RogueValleyForum.com
Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) (/showthread.php?tid=17400)

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 12-29-2015

(12-26-2015, 01:23 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 07:46 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Okie Dokie, VS...finished River. I need a new recommendation! Smiling

"Detectorists." Should suit you and TV both. No guarantees as I'm only two shows in, but I'm enjoying it so far.  Wink

You have a good record with me, VS, I think I've liked everything you've ever recommended.  Including this one.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 12-30-2015

(12-29-2015, 11:06 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 07:46 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Okie Dokie, VS...finished River. I need a new recommendation! Smiling

"Detectorists." Should suit you and TV both. No guarantees as I'm only two shows in, but I'm enjoying it so far.  Wink

You have a good record with me, VS, I think I've liked everything you've ever recommended.  Including this one.

Only recently really. 

Just watched The Suicide Theory. You tend to give up sooner than I on slow to develop movies or series so if you are going to watch, you'll need to stay the course on this one. It may even be a little too dark for you though...  Laughing  

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 12-30-2015

(12-30-2015, 12:27 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-29-2015, 11:06 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Only recently really. 

Just watched The Suicide Theory. You tend to give up sooner than I on slow to develop movies or series so if you are going to watch, you'll need to stay the course on this one. It may even be a little too dark for you though...  Laughing  
OK, I'm still trying to get through Legends. I only watched one episode.  I liked it. But it still hasn't grabbed me enough to keep going.  But, I don't hate it.  So, are you saying you liked The Suicide Theory?

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 12-30-2015

(12-30-2015, 09:15 AM)Juniper Wrote: OK, I'm still trying to get through Legends. I only watched one episode.  I liked it. But it still hasn't grabbed me enough to keep going.  But, I don't hate it.  So, are you saying you liked The Suicide Theory?

Considered stopping at a couple of points, but in the end, glad I didn't. 

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 01-02-2016

Anyone watch "Run All Night?" (Liam Neeson)

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Scrapper - 01-07-2016

A hidden gem!

NetFlix Streaming by Alternate Genres

http://ogres-crypt.com/public/NetFlix-Streaming-Genres.html

A few I found interesting:

Classic Dramas: http://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/29809

Classic Comedies: http://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/31694

Crime Documentaries: http://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/9875

Dramas Based on Real Life: http://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/3653 

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 01-07-2016

Season 9 of Foyles War is out on Netflix now, if anyone is a fan of that show.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 08:20 PM)Juniper Wrote: Season 9 of Foyles War is out on Netflix now, if anyone is a fan of that show.

I've never heard of it, should I be? A fan that is....

(01-07-2016, 08:31 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 08:20 PM)Juniper Wrote: Season 9 of Foyles War is out on Netflix now, if anyone is a fan of that show.

Well, it's a British television series. I think they carry the entire series. I'm a fan of a lot of British Series (though many I don't like), like Luther, Sherlock,  Doc Martin, Broadchurch, The Bletchley Circle,  Wallander, Land Girls....I quite liked your recommendation of The Detectorists by the way

(01-07-2016, 08:45 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Well, it's a British television series. I think they carry the entire series. I'm a fan of a lot of British Series (though many I don't like), like Luther, Sherlock,  Doc Martin, Broadchurch, The Bletchley Circle,  Wallander, Land Girls....I quite liked your recommendation of The Detectorists by the way

So, do any of those 50 words above give me a clue as to whether I should be a fan of THIS particular show?  Laughing  

It was you, was it not, VS, who recommended River to me? I really liked that. Foyle's War is much more episodic. I also particularly like WW2 dramatized series. There are not many of them, but tend to like them.

(01-07-2016, 08:59 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

So, do any of those 50 words above give me a clue as to whether I should be a fan of THIS particular show?  Laughing  

I don't know, VS. It's a series. Each episode is self contained. And it's really just a detective series set in WW2 England. Not as dark and edgy as River, Wallander, or Luther. More straight forward, but I quite liked it.  I'd just say, give it a try with season 1, episode one and see if it's your thing.

(01-07-2016, 09:01 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I don't know, VS. It's a series. Each episode is self contained. And it's really just a detective series set in WW2 England. Not as dark and edgy as River, Wallander, or Luther. More straight forward, but I quite liked it.  I'd just say, give it a try with season 1, episode one and see if it's your thing.

Well ok then. "I quite liked it" I can understand and will certainly give it a look.  Wink I don't think it's fair to judge a show on one episode so I'll give series one a go and see if it leads me to two. Thanks for the rec....

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Wonky3 - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 09:10 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 09:01 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 08:31 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I've never heard of it, should I be? A fan that is....

Well ok then. "I quite liked it" I can understand and will certainly give it a look.  Wink I don't think it's fair to judge a show on one episode so I'll give series one a go and see if it leads me to two. Thanks for the rec....

For what it's worth, I really enjoyed Foyle's War...a lot. (But like so many series, I feel they went on season too long) 

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 01-08-2016

(01-07-2016, 08:45 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, it's a British television series. I think they carry the entire series. I'm a fan of a lot of British Series (though many I don't like), like Luther, Sherlock,  Doc Martin, Broadchurch, The Bletchley Circle,  Wallander, Land Girls....I quite liked your recommendation of The Detectorists by the way

Did you see this one? Came up recently on Netflix....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2297604/

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 01-10-2016

Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta won a GGA tonight for her part in AHS-Hotel. Anyone catch the first episode last week? 

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 01-11-2016

(01-10-2016, 10:12 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta won a GGA tonight for her part in AHS-Hotel. Anyone catch the first episode last week? 

American Horror Story doesn't grab me. I can't get into it.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 01-18-2016

I mentioned this show elsewhere on the forum. I'm so astounded by some of the things shown in Making of a Murderer on Netflix that I just sit and shake my head. Waiting to see if others have opinions on it if and when they watch it. It takes a commitment to watch at 10 episodes. Nearly all of it was very compelling. I realize it is very controversial right now. If something makes it to my field of consciousness and awareness it's usually something that will make me at least take a look. Because I don't really watch a lot of TV or participate in the usual watercooler kind of talk, for it to make it to my attention usually means something. (not sure what it "means " Smiling )

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 02-02-2016

Better Call Saul season one just became available on Netflix. From past discussions you think this is good right? Wonky wasn't so sure....

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 12:39 AM)Valuesize Wrote:  Better Call Saul season one just became available on Netflix. From past discussions you think this is good right? Wonky wasn't so sure....

It took a while to build the story ARC. It was pretty good at the end.  I think I'll watch the 2nd season. Maybe that helps.