RogueValleyForum.com
the emperor has no mask - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Debate (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: National and World News (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: the emperor has no mask (/showthread.php?tid=19236)

the emperor has no mask - chuck white - 04-04-2020

Quote:All Americans should wear masks, the C.D.C. said, but President Trump says he won’t.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/world/coronavirus-news.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

RE: the emperor has no mask - Cuzz - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 07:49 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:All Americans should wear masks, the C.D.C. said, but President Trump says he won’t.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/world/coronavirus-news.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

Good for him. That'll show everybody.

RE: the emperor has no mask - chuck white - 04-07-2020

I went to the stores today, just over half the people were wearing mask.
So I started practicing public shaming.

I started with comments like " Don't you feel naked without a mask"
or I'd walk past somebody while I was on the phone and say "How rude, somebody else without a mask"

One guy responded " No and I not going to wear one", I replied "Oh you must be a Republican"

Some people with long beards, I tell them, "Maybe you could fold your beard up, over your mouth"

One thing that annoyed me was none of the Winco workers had mask, I ask how come they were not wearing them. I was told they are not allowed to wear mask.
I also ask if they were getting hazard pay. Many stores have bonus pay for front line workers. The cashier told me they were not.

Next time I'm heading to Fred Myers, I hear they are paying a hazard pay bonus. I hope they have employees with mask.

Side note, as I was exiting the store, they had the armored truck outside.I said to the guy (with the gun) I bet you guys are more nervous with all these people wearing mask.

RE: the emperor has no mask - Scrapper - 04-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 02:16 PM)chuck white Wrote: I went to the stores today, just over half the people were wearing mask.

or I'd walk past somebody while I was on the phone and say "How rude, somebody else without a mask"

One guy responded " No and I not going to wear one", I replied "Oh you must be a Republican"

Some people with long beards, I tell them, "Maybe you could fold your beard up, over your mouth"

One thing that annoyed me was none of the Winco workers had mask, I ask how come they were not wearing them. I was told they are not allowed to wear mask.
I also ask if they were getting hazard pay. Many stores have bonus pay for front line workers. The cashier told me they were not.

Next time I'm heading to Fred Myers, I hear they are paying a hazard pay bonus. I hope they have employees with mask.

Side note, as I was exiting the store, they had the armored truck outside.I said to the guy (with the gun) I bet you guys are more nervous with all these people wearing mask.
You are hilarious!

We went to a Walmart to pick up an order. (Not Grants Pass. Not even my town... the Walmart nearest our home couldn't do a delivery or pick up order for 4 days. We ordered a pick up in a neighboring town for the next day though.) The guy that brought our order out and loaded it into our car was about 18 or 19. Here said that Walmart WOULD NOT ALLOW them to wear masks... because it scares their customers! WTF?!?!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Those of us wearing mask are scared of those who don't, So If it scares off those not wearing mask, the better we all would be.

RE: the emperor has no mask - GPnative - 04-07-2020

I dont understand how stores can still be using that logic, that it scares customers, what a crock.

Yes, fred meyer is paying hazard pay to the front line workers, extra $2/hr i think it was. I am happily supporting FM. Their pickup service has been great and they are waiving the fee. Personally i wish they were charging the fee and splitting it among the workers who pull and take it out to the customers car.

RE: the emperor has no mask - tvguy - 04-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 04:42 PM)GPnative Wrote: I dont understand how stores can still be using that logic, that it scares customers, what a crock.

Yes, fred meyer is paying hazard pay to the front line workers, extra $2/hr i think it was. I am happily supporting FM. Their pickup service has been great and they are waiving the fee. Personally i wish they were charging the fee and splitting it among the workers who pull and take it out to the customers car.
I agree with you on all that. Except for charging the fee and splitting it among the workers who pull and take it out to the customers car.
I don't think they are anymore in harms way than anyone else in the store. Maybe they are better off than a cashier.
When I pick up groceries I'm no where near the workers.

