RogueValleyForum.com
Corona virus - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Debate (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Corona virus (/showthread.php?tid=19209)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

RE: Corona virus - chuck white - 03-27-2020

Quote:Remember the Louisiana pastor who defied the governor's order not to hold gatherings larger than 50 people?
He held services again on Sunday, and he plans to do so yet again on Tuesday night.
On Sunday, Pastor Tony Spell said, his Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge drew about 1,000 people to its services, in part by busing people in from across five parishes.
On Tuesday evening, the pastor plans to hold services again, despite the governor's stay-at-home orders, a petition seeking his arrest and a flood of criticism from fellow Christians.
"If they close every door in this city, then I will close my doors," Spell told CNN on Tuesday. "But you can't say the retailers are essential but the church is not. That is a persecution of the faith."
Spell has told CNN he believes the pandemic is "politically motivated."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/us/louisiana-pastor-spell-coronavirus/?hpt=ob_blogfooterold

Yes, the virus is targeting Republicans.
I'm heading down to the Republican headquarters, and support them on that theory.

(sarcasm, for those few here who think we're out to get them)

RE: Corona virus - GPnative - 03-27-2020

5th case in joco announced. Pisses me off the dont release pertinent details. The protection of info is a ruse. During the measles outbreak, they release ages, locations of potential spread, etc. The fact they choose not to release info during a pandemic solidifies we havnt seen nothing yet, you do not beat spread with out info, data and testing. The officials do not have your best interest in mind, if they did we would get accurate and detailed truth. Thats what we deserve.

(03-27-2020, 10:57 AM)GPnative Wrote: 5th case in joco announced. Pisses me off the dont release pertinent details. The protection of info is a ruse. During the measles outbreak, they release ages, locations of potential spread, etc. The fact they choose not to release info during a pandemic solidifies we havnt seen nothing yet, you do not beat spread with out info, data and testing. The officials do not have your best interest in mind, if they did we would get accurate and detailed truth. Thats what we deserve.

I'm with you, we should all meet in front of the court house and demand testing. If we can get a crowd of 5 or more people, they start to take notice.

RE: Corona virus - Someones Dad - 03-27-2020

(03-26-2020, 03:01 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 01:58 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 11:14 AM)chuck white Wrote: So this morning I had a slightly sore throat Might have been from smoking to much weed last night.

I head off to work and I felt hot and my forehead was sweaty, May have been the heater in the car, cup of hot coffee before I left, who knows.

Put of my face mask, sanitized my hands, went in, took care of a few things and said I'm going home.
I made a quick stop a a few stores to get a thermometer. I was hopeful. But Walmart, $ store, Winco and Big lots are out.
I had some hope, because it's not an item anybody would need more then one of.  I've looked for the one I had, but it's been over a year since I used it. I didn't find it in my first aid kit.
I may have to get my voltmeter and a thermistor from my electronic stuff.

Fortunately, I scored some chicken noodle soup last week. So life is good.

Side Note:
At Walmart,in the pharmacy section, while looking for a thermometer, I heard a cough, I looked up to see the cashier person in the pharmacy cough into her hand. 

I know it's a habit we all got to break.

Some friendly free advice, stop going to stores until you absolutely have to.
I have a good set up, sanitizer when I get back to car. hand soap on hands before I go in. Kleenex in pocket in case my face itches. touch only what I need,  keep away from anyone and everyone, self checkout when possible, Josephine county is still a low risk area.
If all else fails, I have a stash of fish tank cleaner.
I am determined, to be the last man standing.
I think you need to understand, his advice wasn't about you, it was about all the other people you are near with your admitted symptoms.

(03-27-2020, 11:16 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 03:01 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 01:58 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 11:14 AM)chuck white Wrote: So this morning I had a slightly sore throat Might have been from smoking to much weed last night.

I head off to work and I felt hot and my forehead was sweaty, May have been the heater in the car, cup of hot coffee before I left, who knows.

Put of my face mask, sanitized my hands, went in, took care of a few things and said I'm going home.
I made a quick stop a a few stores to get a thermometer. I was hopeful. But Walmart, $ store, Winco and Big lots are out.
I had some hope, because it's not an item anybody would need more then one of.  I've looked for the one I had, but it's been over a year since I used it. I didn't find it in my first aid kit.
I may have to get my voltmeter and a thermistor from my electronic stuff.

Fortunately, I scored some chicken noodle soup last week. So life is good.

