find profiling to be fascinating.
I just hope this show or series is done right and not dramatized with cheap acting like so many others.
Or just really bad formulaic formatting. A lot of times the actors aren't so bad but it's just written like crap.
 Yep it's often both. I'm probably different that most but I like shows like "the first 48" more than shows like all those NCI shows.
The first 48 has no actors and no one wrote a script. It's real detectives and it's real suspects,criminals,witnesses etc.

A kind of funny show that seems cheap to me is Joe Kenda in "Homicide Hunter". He is the real deal and I like the way he talks.
But the show goes back in time to the 70's when he was working and they make kind of a half ass  attempt at recreating the 70's.
You see new buildings and new cars etc LOL

Yeah, that is cheap.

I still like the Michael Mann Manhunter. It's the first profiler film; it's straight from John Douglas's doctrine, but it's got a really mystical quality to  it. It's dated now.  But I can't listen to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida without thinking of that film.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 10-05-2017

Take a step back in time with Woody.  Big Grin

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Wonky3 - 10-05-2017

(10-05-2017, 09:40 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Take a step back in time with Woody.  Big Grin

Wow! Woody Allen can still walk? The guy is even older than I am! (He was born 1935, I came into the world a FULL two years later. And yes, I'm walking just fine) 
Looks like an interesting setting: We can still learn from the 60's? 
So, guess I better keep up my Amazon Prime membership. What he hell, it's only money.

PS: Anyone making book on where Amazon will build their new distribution center? Cites all over the country are acting like whores trying to attract them. 

More PS: Best Woody Allen movie of all time? (No...NOT "Interiors"  Laughing )

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 10-15-2017

I'm just going to say, I really liked this.  I hate the title, it seems so cliche, but it was very good.  It seems to be taking a slow build, which is a good sign if they keep renewing. I like story and character development. It doesn't rely on sex or violence to drive it, though those things are in it. I essentially binge watched it over the week. Now I'm in a show hole.   Laughing Sad 
https://www.netflix.com/title/80114855

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 06:49 PM)Juniper Wrote: I'm just going to say, I really liked this.  I hate the title, it seems so cliche, but it was very good.  It seems to be taking a slow build, which is a good sign if they keep renewing. I like story and character development. It doesn't rely on sex or violence to drive it, though those things are in it. I essentially binge watched it over the week. Now I'm in a show hole.   Laughing Sad 

No can do, I switched to Amazon. Sad

Any Amazoners find anything good lately? Few and far between for me, but I watch the kids movies more than for myself anyway.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Scrapper - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 08:39 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 06:49 PM)Juniper Wrote: I'm just going to say, I really liked this.  I hate the title, it seems so cliche, but it was very good.  It seems to be taking a slow build, which is a good sign if they keep renewing. I like story and character development. It doesn't rely on sex or violence to drive it, though those things are in it. I essentially binge watched it over the week. Now I'm in a show hole.   Sad 

Any Amazoners find anything good lately? Few and far between for me, but I watch the kids movies more than for myself anyway.
I have Netflix and Amazon... IMO Amazon sucks.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 10-16-2017

(10-15-2017, 06:49 PM)Juniper Wrote: I'm just going to say, I really liked this.  I hate the title, it seems so cliche, but it was very good.  It seems to be taking a slow build, which is a good sign if they keep renewing. I like story and character development. It doesn't rely on sex or violence to drive it, though those things are in it. I essentially binge watched it over the week. Now I'm in a show hole.   Laughing Sad 

Amazon?  Well, then, sadly VS, we must take our leave and bid one another adieux!Laughing Big Grin

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 10-16-2017

(10-16-2017, 07:09 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Amazon?  Well, then, sadly VS, we must take our leave and bid one another adieux!Laughing Big Grin

Au revoir mon ami!

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Wonky3 - 10-16-2017

(10-15-2017, 09:08 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 06:49 PM)Juniper Wrote: I'm just going to say, I really liked this.  I hate the title, it seems so cliche, but it was very good.  It seems to be taking a slow build, which is a good sign if they keep renewing. I like story and character development. It doesn't rely on sex or violence to drive it, though those things are in it. I essentially binge watched it over the week. Now I'm in a show hole.   Sad 

I have Netflix and Amazon... IMO Amazon sucks.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
I agree, Scrapper, at least to a point: Amazon does provide some good content. But, we are out of luck if we don't get in on episode one of season one. Someone suggested I watch "Catastrophe" but I couldn't find a way to go back and watch it from the first episode. (Something I don't know or understand? ...please advise). 

