RogueValleyForum.com
Is he a hero or a zero? 17 year old with rifle - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Debate (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: National and World News (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Is he a hero or a zero? 17 year old with rifle (/showthread.php?tid=19262)

Pages: 1 2 3

Is he a hero or a zero? 17 year old with rifle - tvguy - 08-28-2020

I watched the news and my wife and I saw the video. Unfortunately they cut out the actual shootings and it made it look like demonstrators were justifiably trying to stop and disarm a killer.
When actually they were chasing the kid with a rifle . Then one "protestor" tried to hit him in the head with something. then the kid fell down ,another tried to kick him.
And then another tried to or did hit the kid in the head with a skate board. That's when the kid fired his weapon.
I don't see how this is a homicide.

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/rRa3h7RHHvg [/video]

Is he a hero or a zero? 17 year old with rifle - Scrapper - 08-28-2020

Total zero!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RE: Is he a hero or a zero? 17 year old with rifle - Cuzz - 08-28-2020

(08-28-2020, 05:12 PM)tvguy Wrote: I watched the news and my wife and I saw the video. Unfortunately they cut out the actual shootings and it made it look like demonstrators were justifiably trying to stop and disarm a killer.
When actually they were chasing the kid with a rifle . Then one "protestor" tried to hit him in the head with something. then the kid fell down ,another tried to kick him.
And then another tried to or did hit the kid in the head with a skate board. That's when the kid fired his weapon.

It a homicide because he killed people. You should know that.

Personally I think he was looking for trouble and found it.

RE: Is he a hero or a zero? 17 year old with rifle - Juniper - 08-28-2020

You didn't see the shootings?  I did.  The later ones.  It looked like the tape of JFK's head coming off when he hit that guy in the arm. I don't see him as a hero in any light, however. Even if he acted in self-defense, he had no real business going in there with that assault rifle.  That's not being a hero. I should add, that these aren't the shootings that I would call murder, I might go with self defense.  It's the first one I question.

RE: Is he a hero or a zero? 17 year old with rifle - tvguy - 08-29-2020

(08-28-2020, 06:39 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(08-28-2020, 05:12 PM)tvguy Wrote: I watched the news and my wife and I saw the video. Unfortunately they cut out the actual shootings and it made it look like demonstrators were justifiably trying to stop and disarm a killer.

A homicide is an UNLAWFUL killing. You should know that Razz . When someone is trying to bash your head with a skate board that is deadly force.
So what I saw in that video is self defense. I have no idea about the first shooting.
And yes I too think he was looking for trouble and found it.

(08-28-2020, 09:05 PM)Juniper Wrote: You didn't see the shootings?  I did.  The later ones.  It looked like the tape of JFK's head coming off when he hit that guy in the arm. I don't see him as a hero in any light, however. Even if he acted in self-defense, he had no real business going in there with that assault rifle.  That's not being a hero. I should add, that these aren't the shootings that I would call murder, I might go with self defense.  It's the first one I question.

Like I said the first time I saw any video was on the news and you know they aren't going to show the actually shootings.

I don't see him as a hero in any light, however.Nor do I    Even if he acted in self-defense, he had no real business going in there with that assault rifle. Exactly  That's not being a hero. No it's not  I should add, that these aren't the shootings that I would call murder, I might go with self defense. Yep exactly   It's the first one I question. Me too and I don't have any real information about that yet. I have heard people say he was actually shot at.

RE: Is he a hero or a zero? 17 year old with rifle - Cuzz - 08-29-2020

(08-29-2020, 05:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:

A homicide is an UNLAWFUL killing. You should know that Razz . When someone is trying to bash your head with a skate board that is deadly force.
So what I saw in that video is self defense. I have no idea about the first shooting.

It seems that it depends on which source you look at for the definition of homicide as to whether unlawful is involved or not, so I guess we're both right. There is such a thing as justified homicide.

So here's a scenario for you. If the kid killed someone and you see him do it and then try to apprehend him, if he kills you too is that self defense or another murder?

(08-29-2020, 08:00 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

It seems that it depends on which source you look at for the definition of homicide as to whether unlawful is involved or not, so I guess we're both right. There is such a thing as justified homicide.

So here's a scenario for you. If the kid killed someone and you see him do it and then try to apprehend him, if he kills you too is that self defense or another murder?
You need to define "apprehend". He was clearly being attacked before the first shooting by a thug a felon Rosenberg who got what he deserved IMO . The second person he shot and killed Anthony Huber hit him in the head with a skateboard. The other guy who was shot in the arm had a gun in his hand.

Who tries to apprehend someone who just committed justifiable homicide?

RE: Is he a hero or a zero? 17 year old with rifle - Juniper - 08-29-2020

(08-29-2020, 05:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-28-2020, 09:05 PM)Juniper Wrote: You didn't see the shootings?  I did.  The later ones.  It looked like the tape of JFK's head coming off when he hit that guy in the arm. I don't see him as a hero in any light, however. Even if he acted in self-defense, he had no real business going in there with that assault rifle.  That's not being a hero. I should add, that these aren't the shootings that I would call murder, I might go with self defense.  It's the first one I question.

Like I said the first time I saw any video was on the news and you know they aren't going to show the actually shootings.

