RogueValleyForum.com
Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) (/showthread.php?tid=17400)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - tvguy - 11-23-2018

(11-23-2018, 09:29 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 09:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 08:54 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I hear the Trevor Noah stand up just added to Netflix is pretty good, but I may watch the Coen brothers  six-part Western anthology film first.  Big Grin

I can't wait to see that. The last line in this trailer Really did make me laugh my ass off. And also my wife when I told her. Big Grin

I like James Franco.

James Franco. So weird. I like him, but his acting is so flat.  So, why do I like him?
He has a KILLER smile, and no I'm not gay Razz

He plays a dual role in the series "the Deuce" very well.

People loved John Wayne. Me too. I think his acting was flat.. if you call it acting. He just acted like himself Big Grin

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 11-23-2018

(11-23-2018, 09:41 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 08:54 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I hear the Trevor Noah stand up just added to Netflix is pretty good, but I may watch the Coen brothers  six-part Western anthology film first.  Big Grin

I can't wait to see that. The last line in this trailer Really did make me laugh my ass off. And also my wife when I told her. Big Grin

I like James Franco.

James Franco. So weird. I like him, but his acting is so flat.  So, why do I like him?

People loved John Wayne. Me too. I think his acting was flat.. if you call it acting. He just acted like himself Big Grin

Yeah, he couldn't act. Neither can Stallone or Schwarznegger.

I like Franco. He's definitely easy on the eyes.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - tvguy - 11-23-2018

(11-23-2018, 09:51 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I like James Franco.

Did you play the trailer? I swear the last like by Franco is the funniest thing I've heard in quite a while.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 11-23-2018

(11-23-2018, 09:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 09:51 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 09:22 PM)tvguy Wrote: I can't wait to see that. The last line in this trailer Really did make me laugh my ass off. And also my wife when I told her. Big Grin

I like James Franco.

Did you play the trailer? I swear the last like by Franco is the funniest thing I've heard in quite a while.

No.  I'll watch it eventually.  I like the Coen brothers. I'm always behind on watching shows.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - GPnative - 01-04-2019

During the holidays I watched and enjoyed Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 01-04-2019

(01-04-2019, 10:34 AM)GPnative Wrote: During the holidays I watched and enjoyed Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime.

I don't know who Jack Ryan is!

(01-04-2019, 11:06 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 10:34 AM)GPnative Wrote: During the holidays I watched and enjoyed Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime.

Tom Clancy Character

Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Scrapper - 01-04-2019

We watched "Ghosts of Highway 20" on YouTube the other evening. Pretty interesting. It's a documentary about rapes, murders, missing females from along Highway 20 in Oregon.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

(01-04-2019, 12:23 PM)Scrapper Wrote: We watched "Ghosts of Highway 20" on YouTube the other evening. Pretty interesting. It's a documentary about rapes, murders, missing females from along Highway 20 in Oregon.

wow, what a story, I had no idea. I just read a 5 part series about it on the Oregonian/Oregon Live website, will have watch the documentary when I have time.

And I can't believe this, from the article:

He continued to receive $3,624 monthly public employee pension even while he was in prison. He stuffed his cell with food from the prison commissary

I hemmed and hawed about watching Obey Giant about street artist Shepard Fairy, but I was glad I did. He really is an amazing artist.

(01-04-2019, 11:17 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Tom Clancy Character

Oh, OK.  I don't think I've ever read or seen a Tom Clancy story.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - tvguy - 01-04-2019

(01-04-2019, 12:23 PM)Scrapper Wrote: We watched "Ghosts of Highway 20" on YouTube the other evening. Pretty interesting. It's a documentary about rapes, murders, missing females from along Highway 20 in Oregon.

Now you're talking LOL That's the kind of stuff I watch.

After you have watched a million shows like this about crime, murder, missing people It really seem crazy how the national news ABC CBS or whatever.
Focus on murders of either RICH, very pretty or girls who got killed while in the Bahama's.
As if the same thing doesn't happen every damn day in our own states or cities.

Thanks I have Youtube on my TV. I don't have Netflix like EVERY ONE else here LOL.

(01-04-2019, 01:52 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Tom Clancy Character

Nor have I but it's on youtube I guess so now I will.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Cuzz - 01-04-2019

(01-04-2019, 02:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Tom Clancy Character

Seriously? You haven't even seen The Hunt for Red October? Or a hundred other movies. Well that's an exaggeration but really?

(01-04-2019, 02:31 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 11:06 AM)Juniper Wrote: I don't know who Jack Ryan is!

Tom Clancy Character

Seriously? You haven't even seen The Hunt for Red October? Or a hundred other movies. Well that's an exaggeration but really?

Maybe.  But I kind of zone out on those kind of films.  I know THAT film though. When you say it I think, oh, Sean Connery, so I know the film. And probably others. Did not know that that was the name, nor have I ever read Tom Clancy.