Side Note:
At Walmart,in the pharmacy section, while looking for a thermometer, I heard a cough, I looked up to see the cashier person in the pharmacy cough into her hand. 

I know it's a habit we all got to break.

Some friendly free advice, stop going to stores until you absolutely have to.
I have a good set up, sanitizer when I get back to car. hand soap on hands before I go in. Kleenex in pocket in case my face itches. touch only what I need,  keep away from anyone and everyone, self checkout when possible, Josephine county is still a low risk area.
If all else fails, I have a stash of fish tank cleaner.
I am determined, to be the last man standing.
I think you need to understand, his advice wasn't about you, it was about all the other people you are near with your admitted symptoms.

They can get their own fish tank cleaner...

Quote:The Government has announced that Britons will be able to conduct coronavirus antibody tests at home within a matter of days with finger-prick kits that will be available from Amazon and Boots.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/27/coronavirus-covid-19-home-test-kits/

I wish we could do that here. I'd feel safer about going out, if I had positive for antibodies.
Don't worry about getting infected, if your already infected.

Quote:Medical professionals around the US told BuzzFeed News that the official numbers of people who have died of COVID-19 are not consistent with the number of deaths they’re seeing on the front lines.

In some cases, it’s a lag in reporting, caused by delays and possible breakdowns in logging positive tests and making them public. In other, more troubling, cases, medical experts told BuzzFeed News they think it’s because people are not being tested before or after they die.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/nidhiprakash/coronavirus-update-dead-covid19-doctors-hospitals

To all my Chinese friends, 'Don't trust the numbers coming from the US'

My guess is 400 death in Oregon by end of April.

RE: Corona virus - tvguy - 03-27-2020

(03-25-2020, 08:15 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 07:51 PM)tvguy Wrote: Our officials are using the smart phones of people who have been infected to track their past movements. That's what South Korea did.
Pretty cool.

If they track mine they'll think I sit on my counter all day and all night, every day and night.   Laughing
Why?

(03-27-2020, 10:46 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Remember the Louisiana pastor who defied the governor's order not to hold gatherings larger than 50 people?
He held services again on Sunday, and he plans to do so yet again on Tuesday night.
On Sunday, Pastor Tony Spell said, his Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge drew about 1,000 people to its services, in part by busing people in from across five parishes.
On Tuesday evening, the pastor plans to hold services again, despite the governor's stay-at-home orders, a petition seeking his arrest and a flood of criticism from fellow Christians.
"If they close every door in this city, then I will close my doors," Spell told CNN on Tuesday. "But you can't say the retailers are essential but the church is not. That is a persecution of the faith."
Spell has told CNN he believes the pandemic is "politically motivated."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/us/louisiana-pastor-spell-coronavirus/?hpt=ob_blogfooterold

Yes, the virus is targeting Republicans.
I'm heading down to the Republican headquarters, and support them on that theory.

(sarcasm, for those few here who think we're out to get them)

The Lo ward  Gawed will protect them.

(03-27-2020, 10:57 AM)GPnative Wrote: 5th case in joco announced. Pisses me off the dont release pertinent details. The protection of info is a ruse. During the measles outbreak, they release ages, locations of potential spread, etc. The fact they choose not to release info during a pandemic solidifies we havnt seen nothing yet, you do not beat spread with out info, data and testing. The officials do not have your best interest in mind, if they did we would get accurate and detailed truth. Thats what we deserve.
On the other hand they are using cell phone GPS they are supposedly tracing anyone who has covid and contacting anyone who had contact with them.

RE: Corona virus - GPnative - 03-27-2020

(03-27-2020, 01:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:
On the other hand they are using cell phone GPS they are supposedly tracing anyone who has covid and contacting anyone who had contact with them.

Yea, but BFD, they are not erring on the side of caution with contact and my GPS is turned off, proving the system is flawed.

RE: Corona virus - Cuzz - 03-27-2020

(03-27-2020, 01:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 07:51 PM)tvguy Wrote: Our officials are using the smart phones of people who have been infected to track their past movements. That's what South Korea did.
Pretty cool.

If they track mine they'll think I sit on my counter all day and all night, every day and night.   Laughing
Why?

Because that's were my phone sits 98% of the time. I rarely take it with me when I go somewhere.

