RogueValleyForum.com
Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) (/showthread.php?tid=17400)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - tvguy - 10-20-2017

(10-20-2017, 03:18 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 02:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 02:39 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 02:16 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 05:35 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Yes. I am. Reading many of your recent posts, it appears you have had little joy in your life. Even if the three laughing faces were meant to express something less than fun, they may defect whatever angst is troubling you. 
Use me.  Razz
When I read the above text I thought for sure I was reading what Juniper was saying to you Wonky.
Really?
We have to stop sleeping together.  Razz

Yes really. You don't seem like the same Old Wonky and you even talked about suicide. Plus I don't see any change in Juniper.
I didn't talk about ending MY OWN life anytime soon.
But, I did broach the subject because I feel that for (some) elderly people with illnesses that are debilitating and cause extreme discomfort (and pain), should be aware of all the options open to them. 

And don't get between Tia and me. We tangle just fine without your interference. 

But you want to talk about SUBDIVISIONS don't you?  Laughing  I know you do. They are dangerous, come out at night and eat children. But you wouldn't cut Hugo even a second of slack. (I doubt he's  afraid of subdivisions but he DOES know that there are SOME gun owner who are dangerous) See how much you have in common?  Big Grin
You have the Argument Gene. You had it even before Monty Python.  Razz It can't be removed.

But you wouldn't cut Hugo even a second of slack.

All you or Hugo had to say was YES the comment Hugo made was not true.

But neither of of you could cough that up. And now you can't let it go and this is the second time you bring it up on DIFFERENT threads.
TROLL.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 10-20-2017

(10-20-2017, 02:16 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 05:35 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Yes. I am. Reading many of your recent posts, it appears you have had little joy in your life. Even if the three laughing faces were meant to express something less than fun, they may defect whatever angst is troubling you. 
Use me.  Razz
When I read the above text I thought for sure I was reading what Juniper was saying to you Wonky.
Really?

Yes really. You don't seem like the same Old Wonky and you even talked about suicide. Plus I don't see any change in Juniper.
But, I did broach the subject because I feel that for (some) elderly people with illnesses that are debilitating and cause extreme discomfort (and pain), should be aware of all the options open to them. 

And don't get between Tia and me. We tangle just fine without your interference. 

But you want to talk about SUBDIVISIONS don't you?  Laughing  I know you do. They are dangerous, come out at night and eat children. But you wouldn't cut Hugo even a second of slack. (I doubt he's  afraid of subdivisions but he DOES know that there are SOME gun owner who are dangerous) See how much you have in common?  Big Grin
You have the Argument Gene. You had it even before Monty Python.  Razz It can't be removed.

I told you, we're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week..

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Wonky3 - 10-20-2017

(10-20-2017, 03:57 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 02:16 PM)tvguy Wrote: When I read the above text I thought for sure I was reading what Juniper was saying to you Wonky.
Really?

I told you, we're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week..

Great! Will you PLEASE take charge and turn this back into a Netflix (or other streaming) topic. My eyes keep getting older and I need to take more frequent breaks from reading print that is to damn small. I'm in the mood for a good Western...been a while since I've seen one.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 10-20-2017

(10-20-2017, 06:21 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Great! Will you PLEASE take charge and turn this back into a Netflix (or other streaming) topic. My eyes keep getting older and I need to take more frequent breaks from reading print that is to damn small. I'm in the mood for a good Western...been a while since I've seen one.

I have the new Magnificent Seven saved to watch the next time I have 2hr - 12 consecutive min.  Big Grin  Have you seen it yet? 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2404435/

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Wonky3 - 10-21-2017

(10-20-2017, 06:34 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 06:21 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Great! Will you PLEASE take charge and turn this back into a Netflix (or other streaming) topic. My eyes keep getting older and I need to take more frequent breaks from reading print that is to damn small. I'm in the mood for a good Western...been a while since I've seen one.

I have the new Magnificent Seven saved to watch the next time I have 2hr - 12 consecutive min.  Big Grin  Have you seen it yet? 

Not yet. May go. Good cast. Can ANY version be as good as the original?

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 10-21-2017

(10-21-2017, 09:55 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

It's on Amazon so you don't necessarily need to "go."