So, here's something funny. For Christmas which is the rare time my tiny family gathers all together, we play games.  This time we played this guessing game. I was supposed to explain what a music festival was without saying certain forbidden words. Like "festival" or "Music" and get my partner to guess what I meant.  So, I was supposed to get my daughter to guess the answer was "Music Festival".  I described the events without certain words...but concert names were allowed. So, I said "Woodstock" and "Lollapalooza".  She told me those words meant nothing to her and she had no idea what I was trying to describe. !

(01-04-2019, 02:40 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 11:17 AM)GPnative Wrote: Tom Clancy Character

Maybe.  But I kind of zone out on those kind of films.  I know THAT film though. When you say it I think, oh, Sean Connery, so I know the film. And probably others. Did not know that that was the name, nor have I ever read Tom Clancy.

So, here's something funny. For Christmas which is the rare time my tiny family gathers all together, we play games.  This time we played this guessing game. I was supposed to explain what a music festival was without saying certain forbidden words. Like "festival" or "Music" and get my partner to guess what I meant.  So, I was supposed to get my daughter to guess the answer was "Music Festival".  I described the events without certain words...but concert names were allowed. So, I said "Woodstock" and "Lollapalooza".  She told me those words meant nothing to her and she had no idea what I was trying to describe. !

If you said "Lollapalooza to me I would not have a clue either. But not knowing what Woodstock was is kind on inexcusable I don't care how young, Holy crap.

(01-04-2019, 02:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 01:52 PM)Juniper Wrote: Oh, OK.  I don't think I've ever read or seen a Tom Clancy story.

If you said "Lollapalooza to me I would not have a clue either. But not knowing what Woodstock was is kind on inexcusable I don't care how young, Holy crap.
Well, I was astounded!   She is the oldest. The others knew what it was.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Cuzz - 01-04-2019

(01-04-2019, 07:21 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 02:22 PM)tvguy Wrote: Nor have I but it's on youtube I guess so now I will.

That would really surprise me. Maybe it shouldn't anymore but it probably would.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - tvguy - 01-05-2019

(01-04-2019, 07:53 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 07:21 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 02:31 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Seriously? You haven't even seen The Hunt for Red October? Or a hundred other movies. Well that's an exaggeration but really?

That would really surprise me. Maybe it shouldn't anymore but it probably would.

This is what I like about internet forums or even FB. It gives me ideas of things to find and read.
I found this site when trying to find out how many people never heard of Woodstock.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2009/08/12/iii-woodstock/

The site has a ton of interesting info regarding differences in generations.

[Image: 739-14.gif]

But even with all that: 40 years later, how many people still know what Woodstock was?

Seven-in-ten do, according to the Pew Research survey of our nationally representative sample of 1,815 people ages 16 and above.
Not surprisingly, levels of public knowledge of Woodstock differ among different demographic groups. Moreover, the descriptions of Woodstock by today’s public show that, 40 years after the fact, it still packs a pretty good punch as a cultural Rorschach test.
Knowledge
The age group most familiar with Woodstock is adults ages 50 to 64. That’s not surprising; they are the baby boomers who came of age during the height of the youth rebellion of the 1960s. Today, 85% of them gave a correct answer to the following open-ended question in our survey: “This year marks the 40th anniversary of Woodstock. Can you tell me what Woodstock was, or don’t you know?”
Familiarity with Woodstock falls to 71% among two adjacent age groups: adults 30 to 49, and those 65 and older. Among the youngest age group in the survey (ages 16 to 24), just half know what Woodstock was.
The differences by race are even bigger. Some 82% of whites know what Woodstock was, more than double the share of blacks (40%) and Latinos (39%) in our survey who provided a correct answer. Likewise, those with college degrees (irrespective of race) are far more likely than those with a high school diploma or less to be able to identify Woodstock — 88% versus 58%.
Finally, a higher share of Republicans (75%) than Democrats (66%) know what Woodstock was, a disparity largely explained by the far higher share of blacks and Hispanics who are Democrats than Republicans.
Descriptions
Our open-ended question did not ask respondents for their opinion about Woodstock. It simply asked if they knew what it was. Nonetheless, respondents went ahead anyway and served up opinions aplenty.
Woodstock: The Rorschach Test
A sample of responses to the question: “Do you know what Woodstock was?”

Thumbs Down

• “A bunch of hippies met in a park and did whatever they wanted”
  • “ A total moral mess”
  • “Bunch of crazies running around smoking dope”
  • “Hippie drug-fest”
  • “ Wild kids having sex”
  • “Filth”
  • “Pathetic”

Thumbs Up

• “It was about love and peace and the war”
  • “A celebration of freedom and new ideas”
  • “People being out in the open and being free”
  • “Era of rebellion and being yourself”
  • “A celebration of life, love and music”
  • “A love-in”
  • “One hell of a party”

Maybe Up, Maybe Down
  • “A mass gathering to hear music and run around in the mud”
  • “Everyone went to a field and got naked”
  • “An amorous party at a farm and Jimi Hendrix played ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ on his guitar with his teeth”

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - tvguy - 01-05-2019

Hey Juniper. I was thinking how funny it would be if your daughter was on Wheel of fortune and it said this....

WOOD_ _ _ _ _ FESTIVAL

OK Pat, I'll take an R please.

Laughing Laughing Laughing