RogueValleyForum.com
Corona virus - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Debate (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Corona virus (/showthread.php?tid=19209)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

RE: Corona virus - Someones Dad - 04-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 11:33 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 10:54 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: https://news.yahoo.com/smoking-marijuana-could-lungs-more-143500075.html

Smoking Pot could be bad for you.

At least you won't care.   Razz
I have no idea why you would say that.

And Chuck, I purposely used the word "could", because I realize it was an opinion piece.

RE: Corona virus - chuck white - 04-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 01:52 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 11:33 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 10:54 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: https://news.yahoo.com/smoking-marijuana-could-lungs-more-143500075.html

Smoking Pot could be bad for you.

At least you won't care.   Razz
I have no idea why you would say that.

And Chuck, I purposely used the word "could", because I realize it was an opinion piece.

Yes, they used the could in the article too, I just wanted to emphasize that it was an opinion.

RE: Corona virus - tvguy - 04-07-2020

(04-06-2020, 06:41 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 03:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 01:57 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 01:14 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Josephine County Public Health confirmed four more cases of COVID-19 over the weekend, bringing the total number of local positive coronavirus tests to 16. Two new cases were reported this morning.
http://www.kldr.com/news/news.php

But of course they wont tell us age, geographic location. etc. heaven forbid we know what city the cases live in. Williams, Murphy, Cave Junction, GP, Wilderville, Wonder, Sunny Valley, WolfCreek, Just to name a few.....
Of course if this was measles, public health would be shouting that info from the roof tops. Bunch of lying cowards.
 Unlike the measles which I'm not sure would be treated any different. With covid they are already notifying anyone who was in contact with any infected person and they are quarantined. And the infected person is quarantined of course.

So what good would it do you to know what geographic location? Were you planning on visiting any of those places you mentioned? And even if you were wouldn't you be taking all the necessary steps to be safe just like you would be doing anywhere?

Because it's our damn right to know, that's why, public health should be of the people by the people and for the people. And the measles outbreak of whatever year that was, 2018? They absolutely released the specifics. Me visiting those places has nothing to do with it, the people living in towns have every right to know.
OK so what would the people in these towns do if they were notified someone there had covid? What would you do differently?

For instance I live in Central Point. if it was reported that someone here had covid it would not change any of my habits.

RE: Corona virus - GPnative - 04-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 03:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 01:14 PM)chuck white Wrote: http://www.kldr.com/news/news.php

But of course they wont tell us age, geographic location. etc. heaven forbid we know what city the cases live in. Williams, Murphy, Cave Junction, GP, Wilderville, Wonder, Sunny Valley, WolfCreek, Just to name a few.....
Of course if this was measles, public health would be shouting that info from the roof tops. Bunch of lying cowards.
 Unlike the measles which I'm not sure would be treated any different. With covid they are already notifying anyone who was in contact with any infected person and they are quarantined. And the infected person is quarantined of course.

So what good would it do you to know what geographic location? Were you planning on visiting any of those places you mentioned? And even if you were wouldn't you be taking all the necessary steps to be safe just like you would be doing anywhere?

Because it's our damn right to know, that's why, public health should be of the people by the people and for the people. And the measles outbreak of whatever year that was, 2018? They absolutely released the specifics. Me visiting those places has nothing to do with it, the people living in towns have every right to know.
OK so what would the people in these towns do if they were notified someone there had covid? What would you do differently?

For instance I live in Central Point. if it was reported that someone here had covid it would not change any of my habits.

1 person, no, but, 10? 100?, 1000? Whats your number when you would, and would you not like that option to decide for yourself based on data provided? Data that should be provided? Instead of this super secret nonsense.

(04-07-2020, 07:47 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 01:14 PM)chuck white Wrote: http://www.kldr.com/news/news.php

I'm not aware of that right. Where does it come from? And if "public health should be of the people by the people and for the people" does that include publicly supported nationalized medical system that you support?

You dont think your health is your right? You think you need big pharma, big government and big assholes to tell you sanitized versions of info regarding public health? You are good with that? And what the hell does nationalized medicine have to do with it? Based on what ive seen here with piss poor management of this pandemic from all levels, nationalized medicine would surely fail at the end user level. I would support nationalized medicine if it was soley managed by a board of private citizens.

(04-07-2020, 04:23 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 01:57 PM)GPnative Wrote: But of course they wont tell us age, geographic location. etc. heaven forbid we know what city the cases live in. Williams, Murphy, Cave Junction, GP, Wilderville, Wonder, Sunny Valley, WolfCreek, Just to name a few.....

1 person, no, but, 10? 100?, 1000? Whats your number when you would, and would you not like that option to decide for yourself based on data provided? Data that should be provided? Instead of this super secret nonsense.

You still haven't said what you would do with the information. My answer is nothing. I would stay right where I am until it's over.
If your thought is that you will get out of Dodge Then did you consider that is exactly why they don't give the city's name?

(04-07-2020, 05:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 03:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:  Unlike the measles which I'm not sure would be treated any different. With covid they are already notifying anyone who was in contact with any infected person and they are quarantined. And the infected person is quarantined of course.