So, I subscribe to Netflix Streaming. I'm thinking of springing for a one DVD at a time by mail to get movies I want to see that I can't get on streaming.

(10-16-2017, 07:59 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: I agree, Scrapper, at least to a point: Amazon does provide some good content. But, we are out of luck if we don't get in on episode one of season one. Someone suggested I watch "Catastrophe" but I couldn't find a way to go back and watch it from the first episode. (Something I don't know or understand? ...please advise). 

So, I subscribe to Netflix Streaming. I'm thinking of springing for a one DVD at a time by mail to get movies I want to see that I can't get on streaming.

What do you get if you click this link?

https://www.amazon.com/Episode-1/dp/B00X8UKN42/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1508166487&sr=1-1&keywords=Catastrophe

(10-16-2017, 08:10 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 07:59 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: I agree, Scrapper, at least to a point: Amazon does provide some good content. But, we are out of luck if we don't get in on episode one of season one. Someone suggested I watch "Catastrophe" but I couldn't find a way to go back and watch it from the first episode. (Something I don't know or understand? ...please advise). 

https://www.amazon.com/Episode-1/dp/B00X8UKN42/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1508166487&sr=1-1&keywords=Catastrophe
I get episode six.

(10-16-2017, 08:22 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I get episode six.

Bummer. Maybe if you cleaned your cache or whatever it is that is keeping track of your episodes watched?

(10-16-2017, 08:33 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

I get episode six.

Bummer. Maybe if you cleaned your cache or whatever it is that is keeping track of your episodes watched?
That's a thought. Just recently cleaned cache with CClaaner...will have a look later. Thanks.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - GPnative - 10-16-2017

(10-16-2017, 08:38 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I get episode six.

That's a thought. Just recently cleaned cache with CClaaner...will have a look later. Thanks.

I don't remember how I did it, but I remember Amazon being pooched one time for me on a series by remembering the wrong starting point. But there is a way to do it, iirc there should be a watch from the beginning button, try clicking that.

(10-16-2017, 09:47 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 08:10 AM)Valuesize Wrote: What do you get if you click this link?

I get episode six.

I don't remember how I did it, but I remember Amazon being pooched one time for me on a series by remembering the wrong starting point. But there is a way to do it, iirc there should be a watch from the beginning button, try clicking that.
Nope. No watch from beginning button. No help in HELP... Wink . Oh well.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - GPnative - 10-16-2017

(10-16-2017, 10:53 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 08:22 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: I get episode six.

Well you shouldn't of signed up for their special grab bag: we decide what you are going to watch shit plan. Razz

(10-16-2017, 12:02 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 08:33 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Bummer. Maybe if you cleaned your cache or whatever it is that is keeping track of your episodes watched?

Well you shouldn't of signed up for their special grab bag: we decide what you are going to watch shit plan. Razz

Netflix doesn't decide  for me, but I do feel they try to strongly influence me. It will play a film I'm not interested in unless I'm quick on the trigger.  Always a Netflix original too. They try very strongly to influence how I watch.

(10-16-2017, 12:21 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 12:02 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 08:38 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: That's a thought. Just recently cleaned cache with CClaaner...will have a look later. Thanks.

Netflix doesn't decide  for me, but I do feel they try to strongly influence me. It will play a film I'm not interested in unless I'm quick on the trigger.  Always a Netflix original too. They try very strongly to influence how I watch.
Boy Howdy! (As Clone might say). Those folks will be sending emails about what we should have for breakfast next. Worse than Wonky trying to dictate the flow of the forum. Okay, not that bad, but still...

This show has some interesting music...I'll try and post it.

Here it is:  Gordon Lightfoot's "If you could read my mind love"  I think that's done on wine glasses ...nice effect.  I guess the Musician is from Ashland.

https://soundcloud.com/user-28856261/mindhunter-trailer-music-if-you-could-read-my-mind-m1