RogueValleyForum.com
Corona virus - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Debate (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Corona virus (/showthread.php?tid=19209)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

RE: Corona virus - bbqboy - 03-03-2020

By the way, which one is pink?

RE: Corona virus - Someones Dad - 03-03-2020

https://regiehammblog.wordpress.com/2020/02/27/birth-of-a-virus/

I really urge you all to read the whole blog.  It really explains how a virus could expand much worse in China than would likely happen here.  This is just part of it.

Quote:We visited a Hutong (inner city – where the locals live) and saw raw chickens, skinned and bleeding, just laying on the floor, waiting to be thrown on a restaurant grill…for public consumption. No FDA or USDA or food inspectors or “codes” to comply with, here. But why? This is the last purely communist country on earth. You’d think there would be red tape everywhere. What was happening here?

Then, my wife and I had to rush our newly adopted, 8-month-old daughter to the public hospital…and suddenly it all started making sense.

As we stepped in more urine, took our number from the print-out machine, walked past the line of children whining and crying from the scalp IVs in their heads, then rushed to clean up blood and mucus (left by the last patient) on the plastic table they were now laying our baby on, then waited on the ONE overworked doctor (attending to no less than three hundred people) try to round up a basic anti-biotic to administer to my daughter (right there on site – no refills) it dawned on me what I was seeing and what I had been seeing this whole time. I wasn’t watching a “backward” culture or a third-world society. These people weren’t genetically inferior to first-worlders. They weren’t “less-evolved” than I was.

I was witnessing the kind of maximum, almost brutal efficiency a society must develop when the state is the master and the individual is merely a subject. Why would a Communist country not have an effective FDA? Because who are you going to complain to if you get tainted food? The government? They don’t answer to you. The press? They are owned by the government. And again, they don’t answer to you.

(03-02-2020, 04:06 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 10:12 AM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: 03527514f0f500d2978895f75ecfdab3.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Are there any MAGA rally locally ?
I would be willing to drive a few hours.

To wish illness and potential death on others makes you sicker than the corona virus.

RE: Corona virus - Scrapper - 03-03-2020

(03-03-2020, 04:48 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 10:12 AM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: 03527514f0f500d2978895f75ecfdab3.jpg]

To wish illness and potential death on others makes you sicker than the corona virus.

Oh... ouch.  Rolling Eyes

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=14088989]

[Image: 89170860_10223299546023309_1258323768737...e=5E963F63]

RE: Corona virus - Cuzz - 03-03-2020

(03-03-2020, 02:50 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: https://regiehammblog.wordpress.com/2020/02/27/birth-of-a-virus/

I really urge you all to read the whole blog.  It really explains how a virus could expand much worse in China than would likely happen here.  This is just part of it.

Quote:We visited a Hutong (inner city – where the locals live) and saw raw chickens, skinned and bleeding, just laying on the floor, waiting to be thrown on a restaurant grill…for public consumption. No FDA or USDA or food inspectors or “codes” to comply with, here. But why? This is the last purely communist country on earth. You’d think there would be red tape everywhere. What was happening here?

Then, my wife and I had to rush our newly adopted, 8-month-old daughter to the public hospital…and suddenly it all started making sense.

As we stepped in more urine, took our number from the print-out machine, walked past the line of children whining and crying from the scalp IVs in their heads, then rushed to clean up blood and mucus (left by the last patient) on the plastic table they were now laying our baby on, then waited on the ONE overworked doctor (attending to no less than three hundred people) try to round up a basic anti-biotic to administer to my daughter (right there on site – no refills) it dawned on me what I was seeing and what I had been seeing this whole time. I wasn’t watching a “backward” culture or a third-world society. These people weren’t genetically inferior to first-worlders. They weren’t “less-evolved” than I was.

I was witnessing the kind of maximum, almost brutal efficiency a society must develop when the state is the master and the individual is merely a subject. Why would a Communist country not have an effective FDA? Because who are you going to complain to if you get tainted food? The government? They don’t answer to you. The press? They are owned by the government. And again, they don’t answer to you.

I thought you didn't like regulations, too anti-free market and all.

(03-03-2020, 04:56 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Well, I was talking to Chuck, but thank you for your time.  I know yours was the original post, but you didn't write it.  It was a tweet from a state congresswoman that you declined to give credit to, and were hoping others here would think was your wit.

(03-03-2020, 05:25 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 02:50 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: https://regiehammblog.wordpress.com/2020/02/27/birth-of-a-virus/

If that is what you gained from reading the blog....  Well, you didn't.

