RogueValleyForum.com
Is this a record? - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Debate (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Is this a record? (/showthread.php?tid=19157)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Is this a record? - GCG - 07-24-2019

Server issues aside... is the the longest RVF has gone without a post?

RE: Is this a record? - Cuzz - 07-24-2019

(07-24-2019, 04:05 PM)GCG Wrote: Server issues aside... is the the longest RVF has gone without a post?

What do you mean? SFL posts several time every day.

RE: Is this a record? - chuck white - 07-24-2019

(07-24-2019, 04:40 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(07-24-2019, 04:05 PM)GCG Wrote: Server issues aside... is the the longest RVF has gone without a post?

Can you count a Russian BOT?

RE: Is this a record? - GCG - 07-24-2019

Hmmm... I don;t see anything new from him or anyone else... nothing for 3 days.

(07-24-2019, 05:37 PM)GCG Wrote:

Hmmm... I don;t see anything new from him or anyone else... nothing for 3 days.

WHAT??? No SFL fake posts? I couldn't imagine!

Laughing

RE: Is this a record? - tvguy - 07-24-2019

But yes I think this forum is as close to death as it's ever been.

RE: Is this a record? - GPnative - 07-24-2019

I have been checking in. Just a hectic, busy time of year with vacations, chores, and summer festivities and with no smoke keeping us cooped up indoors, have not been posting.

Yeah, it seems to slow down every summer. Maybe sometimes more then others but usually slow... except for the SFL thread.

RE: Is this a record? - chuck white - 07-25-2019

(07-24-2019, 08:13 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Yeah, it seems to slow down every summer. Maybe sometimes more then others but usually slow... except for the SFL thread.

Well, The Russians do have an agenda to keep up with.
I wonder if SFL gets paid in rubles?

RE: Is this a record? - bbqboy - 07-25-2019

Or loose women spies.

RE: Is this a record? - GPnative - 07-25-2019

(07-24-2019, 07:36 PM)GPnative Wrote: I have been checking in. Just a hectic, busy time of year with vacations, chores, and summer festivities and with no smoke keeping us cooped up indoors, have not been posting.

And i spoke too soon, the smoke is rolling into GP.  Mad

RE: Is this a record? - chuck white - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 06:25 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(07-24-2019, 07:36 PM)GPnative Wrote: I have been checking in. Just a hectic, busy time of year with vacations, chores, and summer festivities and with no smoke keeping us cooped up indoors, have not been posting.

And i spoke too soon, the smoke is rolling into GP.  Mad

That just us in SV smoking a fattie.

RE: Is this a record? - GPnative - 07-26-2019

It is a sad state of affairs when a roadside fire cannot be extinguished in a quick/efficient manner. It's already lined on one side FFS. Every time I hear this "steep/rugged terrain" excuse nonsense it makes my blood boil, it's Oregon, what isn't steep and rugged?! Are they only trained to fight fires on Nebraska flat land?! Fighting fires from behind a desk is the new modus operandi to the detriment of the public health. If Kate Brown's house was located in the active fire zone, how fast do you think that sunuvabitch would of been extinguished?

I read they believe it may have started from an illegal debris burn, so to the dickhead that started it, I hope you get hit by a bus.

RE: Is this a record? - Someones Dad - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 07:15 AM)GPnative Wrote: It is a sad state of affairs when a roadside fire cannot be extinguished in a quick/efficient manner. It's already lined on one side FFS. Every time I hear this "steep/rugged terrain" excuse nonsense it makes my blood boil, it's Oregon, what isn't steep and rugged?! Are they only trained to fight fires on Nebraska flat land?! Fighting fires from behind a desk is the new modus operandi to the detriment of the public health. If Kate Brown's house was located in the active fire zone, how fast do you think that sunuvabitch would of been extinguished?

I read they believe it may have started from an illegal debris burn, so to the dickhead that started it, I hope you get hit by a bus.

Transient fire, not debris burn, and long gone by now.

(07-26-2019, 08:17 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 07:15 AM)GPnative Wrote: It is a sad state of affairs when a roadside fire cannot be extinguished in a quick/efficient manner. It's already lined on one side FFS. Every time I hear this "steep/rugged terrain" excuse nonsense it makes my blood boil, it's Oregon, what isn't steep and rugged?! Are they only trained to fight fires on Nebraska flat land?! Fighting fires from behind a desk is the new modus operandi to the detriment of the public health. If Kate Brown's house was located in the active fire zone, how fast do you think that sunuvabitch would of been extinguished?

Well I still hope they get hit by a bus, or their pit bull turns on them.

RE: Is this a record? - Cuzz - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 08:34 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Wouldn't transient fires technically be a subset of debris burning?   Eyebrows

RE: Is this a record? - Someones Dad - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 10:07 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 08:34 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Wouldn't transient fires technically be a subset of debris burning?   Eyebrows

Known transient encampment area.  Lots of hypodermics, etc in the area. Probably cooking fire.  The idea of "debris fire" leads one to think of an idiot homeowner burning in July.

RE: Is this a record? - tvguy - 07-26-2019

Wow you are one of those eh? I couldn't believe how many had that same opinion on FB. All the people who don't have a clue blaming USFS and or Kate brown.
Some claiming the fire fighters themselves were lazy..
Is it REALLY that hard to conceive of the possibility that everyone involved did the best they could do?  Especially when you have zero evidence to start the blame game?

(07-26-2019, 02:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Wow you are one of those eh? I couldn't believe how many had that same opinion on FB. All the people who don't have a clue blaming USFS and or Kate brown.
Is it REALLY that hard to conceive of the possibility that everyone involved did the best they could do?  Especially when you have zero evidence to start the blame game?

Nope, I have evidence, every news outlet had someone on scene, footage of fire burning on the hillside next to the road, not a firefighter to be seen, why, because they were either busy digging a line and back burning from 5 miles away or awaiting orders from the safety sally desk crews. Engaging with hoses attached to tenders on the roadside before it blew up to the shit show we have now would of made short work of it. The current lack of ability and desire from "leadership" to fight fires is disgusting.

RE: Is this a record? - tvguy - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 02:07 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 02:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Nope, I have evidence, every news outlet had someone on scene, footage of fire burning on the hillside next to the road, not a firefighter to be seen, why, because they were either busy digging a line and back burning from 5 miles away or awaiting orders from the safety sally desk crews. Engaging with hoses attached to tenders on the roadside before it blew up to the shit show we have now would of made short work of it. The current lack of ability and desire from "leadership" to fight fires is disgusting.
How far would they have had to drag the hoses from the tenders on the road?