RogueValleyForum.com
Josephine County Commissioners passed a new cannabis ordinance at a public meeting th - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Debate (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Local News and Culture (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Josephine County Commissioners passed a new cannabis ordinance at a public meeting th (/showthread.php?tid=18755)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Josephine County Commissioners passed a new cannabis ordinance at a public meeting th - tvguy - 12-06-2017

Basically commercial pot growers in JOCO now have the same rules as Jackson county. By passing a NEW ordinance.

IMO they should have done this BEFORE a lot of people invested a ton of money in a commercial grow on rural residential land.

https://kobi5.com/news/new-cannabis-ordinance-josephine-county-66762/

RE: Josephine County Commissioners passed a new cannabis ordinance at a public meeting th - GPnative - 12-07-2017

(12-06-2017, 11:25 PM)tvguy Wrote: Basically commercial pot growers in JOCO now have the same rules as Jackson county. By passing a NEW ordinance.

IMO they should have done this BEFORE a lot of people invested a ton of money in a commercial grow on rural residential land.

Agreed, the county dropped the ball. I am glad they finally picked it back up and did what Jackson county has done from the onset. It's unfortunate for the folks that have invested, but they are allowed to file a variance. There are some I feel bad for, others not so much. It was still a much needed rule change and heavily favored by county constituents.

Josephine County Commissioners passed a new cannabis ordinance at a public meeting th - capitalist pig - 12-07-2017

County dropped the ball.... But the change was brought on by many of the foolish growers. Poor neighbors and people are tired of it.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

RE: Josephine County Commissioners passed a new cannabis ordinance at a public meeting th - chuck white - 12-07-2017

They should have left well enough alone.
We get a new industry that will provide jobs and they shit on it.

RE: Josephine County Commissioners passed a new cannabis ordinance at a public meeting th - GPnative - 12-07-2017

(12-07-2017, 01:04 PM)chuck white Wrote: They should have left well enough alone.

There is still plenty of land and opportunity for the industry. Don't be one of the grower cry babies.

RE: Josephine County Commissioners passed a new cannabis ordinance at a public meeting th - tvguy - 12-07-2017

(12-07-2017, 01:23 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 01:04 PM)chuck white Wrote: They should have left well enough alone.

There is still plenty of land and opportunity for the industry. Don't be one of the grower cry babies.

Really? There is "plenty" of exclusive farm use land In JOCO that's affordable or even close to being affordable?

Maybe there is but it seems unlikely since I keep hearing about how many out of state people came here and bought land just to grow weed commercially.

RE: Josephine County Commissioners passed a new cannabis ordinance at a public meeting th - tvguy - 12-07-2017

(12-07-2017, 07:46 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 11:25 PM)tvguy Wrote: Basically commercial pot growers in JOCO now have the same rules as Jackson county. By passing a NEW ordinance.

Agreed, the county dropped the ball. I am glad they finally picked it back up and did what Jackson county has done from the onset. It's unfortunate for the folks that have invested, but they are allowed to file a variance. There are some I feel bad for, others not so much. It was still a much needed rule change and heavily favored by county constituents.

and heavily favored by county constituents.

How can you know this is true?

(12-07-2017, 02:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 07:46 AM)GPnative Wrote:

and heavily favored by county constituents.

How can you know this is true?

Because they did a freaking information ballot measure about it and it was favored by some crazy # like 75%

So yes, it is a fact.

(12-07-2017, 02:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 01:23 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Really? There is "plenty" of exclusive farm use land In JOCO that's affordable or even close to being affordable?

Maybe there is but it seems unlikely since I keep hearing about how many out of state people came here and bought land just to grow weed commercially.

Why the hell does it have to be affordable? Who defines affordable? There is some serious deep pockets involved in this industry.
Having affordable property in order to become a grower is not a right. The two are not synonymous.
And you can still grow up to 12 plants on RR, may not be commercially viable for investors, but for the small mom and pop's on a budget, I don't see an issue. If some grower with deep pockets moves here and drops some serious dough on exclusive farm use land, good, more power to them, what's the problem?

If someone came to JoCo to cheaply grow marijuana commercially on RR, Those days are over, as they should be.

RE: Josephine County Commissioners passed a new cannabis ordinance at a public meeting th - chuck white - 12-07-2017

Since it is a tree, and I'm on a timber lot, i should be OK.

