RogueValleyForum.com
What's in your garden? - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: What's in your garden? (/showthread.php?tid=3997)

RE: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 11-12-2012

(11-11-2012, 02:36 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Nice. Do you plan to actually grow stuff in there? All you need to know about a cold frame style green house is the more light the better. My little one works great for starts.

Yes I plan on using for a green house next spring, or before. As far as light it will all be either glass of that clear corrugated plastic. BTW almost everything I'm using to build this was free, the lumber and windows anyway. The clear corrugated plastic might be also if I sell what I have left Smiling

[Image: greenhousem002.jpg]

RE: What's in your garden? - Wonky - 11-12-2012

(11-12-2012, 03:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-11-2012, 02:36 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Nice. Do you plan to actually grow stuff in there? All you need to know about a cold frame style green house is the more light the better. My little one works great for starts.

Yes I plan on using for a green house next spring, or before. As far as light it will all be either glass of that clear corrugated plastic. BTW almost everything I'm using to build this was free, the lumber and windows anyway. The clear corrugated plastic might be also if I sell what I have left Smiling

I've lived in places smaller than that. (But not as ugly LaughingLaughingLaughing)

RE: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 11-13-2012

The last of the Pequin peppers. I winter pruned the plants yesterday; hopefully they will grow back next year.
[Image: 002-3.jpg]

[Image: 001-6.jpg]

RE: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 11-13-2012

(11-12-2012, 10:22 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(11-12-2012, 03:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I've lived in places smaller than that. (But not as ugly LaughingLaughingLaughing)

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder. Once I get it done I'll put some lace curtains in the winders and rent it out to someone with a medical MJ cardSmiling

RE: What's in your garden? - PonderThis - 11-13-2012

You might fit one or maybe two plants in there.

(11-13-2012, 11:51 AM)PonderThis Wrote: You might fit one or maybe two plants in there.

They must grow them big up in yer parts, that's 10 by 20 feet.Smiling

Yup.

It's a little short, too. Smiling

(11-13-2012, 12:02 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Yup.

It's a little short, too. Smiling

I have two MM growers for neighbors. I can throw a rock and hit their plants from my house. Looking at their plants I think I could grow 4 or five plants in 200 sq ft.. Actually one of them just harvested a few days ago.

It doesn't matter anyway because I have no intention of growing weed. And if I did the greenhouse would only be needed to start plants, don't you think?

I have neighbors using greenhouses for the entire crop, that are openable for ventilation by raising the plastic on both sides. They sized it for 10' x 10' per plant, but that made it pretty tight for maintenance. 12' x 12' would have been better.

Some people are getting early crops by covering their greenhouses with black plastic every day to simulate the short days of fall, too.

(11-13-2012, 12:55 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I have neighbors using greenhouses for the entire crop, that are openable for ventilation by raising the plastic on both sides. They sized it for 10' x 10' per plant, but that made it pretty tight for maintenance. 12' x 12' would have been better.

Some people are getting early crops by covering their greenhouses with black plastic every day to simulate the short days of fall, too.

I hear ya, Plus you really need space between plants so they don't block the light from each other.
Anyway my greenhouse is WAY bigger than I'll ever need for a greenhouse. The only reason it's this size is for storage.

[Image: bountifulharvest.jpg]

(11-13-2012, 08:41 PM)cletus1 Wrote: [Image: bountifulharvest.jpg]

I like that, the colors. You can look at it a long time.There is a butterfly on an apple and another, and a catLaughing It's kind of one dimensional. Yeah I know, all paintings areRazz
I want to fish there like the black guy' look at all those big fish.

Those people look downright pissed to me.

(11-13-2012, 09:01 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Those people look downright pissed to me.

Underpaid

There is a flying Taco by the mountainLaughing

If you blow it up it's either a butterfly or a flasher, I'm not sure which.

(11-13-2012, 09:09 PM)PonderThis Wrote: If you blow it up it's either a butterfly or a flasher, I'm not sure which.

Flasher? Anyway I figured it out. It's not a taco. It's a bird in front of a cloud.

(11-13-2012, 08:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I like that, the colors. You can look at it a long time.There is a butterfly on an apple and another, and a catLaughing It's kind of one dimensional. Yeah I know, all paintings areRazz

Did you just have a bong hit?

That photo is cool, it was put on Food Bank posters some years ago.

RE: What's in your garden? - Tiamat - 11-13-2012

They don't look happy.

(11-13-2012, 09:24 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(11-13-2012, 08:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Did you just have a bong hit?

That photo is cool, it was put on Food Bank posters some years ago.

Um ... I said "I like that" I then went on to say why. It's kind of amateur hour maybe childish as far as depth, perspective but of course it's an art form? And yes it's cool.

No I didn't have a bong hit but it sounds like you need one.