New York City has issued guideline for sex during the Covid pandemic

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/imm/covid-sex-guidance.pdf

Quote:1. Know how COVID-19 spreads.
• You can get COVID-19 from a person who has it.
o The virus can spread to people who are within about 6 feet of a person with COVID-19 when that person coughs or sneezes.
o The virus can spread through direct contact with their saliva or mucus.
• We still have a lot to learn about COVID-19 and sex.
o COVID-19 has been found in feces of people who are infected with the virus.
o COVID-19 has not yet been found in semen or vaginal fluid.
o We know that other coronaviruses do not efficiently transmit through sex.
2. Have sex with people close to you.
• You are your safest sex partner. Masturbation will not spread COVID-19, especially if you wash your hands (and any sex toys) with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after sex.
• The next safest partner is someone you live with. Having close contact — including sex — with only a small circle of people helps prevent spreading COVID-19. Have sex only with consenting partners.
• You should avoid close contact — including sex — with anyone outside your household. If you do have sex with others, have as few partners as possible.
• If you usually meet your sex partners online or make a living by having sex, consider taking a break from in-person dates. Video dates, sexting or chat rooms may be options for you.
3. Take care during sex.
• Kissing can easily pass COVID-19. Avoid kissing anyone who is not part of your small circle of close contacts.
• Rimming (mouth on anus) might spread COVID-19. Virus in feces may enter your mouth.
• Condoms and dental dams can reduce contact with saliva or feces, especially during oral or anal sex.
• Washing up before and after sex is more important than ever.
o Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
o Wash sex toys with soap and warm water.
o Disinfect keyboards and touch screens that you share with others (for video

Rimming ?  ... Learn something new everyday.
Call me old fashion, butt I'll pass on that.

(03-27-2020, 02:13 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 01:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yea, but BFD, they are not erring on the side of caution with contact and my GPS is turned off, proving the system is flawed.
Mine is always on. I don't give a shit if anyone knows where I go.

(03-27-2020, 02:14 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
Pretty cool.

Why?

Because that's were my phone sits 98% of the time. I rarely take it with me when I go somewhere.
That's very strange dude LOL. If I forget mine I turn around and go back to get it.

(03-27-2020, 02:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Pretty cool.

Why?

That's very strange dude LOL. If I forget mine I turn around and go back to get it.
I only power up my phone to make a call, then turn it back off.

I don't like to be constantly radiated by the phone.

(03-27-2020, 02:31 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 02:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 08:15 PM)Cuzz Wrote: If they track mine they'll think I sit on my counter all day and all night, every day and night.   Laughing
Why?

I only power up my phone to make a call, then turn it back off.

I don't like to be constantly radiated by the phone.
Rolling Eyes

RE: Corona virus - GCG - 03-27-2020

(03-27-2020, 02:23 PM)chuck white Wrote: New York City has issued guideline for sex during the Covid pandemic

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/imm/covid-sex-guidance.pdf

Quote:1. Know how COVID-19 spreads.
• You can get COVID-19 from a person who has it.
o The virus can spread to people who are within about 6 feet of a person with COVID-19 when that person coughs or sneezes.
o The virus can spread through direct contact with their saliva or mucus.
• We still have a lot to learn about COVID-19 and sex.
o COVID-19 has been found in feces of people who are infected with the virus.
o COVID-19 has not yet been found in semen or vaginal fluid.
o We know that other coronaviruses do not efficiently transmit through sex.
2. Have sex with people close to you.
• You are your safest sex partner. Masturbation will not spread COVID-19, especially if you wash your hands (and any sex toys) with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after sex.
• The next safest partner is someone you live with. Having close contact — including sex — with only a small circle of people helps prevent spreading COVID-19. Have sex only with consenting partners.
• You should avoid close contact — including sex — with anyone outside your household. If you do have sex with others, have as few partners as possible.
• If you usually meet your sex partners online or make a living by having sex, consider taking a break from in-person dates. Video dates, sexting or chat rooms may be options for you.
3. Take care during sex.
• Kissing can easily pass COVID-19. Avoid kissing anyone who is not part of your small circle of close contacts.
• Rimming (mouth on anus) might spread COVID-19. Virus in feces may enter your mouth.
• Condoms and dental dams can reduce contact with saliva or feces, especially during oral or anal sex.
• Washing up before and after sex is more important than ever.
o Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
o Wash sex toys with soap and warm water.
o Disinfect keyboards and touch screens that you share with others (for video

Rimming ?  ... Learn something new everyday.
Call me old fashion, butt I'll pass on that.
 Rimming aka "Tossing the Salad" I highly recommend checking out Chris Rock's bit on the subject. Easily found on Youtube.