RE: Josephine County Commissioners passed a new cannabis ordinance at a public meeting th - capitalist pig - 12-07-2017

Hmmm seems to me you spent a whole lot of time shitting on that rock quarry in your neighborhood... What? No concerns about jobs?
( for chucky boy and his early post)

RE: Josephine County Commissioners passed a new cannabis ordinance at a public meeting th - Cuzz - 12-07-2017

Not sure where you're going with that. It doesn't seem to fit in the subject at hand.

*never mind. I noticed you were answering on delayed time zone.* 

Big Grin

RE: Josephine County Commissioners passed a new cannabis ordinance at a public meeting th - capitalist pig - 12-07-2017

Post 4. By chuck When I hit the reply using my phone sometimes it links, sometimes not... Chuck brought the jobs up. When he finds something he doesn't like he dumps all over regardless of jobs. Someone else does the same as chucky he dumps on them.... can you say hypocrite?

(12-07-2017, 07:32 PM)capitalist pig Wrote: Post 4. By chuck  When I hit the reply using my phone sometimes it links, sometimes not... Chuck brought the jobs up. When he finds something he doesn't like he dumps all over regardless of jobs. Someone else does the same as chucky he dumps on them....  can you say hypocrite?

The Quarry opposition was not about jobs, it was about safety and pollution. Nobody wants a gravel truck every 5 minutes all year round. Pot is a low traffic industry, with seasonal workers. They don't require large land tracks like conventional farm products. Try and make a living on 1 Acre of corn or cabbage. One Acre of pot can produce a decent living wage.
So to limit it to farm lands that are typically large acre parcels is an attack on the small producer  The Mom and Pop farmers, living off the land. The people you so much despise, yet you'll take their money.

(12-07-2017, 08:13 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 07:32 PM)capitalist pig Wrote: Post 4. By chuck  When I hit the reply using my phone sometimes it links, sometimes not... Chuck brought the jobs up. When he finds something he doesn't like he dumps all over regardless of jobs. Someone else does the same as chucky he dumps on them....  can you say hypocrite?

The Quarry opposition was not about jobs, it was about safety and pollution. Nobody wants a gravel truck every 5 minutes all year round. Pot is a low traffic industry, with seasonal workers. They don't require large land tracks like conventional farm products. Try and make a living on 1 Acre of corn or cabbage. One Acre of pot can produce a decent living wage.
So to limit it to farm lands that are typically large acre parcels is an attack on the small producer  The Mom and Pop farmers, living off the land. The people you so much despise, yet you'll take their money.
So.... None of the negatives about rock apply to pot? Lets review, in chucks world rock a building block in any modern society that benefits all is bad! Pot, the vast majority grown for one reason to get high and benefits only some is good? Complain about rock in chucks world you are good, complain about pot you are bad... Can you say hypocrite chucky???

I don't despise the growers chucky. Only the pig growers chucky... Understand? Kinda like you don't like the dust, noise etc of rock.. You can despise something and others can't? Can you say hypocrite chucky?

RE: Josephine County Commissioners passed a new cannabis ordinance at a public meeting th - Cuzz - 12-07-2017

Yeah, I've noticed someone else does that too.

(12-07-2017, 10:35 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I have never been against the pot thing only the pot pigs. Show me where I have ever said different? What came about is directly related to many pot growers being pigs and people growing tired of it. There was a advisory vote and the results reflect what most are thinking. Many growers livng like pigs with no regards to neighbors hence the vote of the commissioners reflecting the will of the people. You need to wiseup and get over it. What happened was entirely foreseeable brought on by the growers.

(12-07-2017, 10:46 PM)capitalist pig Wrote:

I have never been against the pot thing only the pot pigs. Show me where I have ever said different? What came about is directly related to many pot growers being pigs and people growing tired of it. There was a advisory vote and the results reflect what most are thinking. Many growers livng like pigs with no regards to neighbors hence the vote of the commissioners reflecting the will of the people. You need to wiseup and get over it. What happened was entirely foreseeable brought on by the growers.

Oh, I'm sorry. You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I care. I really don't.

RE: Josephine County Commissioners passed a new cannabis ordinance at a public meeting th - capitalist pig - 12-08-2017

(12-07-2017, 10:51 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Oh, I'm sorry. You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I care. I really don't.
And yet you took the time to read and reply.......

RE: Josephine County Commissioners passed a new cannabis ordinance at a public meeting th - Cuzz - 12-08-2017

(12-08-2017, 07:59 AM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 10:51 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

And yet you took the time to read and reply.......

Big Grin

OK, lets go with that. Why would or should I care? Explain it to me.