(03-03-2020, 05:29 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

It was sort of a question, though I realize there wasn't a question mark to make if obvious for you.

(03-03-2020, 05:28 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

Well, I was talking to Chuck, but thank you for your time.  I know yours was the original post, but you didn't write it.  It was a tweet from a state congresswoman that you declined to give credit to, and were hoping others here would think was your wit.
It was a meme, dumbass! Funny, I've never seen you dawg anyone else for not crediting where the memes they post originated.
Things that make you go, "Hmmm...."
Or not.

(03-03-2020, 05:53 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 05:28 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 04:06 PM)chuck white Wrote: Are there any MAGA rally locally ?

It was a meme, dumbass! Funny, I've never seen you dawg anyone else for not crediting where the memes they post originated.
Things that make you go, "Hmmm...."
Or not.

Yet you still wish death upon your supposed "enemies", and think you are superior for that position. Sickness comes in many forms.

(03-03-2020, 05:43 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

It was sort of a question, though I realize there wasn't a question mark to make if obvious for you.
That is a diversion from the obvious.  You read the two paragraphs I posted, but did not read the blog, and thought yourself clever with your response.  Have you read it all yet?  I would like to hear an intelligent response at some point.

RE: Corona virus - chuck white - 03-03-2020

Chill out, it's just a hoax,
Do I call you sick for denying climate change, which will bring death and illness to far more people.

(03-03-2020, 07:25 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

That is a diversion from the obvious.  You read the two paragraphs I posted, but did not read the blog, and thought yourself clever with your response.  Have you read it all yet?  I would like to hear an intelligent response at some point.

I'm puzzled, why would the FDA be in China food market?
And far as the description of blood on the floor. Go visit an American slaughter house. Where they process the food we eat.

Quote:Vice President Mike Pence on Tuesday evening said that "any American can be tested" for the novel coronavirus, as the Trump administration struggled to clear up confusion and mixed signals over testing amid concerns that tests were not being made available soon enough.

Pence said in an off-camera briefing at the White House that there was new guidance from the Centers for Disease Control that any American could be tested -- "no restrictions, subject to doctors' orders." The announcement follows numerous complaints of citizens asking to be tested and turned away due to the strict CDC testing criteria. Pence said the new guidance will make clear "that any clinician or health authority can administer the test."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/03/politics/pence-coronavirus-any-american-tested/index.html

Yep. I responded to what you posted. I don't click on random and sundry links.

RE: Corona virus - chuck white - 03-04-2020

(03-03-2020, 11:23 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 05:25 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I thought you didn't like regulations, too anti-free market and all.

Yep. I responded to what you posted. I don't click on random and sundry links.
I read through the blog, After trashing China, it goes off on socialized medicine and how we want a free market health care.
The problem is we don't have a free market health care now. it is dominated by the AMA. The AMA dictates who can be a health care provider and what treatments they can give. If you want true free market health care then you need other organization that can certify doctors. 

Same with the BAR association and lawyers, could luck changing the law there.

Quote:That brings the total number of deaths in the state and across the U.S. to nine. The total number of confirmed cases in Washington state is now 27, up from 18 on Monday. The state Department of Health said 231 people are being monitored by public health officials.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/03/us-coronavirus-deaths-climb-to-9-as-washington-state-confirms-new-fatalities.html

I think we'll start seeing death in California next.

RE: Corona virus - GPnative - 03-04-2020

(03-03-2020, 11:19 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Vice President Mike Pence on Tuesday evening said that "any American can be tested" for the novel coronavirus, as the Trump administration struggled to clear up confusion and mixed signals over testing amid concerns that tests were not being made available soon enough.

Pence said in an off-camera briefing at the White House that there was new guidance from the Centers for Disease Control that any American could be tested -- "no restrictions, subject to doctors' orders." The announcement follows numerous complaints of citizens asking to be tested and turned away due to the strict CDC testing criteria. Pence said the new guidance will make clear "that any clinician or health authority can administer the test."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/03/politics/pence-coronavirus-any-american-tested/index.html
I will be curious the cost, ive not seen it verified anywhere that its free, it should be.

(03-04-2020, 07:07 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 11:19 PM)chuck white Wrote:

I will be curious the cost, ive not seen it verified anywhere that its free, it should be.

Socialist   Laughing

I agree, it is to the benefit of the CDC to know what you have.