RogueValleyForum.com
What's in your garden? - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: What's in your garden? (/showthread.php?tid=3997)

RE: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 12-25-2014

Say What? Ok, I'm not gardening yet, but I got a shipment with packages of vegetable seeds. I will start some of those seed in the greenhouse in early February. I am growing more cool weather veggies this spring and some of them like romanesco broccoli need 90 days to mature. I want to be able to harvest in May so starting early will let me do that. Smiling

RE: What's in your garden? - Valuesize - 12-25-2014

(12-25-2014, 08:37 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Say What? Ok, I'm not gardening yet, but I got a shipment with packages of vegetable seeds. I will start some of those seed in the greenhouse in early February. I am growing more cool weather veggies this spring and some of them like romanesco broccoli need 90 days to mature. I want to be able to harvest in May so starting early will let me do that. Smiling

Have you ever tried growing Chinese Broccoli? We just discovered this tasty veggie.

[Image: Chinese_Broccoli_with_Oyster_sauce.jpg]

RE: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 12-25-2014

(12-25-2014, 11:08 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-25-2014, 08:37 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Say What? Ok, I'm not gardening yet, but I got a shipment with packages of vegetable seeds. I will start some of those seed in the greenhouse in early February. I am growing more cool weather veggies this spring and some of them like romanesco broccoli need 90 days to mature. I want to be able to harvest in May so starting early will let me do that. Smiling

Have you ever tried growing Chinese Broccoli? We just discovered this tasty veggie.

[Image: Chinese_Broccoli_with_Oyster_sauce.jpg]

I like Chinese broccoli. I recently had some at a Szechuan Chinese restaurant in Seattle along with some fantastic chicken in black bean sauce. I probably should have gotten a package of those seeds too. Maybe I can find some seeds locally and try growing it.

RE: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 02-17-2015

Planted peas.

RE: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 05-03-2015

Today is the day I plan to till fertilizer and ag-lime into my garden. Then I will start staking out the the rows and get busy planting. I usually wait till after May 12th to plant, but I think I might fudge a bit this season and plant a week early.

I got a few heirloom tomato plants that I am going to give a try. Happy gardening to all of you especially those that know the joy of a garden fresh tomato sandwich.  Smiling

RE: What's in your garden? - Valuesize - 06-09-2015

We still don't have a garden because we still live in this dark apartment on the north side of a south facing mountain, Sad but I did get these pea sprouts from someone else's garden. All these years I've had no idea you could even eat them. I think they taste similar to alfalfa sprouts with a slight bitter edge. The large raw leaves make a tasty addition to a sandwich. Stems and all can be chopped and added to a salad or lightly sauteed like spinach.   

Anyone else enjoy eating these?

[Image: img_4130.jpg]

RE: What's in your garden? - Wonky3 - 06-09-2015

I go to the Growers Market on Thursday mornings. 

Would it be kosher for me to take photo's there and post them here? I feel so left out.  Crying

RE: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 06-09-2015

(06-09-2015, 02:31 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: I go to the Growers Market on Thursday mornings. 

Would it be kosher for me to take photo's there and post them here? I feel so left out.  Crying

Just Google "garden images" and claim you are growing it all. I've been doing that for years. Smiling

I don't even have a dog I just rent one.

RE: What's in your garden? - Wonky3 - 06-09-2015

(06-09-2015, 02:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-09-2015, 02:31 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: I go to the Growers Market on Thursday mornings. 

Just Google "garden images" and claim you are growing it all. I've been doing that for years. Smiling

I don't even have a dog I just rent one.

Laughing Laughing Laughing  You need your own TV show. 

(So we could turn you off.  Laughing Laughing Laughing

RE: What's in your garden? - chuck white - 06-10-2015

I'm plantings July's crops a little early.

RE: What's in your garden? - Wonky3 - 06-10-2015

(06-10-2015, 01:25 PM)chuck white Wrote: I'm plantings July's crops a little early.

Well...
That doesn't take a lot of courage. Now, planting December's crops in July tests the metal of a gardener. 

RE: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 06-10-2015

(06-10-2015, 01:25 PM)chuck white Wrote: I'm plantings July's crops a little early.

Ditto, I bet a lot of us are. I have 5 clones.

Wonky.. We aren't talking sheep here Razz

RE: What's in your garden? - Wonky3 - 06-10-2015

(06-10-2015, 04:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Ditto, I bet a lot of us are. I have 5 clones.

Wonky.. We aren't talking sheep here Razz
Oh.  Embarrassed 
Never mind.  Wink

RE: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 07-09-2015

[Image: 33az9d5.jpg]

RE: What's in your garden? - Wonky3 - 07-09-2015

(07-09-2015, 09:10 PM)tvguy Wrote: [Image: 33az9d5.jpg]
Wow. Neat wheelbarrow.  Laughing 

HEY! Look! There's a little bitty Bluejay under the thing. Birds are cool. That's why I study about 'em. 

RE: What's in your garden? - chuck white - 07-09-2015

(07-09-2015, 09:10 PM)tvguy Wrote: [Image: 33az9d5.jpg]

Are you going to try and grow seedless corn too?

RE: What's in your garden? - Tiamat - 07-09-2015

Blossom end rot. On ONE potted tomato. All were planted in the same potting soil in pots and watered consistently and fertilized. The first one to ripen is stricken with rot.

(07-09-2015, 10:34 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Blossom end rot. On ONE potted tomato. All were planted in the same potting soil in pots and watered consistently and fertilized. The first one to ripen is stricken with rot.

Yeah different types of tomatoes are more prone to blossom rot than others. Too bad I never wrote down which ones.

[Image: x5qdtf.jpg]

[Image: 11r8ao6.jpg]