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 10-21-2017

(10-21-2017, 09:55 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Which one?  Original Magnificent 7?  Or Kurusawa's Seven Samurai?

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - tvguy - 10-21-2017

Will it be as good as the original? I doubt it. For one thing I don't like Denzel. Pretty much tired of him.
And this trailer had some gangsta rap shit for music and I hope that crap isn't in the entire movie.
Also I notice the new movie has the obligatory Asian, African American, Hispanic and native American and for all I know one of them is gay Razz

The original magnificent seven may have been a simple movie but it had a cast of actors that this new movie simply can't match. For me anyway  Smiling
Yule Brynner  Steve McQueen  Charles Bronson James Coburn

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/q-RBA0xoaWU [/video]

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 10-21-2017

(10-21-2017, 03:13 PM)tvguy Wrote: Will it be as good as the original? I doubt it. For one thing I don't like Denzel. Pretty much tired of him.
And this trailer had some gangsta rap shit for music and I hope that crap isn't in the entire movie.
Also I notice the new movie has the obligatory Asian, African American, Hispanic and native American and for all I know one of them is gay Razz

The original magnificent seven may have been a simple movie but it had a cast of actors that this new movie simply can't match. For me anyway  Smiling

Transgender.  Razz

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - tvguy - 10-21-2017

(10-21-2017, 05:22 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 03:13 PM)tvguy Wrote: Will it be as good as the original? I doubt it. For one thing I don't like Denzel. Pretty much tired of him.

Transgender.  Razz

The transnifcent seven. Coming to a theater near you.Probably in Ashland.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 10-21-2017

(10-20-2017, 06:21 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 03:57 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 02:39 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Really?

Great! Will you PLEASE take charge and turn this back into a Netflix (or other streaming) topic. My eyes keep getting older and I need to take more frequent breaks from reading print that is to damn small. I'm in the mood for a good Western...been a while since I've seen one.

Ironically, this was not recognized as the Monty Python quote it was. Big Grin

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Scrapper - 10-22-2017

We watched "Lion" last night.  We both give it a thumbs up.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 08:17 AM)Scrapper Wrote: We watched "Lion" last night.  We both give it a thumbs up.

I enjoyed Lion. It wasn't GREAT, but it was good.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Wonky3 - 10-22-2017

Netflix: "The Meyerowitz Stories".

It's SO great!

(Your'e gonna hate it  Wink )

Later:

Well okay then: How about a good old fashioned RomCom? Try Netflix: "Before we go".

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 10-26-2017

FYI: You can watch the Thursday Night NFL game live on Amazon.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Wonky3 - 10-26-2017

(10-26-2017, 05:43 PM)Valuesize Wrote: FYI: You can watch the Thursday Night NFL game live on Amazon.

Do they show them on Wednesday nights? Thursdays don't work for me.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 10-26-2017

(10-26-2017, 06:32 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 05:43 PM)Valuesize Wrote: FYI: You can watch the Thursday Night NFL game live on Amazon.

Do they show them on Wednesday nights? Thursdays don't work for me.

Yes I know, football is beneath you. (along with most of the current members) But there MAY be someone lurking out there that found the info useful.  Laughing

Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Scrapper - 10-26-2017

I like NFL... but the Beavs are playing. That trumps the NFL.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 10-27-2017

If you have a Roku device be sure to add The Roku Channel as they now have some pretty good movies available free.

https://blog.roku.com/free-on-the-roku-channel-2?j=108094&sfmc_sub=12310926&l=122_HTML&u=1545086&mid=7290768&jb=22&r=0e7c0b3c-bc0d-5c03-a843-ccf2c7443edf#big-fish

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - tvguy - 10-27-2017

(10-27-2017, 03:57 PM)Valuesize Wrote: If you have a Roku device be sure to add The Roku Channel as they now have some pretty good movies available free.

https://blog.roku.com/free-on-the-roku-channel-2?j=108094&sfmc_sub=12310926&l=122_HTML&u=1545086&mid=7290768&jb=22&r=0e7c0b3c-bc0d-5c03-a843-ccf2c7443edf#big-fish

Cool. I have Roku, it came with my TV as well as Youtube and other crap I know nothing about Smiling

edit... yes pretty good movies and pretty old too LOL.. but what do ya want for free. Smiling