RogueValleyForum.com
Here comes summer - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Here comes summer (/showthread.php?tid=19132)

Pages: 1 2

Here comes summer - GCG - 05-04-2019

Right now is my favorite time of the year... at least for this area. But summer is coming! And too soon for me. The forecast is for 80s all week and low 90s next weekend. Fck that! But recent summers have brought worse than just heat.... yeah... smoke. Is 'smokey' the new norm for us every summer?

RE: Here comes summer - Scrapper - 05-04-2019

I don't mind the heat too much... as long as there's a/c to cool off every now and then. But the smoke is horrible.  I don't like not being able to breathe.

I'm planning a trip to GP on Tuesday. I hope the weather holds out. I hate making the drive in the rain.

RE: Here comes summer - Juniper - 05-04-2019

I've never been a fan of heat. (besides which, the AC on the old buick has become depleted and that's that, no more air) And I think people are very, very jumpy about how summer will turn out.

RE: Here comes summer - Cuzz - 05-04-2019

But summer is coming!

where, where??

Big Grin

RE: Here comes summer - Juniper - 05-05-2019

It's already smokey. The haze is filling the air and the air smells like smoke, and I'm coughing and wheezing in a way I wasn't last week.

RE: Here comes summer - GCG - 05-05-2019

(05-05-2019, 08:18 AM)Juniper Wrote: It's already smokey. The haze is filling the air and the air smells like smoke, and I'm coughing and wheezing in a way I wasn't last week.

Hmmm. I wonder where it's coming from. According to the news there is small fire near the Medco ponds right now.

(05-05-2019, 08:54 AM)GCG Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 08:18 AM)Juniper Wrote: It's already smokey. The haze is filling the air and the air smells like smoke, and I'm coughing and wheezing in a way I wasn't last week.

Hmmm. I wonder where it's coming from. According to the news there is small fire near the Medco ponds right now.

I've heard that. Sounds about right. I've got my window open and the smell of smoke is coming in. There's the Chiloquin fire too, which I don't know the status on that one.

Here comes summer - Scrapper - 05-05-2019

More spring & summer time rants...

People that leave their dogs outside all day... barking incessantly.

People that lay in the sun all day long playing music so loud that the neighbors can't open their windows or doors if they want to be able to hear their television.

Boo-Hiss rude peeps!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RE: Here comes summer - tvguy - 05-05-2019

(05-04-2019, 05:38 PM)GCG Wrote: Right now is my favorite time of the year... at least for this area. But summer is coming! And too soon for me. The forecast is for 80s all week and low 90s next weekend. Fck that! But recent summers have brought worse than just heat.... yeah... smoke. Is 'smokey' the new norm for us every summer?

Yes my favorite time of year too. Everything is green. Lots of things are blooming. No heat needed or AC.

My buckeye tree is covered withes these huge flowering buds that smell great.

[Image: bees-b.jpg]

[Image: bumble-ba.jpg]

[Image: bees-ll.jpg]

I think that's it. I could see smoke yesterday looking towards Mt. Macgloflin.

(05-05-2019, 12:15 PM)sScrapper Wrote: More spring & summer time rants...

People that lay in the sun all day long playing music so loud that the neighbors can't open their windows or doors if they want to be able to hear their television.

Boo-Hiss rude peeps!

In Jackson county people can be fined for barking dogs. Any other noise is just fine. I had neighbors who would get drunk and ride quads at midnight and there was nothing I could do about it.
I called animal control on the same rental with barking dogs after pleading with them to shut them up. AC came out. Their dogs were not licensed or had their shots so they gave the dogs to AC. Fing lowlifes

(05-05-2019, 01:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I think that's it. I could see smoke yesterday looking towards Mt. Macgloflin.
I think I could see smoke that way before the ponds, from the Chiloquin fire.

RE: Here comes summer - GPnative - 05-05-2019

(05-05-2019, 12:15 PM)Scrapper Wrote: More spring & summer time rants...

Boo-Hiss rude peeps!

Oh boy could i write a barking dogs and their asshole owners rant.

(05-05-2019, 05:55 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Boo-Hiss rude peeps!

I'm so blessed that my new dog never makes a noise. I think I've heard him bark once, because he was startled.

(05-05-2019, 06:49 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 05:55 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Boo-Hiss rude peeps!

I'm so blessed that my new dog never makes a noise. I think I've heard him bark once, because he was startled.

Well unless you you have idiot foo foo dogs they can mostly all be trained. But most of the dogs that bark all the time are left our alone.

RE: Here comes summer - Juniper - 05-28-2019

I think after this week the heat will set in and stay....though I love June because it's often misty and cool. I really am not a hot weather person and the summers here sizzle.

RE: Here comes summer - tvguy - 05-29-2019

The AC in the wife's Honda was blowing warm air so I spent 40 bucks on a recharge kit and it didn't work Sad Sad

I did the same for my Subaru last year and it worked great.

RE: Here comes summer - GPnative - 05-29-2019

(05-29-2019, 01:11 PM)tvguy Wrote: The AC in the wife's Honda was blowing warm air so I spent 40 bucks on a recharge kit and it didn't work Sad Sad

Sounds like a terminal size leak or mechanical issue, i.e. compressor, evap, etc. Either way, get ready to spend some $$. Unless you get lucky like I did last year, thanks to an obscure posting on an old forum when researching my issue, Discovered there was a little AC relay on my car prone to failure, found the $5 part at Autozone, swapped it out and I was good to go.

RE: Here comes summer - tvguy - 05-29-2019

(05-29-2019, 01:34 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 01:11 PM)tvguy Wrote: The AC in the wife's Honda was blowing warm air so I spent 40 bucks on a recharge kit and it didn't work Sad Sad

Sounds like a terminal size leak or mechanical issue, i.e. compressor, evap, etc. Either way, get ready to spend some $$. Unless you get lucky like I did last year, thanks to an obscure posting on an old forum when researching my issue, Discovered there was a little AC relay on my car prone to failure, found the $5 part at Autozone, swapped it out and I was good to go.
 Yeah I will take it to my guy in CP ...Automotion. I think they are honest.

I took my van there last year and had the AC and a window fixed, It was 400 bucks total Confused  And now the AC works, blows cold air like it should. But for some reason it keeps changing from floor to defrost over and over , damn it.

RE: Here comes summer - Juniper - 05-29-2019

(05-29-2019, 02:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 01:34 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Yeah I will take it to my guy in CP ...Automotion. I think they are honest.

I took my van there last year and had the AC and a window fixed, It was 400 bucks total Confused  And now the AC works, blows cold air like it should. But for some reason it keeps changing from floor to defrost over and over , damn it.
Yeah, I think my car is too old for a recharge without an exorbitant amount of money. At first the mechanic quoted me a very cheap price then, walked that back to the old expensive stuff.