(04-07-2020, 04:42 PM)GPnative Wrote: I dont understand how stores can still be using that logic, that it scares customers, what a crock.

While staying with my parents, I ordered a delivery through Fred Meyers... it was AWFUL! I had specific items we needed/wanted that we marked "No Substitutions". They substituted anyways... things that weren't even close to what I had ordered. Items like a ginormous 48oz cottage cheese when I ordered a small 16 oz cottage cheese... my parents would NEVER be able to eat 48 oz of cottage cheese before it went bad. In all... just the items that were substituted cost me an extra $12! Plus, I had ordered 33 items (none being essentials like TP, antibacterials, etc.) and only received 14 items. So the $9.95 delivery fee was a total rip off. I contacted them and nothing was ever done... not even an apology. So, the next delivery order I made for them was Walmart... only 1 missing item... and it only cost $7.95 for the delivery fee. I did add a nice tip for the Walmart driver as well. So, now I'm leary about using the Fred Meyer delivery service.

RE: the emperor has no mask - tvguy - 04-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 05:19 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

While staying with my parents, I ordered a delivery through Fred Meyers... it was AWFUL! I had specific items we needed/wanted that we marked "No Substitutions". They substituted anyways... things that weren't even close to what I had ordered. Items like a ginormous 48oz cottage cheese when I ordered a small 16 oz cottage cheese... my parents would NEVER be able to eat 48 oz of cottage cheese before it went bad. In all... just the items that were substituted cost me an extra $12! Plus, I had ordered 33 items (none being essentials like TP, antibacterials, etc.) and only received 14 items. So the $9.95 delivery fee was a total rip off. I contacted them and nothing was ever done... not even an apology. So, the next delivery order I made for them was Walmart... only 1 missing item... and it only cost $7.95 for the delivery fee. I did add a nice tip for the Walmart driver as well. So, now I'm leary about using the Fred Meyer delivery service.
Your FM sucks.. They NEVER charge us more when there is a substitution. More often than not when there is a substitution we get more of or something better than what we ordered.
Also we pick up at the store which is normally only 5 bucks but now it's free.

(04-07-2020, 05:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Your FM sucks.. They NEVER charge us more when there is a substitution. More often than not when there is a substitution we get more of or something better than what we ordered.

I've never had an issue with my local Fred Meyer... just the one in Grants Pass. And... it was the first and only time I used their delivery service.

(04-07-2020, 05:27 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 05:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I've never had an issue with my local Fred Meyer... just the one in Grants Pass. And... it was the first and only time I used their delivery service.

Our experience with GP has been fine. Substitutions have been fine, a couple stock outs, but thats not their fault. A couple of our substitutions have been in our favor.
We will see about after order support, the ham we got on monday looks like it was fresh around Christmas. Abiding by their phone message request to email the issue due to crazy volumes of calls, told the in email i dont want to return it to the store for obvious reasons. They were up front that it may take awhile for a reply, i am giving them 48 hours then calling. Hoping they will refund our money. But we will see.

(04-07-2020, 02:30 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 02:16 PM)chuck white Wrote: I went to the stores today, just over half the people were wearing mask.

You are hilarious!

We went to a Walmart to pick up an order. (Not Grants Pass. Not even my town... the Walmart nearest our home couldn't do a delivery or pick up order for 4 days. We ordered a pick up in a neighboring town for the next day though.) The guy that brought our order out and loaded it into our car was about 18 or 19. Here said that Walmart WOULD NOT ALLOW them to wear masks... because it scares their customers! WTF?!?!

Along this line...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-walmart-sued-for-wrongful-death-by-family-of-worker-who-died-of-covid-19-complications/

I was given a new public shaming line

No mask, church on Sunday?

Just got an email from fred meyer they are now encouraging their employees to wear masks, and expect shipments to supply them by the end of the week.