RogueValleyForum.com
Corona virus - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Debate (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Corona virus (/showthread.php?tid=19209)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

RE: Corona virus - tvguy - 04-02-2020

(04-02-2020, 12:29 PM)chuck white Wrote: [Image: othermap.png]

They are not up to date as fast as the other. Also no music
But does have cool features with graphs, but can't find US total death, only state by state.
The USA total death rate is right there on what you posted, upper right corner next to the total recovered 51335

No music Razz Razz

RE: Corona virus - GPnative - 04-02-2020

RE: Corona virus - chuck white - 04-02-2020

(04-02-2020, 05:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:

But does have cool features with graphs, but can't find US total death, only state by state.
The USA total death rate is right there on what you posted, upper right corner next to the total recovered 51335

No music Razz Razz
???, 51335 is not total recovered, it's total death (global) , see the word deaths right above it.

US death is (at that time)  around 5,783.  under that they show Italy, Spain France, China, Iran...If take the elevator you see other country and regipns of the US, but I didn't see a single total for the US.

(04-02-2020, 03:42 PM)GPnative Wrote: Jackson County: Allshould wear masks Jackson County is nowrecommending that everyonewear face masks — whetheryou’re sick or healthy — toprevent the spread of thecoronavirus.The Centers For DiseaseControl recommends thatonly people who are sick orcaring for a sick person weara face mask. Officials withthe agency say they’re con-sidering expanding that rec-ommendation to includeeveryone but they have yet todo so, out of fear that peoplewill buy masks that hospitalworkers need more.But Jim Shames, JacksonCounty’ public health medicaldirector, says there’s enoughdata to show that wearingeven a homemade face maskis better than nothing.Still, Shames says healthypeople should refrain fromusing N95 respirators — thewhite form-fitting masks thattend to be worn by construc-tion workers — which filterout finer particles.“They should be reservedfor health care workers andemergency personnel almostsolely,” Shames says.— Jefferson Public Radio

Again, formatting when copy/paste from the Courier is all jacked.

Regarding the last line from above, I really really hate this idea that N95 masks should only be reserved for health workers. I do not feel the least bit guilty for owning some and wearing them. I have a family to provide for and I have every right to protect myself with every tool available to me without these pinheads piling on shame for those of us that have masks.
Take the shortages of PPE up with the government, the CDC, and all the other bloated fat cats that did nothing to prepare this country for pandemic.
You can have my mask when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Good thing I still have my mask from Halloween, I'll need that when I head to the bank tomorrow.
[Image: WIN-20200402-19-36-30-Pro.jpg]

RE: Corona virus - Cuzz - 04-02-2020

(04-02-2020, 07:45 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 03:42 PM)GPnative Wrote: Jackson County: Allshould wear masks Jackson County is nowrecommending that everyonewear face masks — whetheryou’re sick or healthy — toprevent the spread of thecoronavirus.The Centers For DiseaseControl recommends thatonly people who are sick orcaring for a sick person weara face mask. Officials withthe agency say they’re con-sidering expanding that rec-ommendation to includeeveryone but they have yet todo so, out of fear that peoplewill buy masks that hospitalworkers need more.But Jim Shames, JacksonCounty’ public health medicaldirector, says there’s enoughdata to show that wearingeven a homemade face maskis better than nothing.Still, Shames says healthypeople should refrain fromusing N95 respirators — thewhite form-fitting masks thattend to be worn by construc-tion workers — which filterout finer particles.“They should be reservedfor health care workers andemergency personnel almostsolely,” Shames says.— Jefferson Public Radio

Again, formatting when copy/paste from the Courier is all jacked.

Regarding the last line from above, I really really hate this idea that N95 masks should only be reserved for health workers. I do not feel the least bit guilty for owning some and wearing them. I have a family to provide for and I have every right to protect myself with every tool available to me without these pinheads piling on shame for those of us that have masks.
Take the shortages of PPE up with the government, the CDC, and all the other bloated fat cats that did nothing to prepare this country for pandemic.
You can have my mask when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Good thing I still have my mask from Halloween, I'll need that when I head to the bank tomorrow.
[Image: WIN-20200402-19-36-30-Pro.jpg]

Halloween masks are probably the only ones that will be available for the foreseeable future. So you should go for it.

Quote:Coronavirus could cause brain damage in some patients by triggering inflammation that can lead to bleeds and the killing of cells, doctors have warned.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-may-cause-brain-damage-21804695

Shit, More Republicans, that's all we need

RE: Corona virus - chuck white - 04-03-2020

Quote:One more patient from Josephine County has tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the county's total of confirmed cases to 12. Josephine County Public Health was notified about the case this morning by the official m
http://www.kldr.com/news/news.php

[Image: P-2.jpg]

Quote:Oregon state and local health officials reported 90 new known cases of the novel coronavirus Thursday afternoon, bringing the state’s total to 826. 

