RogueValleyForum.com
Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) (/showthread.php?tid=17400)

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 03-14-2016

(03-14-2016, 09:42 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(03-14-2016, 09:24 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Use the sort by feature on the right also.

Good tip. I'm not sure why it would steer me towards the kind of documentaries I mentioned. I don't watch those except rarely.

To accentuate my selections I over-rate anything I like and under-rate everything else. 

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 03-14-2016

(03-14-2016, 09:48 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-14-2016, 09:42 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(03-14-2016, 09:24 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Use the sort by feature on the right also.

Good tip. I'm not sure why it would steer me towards the kind of documentaries I mentioned. I don't watch those except rarely.

To accentuate my selections I over-rate anything I like and under-rate everything else. 

I shall take your advice wise one! Wink

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 03-14-2016

(03-14-2016, 10:13 PM)Juniper Wrote: I shall take your advice wise one! Wink

Did you get better results with the documentary search?

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 03-15-2016

(03-14-2016, 10:26 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Yes thanks.  I kind of have to wonder why it was narrowed the way it was. I've been on this weird Tudors thing.  I've been reading a lot of Tudor history. There is not much on Netflix regarding the Tudors except the historically inaccurate Showtime: The Tudors.  But I've been watching it just the same. It's kind of helpful to compare the inaccuracies just for fun.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 03-15-2016

(03-15-2016, 08:14 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Yes thanks.  I kind of have to wonder why it was narrowed the way it was. I've been on this weird Tudors thing.  I've been reading a lot of Tudor history. There is not much on Netflix regarding the Tudors except the historically inaccurate Showtime: The Tudors.  But I've been watching it just the same. It's kind of helpful to compare the inaccuracies just for fun.

Do you have separate profiles for each person that uses it? We each have our own and I insist they use them so I'm not inundated with anime and Barbie suggestions. 

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 03-15-2016

(03-15-2016, 08:33 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-15-2016, 08:14 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Do you have separate profiles for each person that uses it? We each have our own and I insist they use them so I'm not inundated with anime and Barbie suggestions. 

Yes, we do.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - cletus1 - 03-20-2016

I saw most of this documentary on HBO yesterday. I am going to watch it all. It is a story of intolerance, control and violence. 

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 04-06-2016

I'm watching The Railway Man. It's one of those movies that switch from present day to the characters past for half the movie. I'm sure there's a name for that style, but cusen I'm not smart an stuff I'll let Wonky or Tia edjacate me.  Big Grin It's good. Watch it on Netflix if'n you havit.  Razz

A former British Army officer, who was tormented as a prisoner of war at a Japanese labor camp during World War II, discovers that the man responsible for much of his treatment is still alive and sets out to confront him.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2058107/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 04-06-2016

(04-06-2016, 10:02 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I'm watching The Railway Man. It's one of those movies that switch from present day to the characters past for half the movie. I'm sure there's a name for that style, but cusen I'm not smart an stuff I'll let Wonky or Tia edjacate me.  Big Grin It's good. Watch it on Netflix if'n you havit.  Razz

A former British Army officer, who was tormented as a prisoner of war at a Japanese labor camp during World War II, discovers that the man responsible for much of his treatment is still alive and sets out to confront him.

This was a great movie. One of my favorite actors (Hiroyuki Sanada) was in this as the present day interpreter. I highly recommend this movie.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 04-07-2016

(04-06-2016, 10:55 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 10:02 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I'm watching The Railway Man. It's one of those movies that switch from present day to the characters past for half the movie. I'm sure there's a name for that style, but cusen I'm not smart an stuff I'll let Wonky or Tia edjacate me.  Big Grin It's good. Watch it on Netflix if'n you havit.  Razz

This was a great movie. One of my favorite actors (Hiroyuki Sanada) was in this as the present day interpreter. I highly recommend this movie.

Sounds interesting. Not sure if this style has a name other than "moves back and forth in time".  Also could be said a non traditional linear story telling line.  ?  Honestly, I'm not sure.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Someones Dad - 04-07-2016

Guilty confession....  I started watching "Cuckoo" on Netflix.  I am so ashamed. Neutral

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 09:44 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: Guilty confession....  I started watching "Cuckoo" on Netflix.  I am so ashamed. Neutral

Is it good? It's rating is only 3 stars...

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - tvguy - 04-07-2016

Have you ever seen "emperor of the north"  Lee Marvin... oldie

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 11:25 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Not that I remember.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - tvguy - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 11:37 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 11:25 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Not that I remember.

It's great movie with Lee Marvin as A number one Hobo train rider who ends up fighting a sadistic train watchman , Ernest Borgnein 

[Image: p1505_p_v8_aa.jpg]

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Someones Dad - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 11:10 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 09:44 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: Guilty confession....  I started watching "Cuckoo" on Netflix.  I am so ashamed. Neutral

Is it good? It's rating is only 3 stars...

British comedy....  with one American actor.  1st season (5 episodes only), that was Adam Sandburg as Cuckoo.  Second season is Cuckoo's son (from losing his virginity at 13 years old) played by Taylor Laughtner.  It's..... different.

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - cletus1 - 04-07-2016

Yep saw it and recommended it here too.  Smiling

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 04-07-2016

Not sure if others would like it, but I just bingewatched the entire 2nd season of Happy Valley in 4 days....

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Valuesize - 04-11-2016

(04-07-2016, 11:55 PM)Juniper Wrote: Not sure if others would like it, but I just bingewatched the entire 2nd season of Happy Valley in 4 days....

I watched half the first episode and deleted it from my list. I do that sometimes if my list has too many better options. 

RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - Juniper - 04-11-2016

(04-11-2016, 06:51 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 11:55 PM)Juniper Wrote: Not sure if others would like it, but I just bingewatched the entire 2nd season of Happy Valley in 4 days....

I watched half the first episode and deleted it from my list. I do that sometimes if my list has too many better options. 

Smiling Yep... I have a penchant for British mystery/cop shows. Go figure. Smiling