You still haven't said what you would do with the information. My answer is nothing. I would stay right where I am until it's over.
If your thought is that you will get out of Dodge Then did you consider that is exactly why they don't give the city's name?

I figured it was obvious, if central point had 100 cases confirmed and ashland had 5, im going to shop in ashland.

RE: Corona virus - Cuzz - 04-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 04:36 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 01:57 PM)GPnative Wrote: But of course they wont tell us age, geographic location. etc. heaven forbid we know what city the cases live in. Williams, Murphy, Cave Junction, GP, Wilderville, Wonder, Sunny Valley, WolfCreek, Just to name a few.....

I'm not aware of that right. Where does it come from? And if "public health should be of the people by the people and for the people" does that include publicly supported nationalized medical system that you support?

You dont think your health is your right? You think you need big pharma, big government and big assholes to tell you sanitized versions of info regarding public health? You are good with that? And what the hell does nationalized medicine have to do with it? Based on what ive seen here with piss poor management of this pandemic from all levels, nationalized medicine would surely fail at the end user level. I would support nationalized medicine if it was soley managed by a board of private citizens.

You started out saying "But of course they wont tell us age, geographic location. etc. heaven forbid we know what city the cases live in."

I don't think you need that granularity to take care of yourself. I know I don't. I'm doing fine and I'm pretty sure I'm not as obsessed over the subject as you and some other people seem to be.

And "public health should be of the people by the people and for the people" sounded like you were referring to nationalized healthcare. I don't think my health is a right, healthcare on the other hand, sure.

RE: Corona virus - chuck white - 04-07-2020

Would that be an elected board of private citizens or an appointed board of private citizens?

(04-07-2020, 07:20 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 03:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:  Unlike the measles which I'm not sure would be treated any different. With covid they are already notifying anyone who was in contact with any infected person and they are quarantined. And the infected person is quarantined of course.

Would that be an elected board of private citizens or an appointed board of private citizens?

Neither, random draw  Razz

(04-07-2020, 06:35 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

You started out saying "But of course they wont tell us age, geographic location. etc. heaven forbid we know what city the cases live in."

I don't think you need that granularity to take care of yourself. I know I don't. I'm doing fine and I'm pretty sure I'm not as obsessed over the subject as you and some other people seem to be.

And "public health should be of the people by the people and for the people" sounded like you were referring to nationalized healthcare. I don't think my health is a right, healthcare on the other hand, sure.

Ok, its cool, you might as well go visit New York then, have fun.

RE: Corona virus - Cuzz - 04-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 08:06 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 06:35 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 06:41 PM)GPnative Wrote: Because it's our damn right to know, that's why, public health should be of the people by the people and for the people. And the measles outbreak of whatever year that was, 2018? They absolutely released the specifics. Me visiting those places has nothing to do with it, the people living in towns have every right to know.

Ok, its cool, you might as well go visit New York then, have fun.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean.

(04-07-2020, 05:48 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 05:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 06:41 PM)GPnative Wrote: Because it's our damn right to know, that's why, public health should be of the people by the people and for the people. And the measles outbreak of whatever year that was, 2018? They absolutely released the specifics. Me visiting those places has nothing to do with it, the people living in towns have every right to know.

I figured it was obvious, if central point had 100 cases confirmed and ashland had 5, im going to shop in ashland.
And if you and others did that you could spread the virus. Again maybe that's why they don't give the specific city.

RE: Corona virus - tornado - 04-08-2020

https://www.professorhinkley.com/blog/why-is-oregon-still-on-lock-down

Why is Oregon still on lock down?
Apr 5
The data reveals little to no benefit, and seismic losses
By Professor Hinkley April 4, 2020

RE: Corona virus - tvguy - 04-09-2020

(04-08-2020, 10:29 PM)tornado Wrote: https://www.professorhinkley.com/blog/why-is-oregon-still-on-lock-down

Apr 5

Who in the hell is this fucking Blogger ?  Professor Hinkley Laughing Laughing Laughing  I might as well listen to the professor on Gilligan's island.

RE: Corona virus - tornado - 04-09-2020

(04-09-2020, 01:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 10:29 PM)tornado Wrote: https://www.professorhinkley.com/blog/why-is-oregon-still-on-lock-down

Apr 5

Who in the hell is this fucking Blogger ?  Professor Hinkley Laughing Laughing Laughing  I might as well listen to the professor on Gilligan's island.
He's a Kubota tractor salesman.

RE: Corona virus - Scrapper - 04-09-2020

(04-09-2020, 02:51 PM)tornado Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 01:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Apr 5

Who in the hell is this fucking Blogger ?  Professor Hinkley   I might as well listen to the professor on Gilligan's island.
He's a Kubota tractor salesman.
Bwahaha!
Like TV said:   I might as well listen to the professor on Gilligan's island.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RE: Corona virus - bbqboy - 04-09-2020

Professor got taken down from Medium which is pretty hard to do!

RE: Corona virus - chuck white - 04-09-2020

Apr 5

Because it's a damn good idea. It is what Dr Fauci recommends. I trust science over economic greed.

RE: Corona virus - tvguy - 04-09-2020

(04-09-2020, 04:12 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Professor got taken down from Medium which is pretty hard to do!
huh?