OHA also announced two additional deaths Thursday. The state now has 21 known deaths from the virus.
https://www.opb.org/news/article/live-updates-oregon-washington-coronavirus-covid-19-april-2/

It looks like 6-7 days to double, great job Oregon
Thanks Kate, for good call on shut down the state.

RE: Corona virus - Someones Dad - 04-03-2020

This site is definitely flawed. You can click on ANY other Country and it shows "Recovered" with numbers of people who recovered.  Not one place in the US does it give anything but a zero for recovered.

RE: Corona virus - tvguy - 04-03-2020

(04-03-2020, 01:21 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

This site is definitely flawed. You can click on ANY other Country and it shows "Recovered" with numbers of people who recovered.  Not one place in the US does it give anything but a zero for recovered.
  Yeah strange But still they give the total for the whole country.

Here is what I should have posted Chuck...

[Image: chuck.jpg]

I see click on the country to the left first.
that helps

(04-03-2020, 02:27 PM)chuck white Wrote: I see click on the country to the left first.
that helps
Derp Razz

RE: Corona virus - GPnative - 04-03-2020

(03-31-2020, 10:29 PM)chuck white Wrote: Well after a video conference on line, I was sent to the ER at 3 rivers. They have a set up in the back with a tent. People in plastic space helmet.
They first check your oxygen level with some finger test. Then the usual blood pressure heart rate and temperature. Because of my age and symptoms, up the nose with a stick to get a sample. So it will be 3 to 7 days to get results. Mean while I have to self quarantine. I was looking over the paperwork and I swear it said they were going to sent the test for influenza testing first, if that was negative then they would sent for covid-19 test. I looked for that an hour later and I can't find that statement. But it must be there buried in the 6 pages they gave me. I was a bit alarmed by that. What if you had both, they would then not test you for Covid.

They did say my breathing was OK and they didn't seem alarmed. So I should make it to the results.
Lets dance naked in the woods and hope for the best. keeping more then 6 feet apart, this isn't some silly religion, where every body gets together and lays hands on one another.

No results yet eh? Makes ya wonder how many people die while waiting for results to roll in.

(04-03-2020, 06:03 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 10:29 PM)chuck white Wrote: Well after a video conference on line, I was sent to the ER at 3 rivers. They have a set up in the back with a tent. People in plastic space helmet.
They first check your oxygen level with some finger test. Then the usual blood pressure heart rate and temperature. Because of my age and symptoms, up the nose with a stick to get a sample. So it will be 3 to 7 days to get results. Mean while I have to self quarantine. I was looking over the paperwork and I swear it said they were going to sent the test for influenza testing first, if that was negative then they would sent for covid-19 test. I looked for that an hour later and I can't find that statement. But it must be there buried in the 6 pages they gave me. I was a bit alarmed by that. What if you had both, they would then not test you for Covid.

They did say my breathing was OK and they didn't seem alarmed. So I should make it to the results.
Lets dance naked in the woods and hope for the best. keeping more then 6 feet apart, this isn't some silly religion, where every body gets together and lays hands on one another.

No results yet eh? Makes ya wonder how many people die while waiting for results to roll in.
[Image: EUqSER0VAAAV1bB?format=jpg&name=360x360]

RE: Corona virus - tornado - 04-03-2020

[Image: 440px-Lone_ranger_silver_1965.JPG]

Not my quote, but sure does keenly show the power of exponential growth, short and sweet.

It took four months to hit 500,000 cases.
It took one week to hit 1 million.

(04-03-2020, 06:31 PM)GPnative Wrote: Not my quote, but sure does keenly show the power of exponential growth, short and sweet.

next week we can say , it took four months and a week to reach 1,000,000
and a week to hit 2,000,000

(04-03-2020, 06:56 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 06:31 PM)GPnative Wrote: Not my quote, but sure does keenly show the power of exponential growth, short and sweet.

Yup, a source ive been following since feb. that has been damn accurate on all fronts says 10 million in 2 to 3 weeks, i dont disagree.

(04-03-2020, 07:34 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 06:56 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Yup, a source ive been following since feb. that has been damn accurate on all fronts says 10 million in 2 to 3 weeks, i dont disagree.
It's just a flu. It will melt then the sun comes out. What about car crashes? Oh yeah and governor brown stain can't tell me or any churches they can't assemble, We have a constitutional right.

[Image: redneck.jpg]