I don't see him as a hero in any light, however.Nor do I    Even if he acted in self-defense, he had no real business going in there with that assault rifle. Exactly  That's not being a hero. No it's not  I should add, that these aren't the shootings that I would call murder, I might go with self defense. Yep exactly   It's the first one I question. Me too and I don't have any real information about that yet. I have heard people say he was actually shot at.
Well, you can see them. I have.  They are hard to really see well, but like I said, you can see him blow this guys arm nearly off.  I haven't seen a clear shot of the first shooting.  I have seen some clips of him in different scenes...once with a fire extinguisher running by. The first shooting is very obscure, but I can clearly see him walk up to the person he shot.  Everyone else is concentrating on the wounded man on the ground between the two cars. He is on his phone and talking to someone and then just turns and walks away.  No one is chasing him at that moment. He just turns and walks and then begins to run. THAT part, that fleeing the scene is the issue.  Self defense in the second scenario?  Well, yeah, they should have chased him down.

RE: Is he a hero or a zero? 17 year old with rifle - Cuzz - 08-29-2020

(08-29-2020, 08:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:

You need to define "apprehend". He was clearly being attacked before the first shooting by a thug a felon Rosenberg who got what he deserved IMO . The second person he shot and killed Anthony Huber hit him in the head with a skateboard. The other guy who was shot in the arm had a gun in his hand.

You got all that from that video??

I didn't.

RE: Is he a hero or a zero? 17 year old with rifle - Juniper - 08-30-2020

Quote:He was clearly being attacked before the first shooting by a thug a felon Rosenberg who got what he deserved IMO
I don't think it's clear at all.  I can't SEE what happens.  How can I say?  I can say this though. That kid should not have been there with an assault rifle.

RE: Is he a hero or a zero? 17 year old with rifle - Scrapper - 08-31-2020

(08-30-2020, 09:44 PM)Juniper Wrote:
Quote:He was clearly being attacked before the first shooting by a thug a felon Rosenberg who got what he deserved IMO
I don't think it's clear at all.  I can't SEE what happens.  How can I say?  I can say this though. That kid should not have been there with an assault rifle.
He's a child...
He should have been at home.
He should not have had access to guns.
Period!

RE: Is he a hero or a zero? 17 year old with rifle - Juniper - 08-31-2020

(08-31-2020, 08:19 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
He's a child...
Period!

Well, from what I've seen online, it appears his parents supported and encouraged his role.

RE: Is he a hero or a zero? 17 year old with rifle - tvguy - 09-01-2020

(08-29-2020, 09:35 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-29-2020, 05:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Well, you can see them. I have.  They are hard to really see well, but like I said, you can see him blow this guys arm nearly off.  I haven't seen a clear shot of the first shooting.  I have seen some clips of him in different scenes...once with a fire extinguisher running by. The first shooting is very obscure, but I can clearly see him walk up to the person he shot.  Everyone else is concentrating on the wounded man on the ground between the two cars. He is on his phone and talking to someone and then just turns and walks away.  No one is chasing him at that moment. He just turns and walks and then begins to run. THAT part, that fleeing the scene is the issue.  Self defense in the second scenario?  Well, yeah, they should have chased him down.
OK when I said "I don't have any real information about that yet. I have heard people say he was actually shot at."

I was talking about the first person he shot. And of coarse no one was chasing him AFTER he shot the guy. Buy they sure as hell were before. So I think what happened before is important.

"THAT part, that fleeing the scene is the issue"  If he had called 911 and waited he may have been killed. Or may have had to shoot someone else.
 You can say "fleeing" But he was heading straight for where the police were.

"Self defense in the second scenario?  Well, yeah, they should have chased him down."

They should have followed him instead of trying to attack him.

He's a child...
Period!

Absolutely.

In the video  he was being chased before he ever fired his gun. You can see someone throw something at his head that is alleged to be a molitov cocktail. It is indeed clear that happened. And a split second later you can see the man he killed chase after him in between some cars.

He was being chased and was attacked and we don't even see what happened before that made the kid run. The kids attorney said Rosenbaum was trying to take the gun away.
Rosenbaum was no BLM protestor he was shown earlier in the night telling armed black man  Shoot me NI****

(08-29-2020, 10:42 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(08-29-2020, 08:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-28-2020, 06:39 PM)Cuzz Wrote: It a homicide because he killed people. You should know that.

You got all that from that video??

I didn't.
 You are right it's not clear Rosenbaum attacked him. But it is clear he was being chased and something was thrown at his head and that Rosenbaum caught up with the kid between  the cars

RE: Is he a hero or a zero? 17 year old with rifle - Scrapper - 09-01-2020

(08-31-2020, 09:55 PM)Juniper Wrote:
He's a child...
Period!

Well, from what I've seen online, it appears his parents supported and encouraged his role.
They should be charged as accessories to murder... or something.

(09-01-2020, 09:23 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:55 PM)Juniper Wrote:
He's a child...
Period!

They should be charged as accessories to murder... or something.

If nothing else they will be sued by the victims. IF they actually allowed the kid to take the gun.

RE: Is he a hero or a zero? 17 year old with rifle - chuck white - 09-01-2020

What kind of mother would drive her kid to a riot location and drop him off with am assault rifle?

Maybe she has a big insurance policy on him.