RogueValleyForum.com
What's in your garden? - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: What's in your garden? (/showthread.php?tid=3997)

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 05-27-2009

tvguy Wrote:Or...

[Image: dead_bird.jpg]

Meanie head. Your picture sucks. Big Grin

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 05-27-2009

BURP

[Image: burpcopy.jpg]

Quote:My mom is using a motion activated sprinkler. Works great for deer, dogs, cats, husbands Big Grin , and maybe birds. One can found it locally but I can't tell unless TVGuy covers his eyes. Are your eyes covered now, TVGuy??? The GRANGE!!! I love that place.

If a finch would set that off then anything would and Cletus's garden would be a waterlogged swamp Laughing But what the heck Applebutter, Cletus could refinance his house to get the cash the grungy co op would be asking and give it a try Laughing Razz

What's in my Garden? Atlantic giant Pumpkins Big Grin I hope to make this one I grew look like a small one Wink

[Image: Pumpkinz.jpg]

Re: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 05-27-2009

tvguy Wrote:BURP

[Image: burpcopy.jpg]
Oh come on, you would need a dozen of those little birds for a burp.

I have decided that I'm not feeding the finch anymore since they feel they need my garden food in their diet. :x

I do not think a motion detector watering system would work. So, I'm buying a couple of pin wheels and seeing if that helps. Laughing

That is one shiny pumpkin TV, but I like the one your dog was was sitting on. Smiling

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 05-27-2009

tvguy Wrote:What's in my Garden? Atlantic giant Pumpkins Big Grin I hope to make this one I grew look like a small one Wink

[Image: Pumpkinz.jpg]

OK, I gotta know....is that you TVguy?

No silly that's a pumpkin Razz Yeah it's me.

Yeah it's shiny because it soaked up so much sun Laughing Actually the sun was peeking through my trees and weirdly hitting the pumpkin that's why I took the picture.

Re: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 05-28-2009

You think this deer is looking at my veggies through the fence? NOPE

[Image: HPIM0308.jpg]

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 05-28-2009

OK so what is she looking at?

[Image: HPIM0307.jpg]
When my dog left the garden and approached the deer the deer attacked my poor dog. My dog is 14 years old. That deer was not afraid. My pup is OK but is limping. :x

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 05-28-2009

cletus1 Wrote:[Image: HPIM0307.jpg]
When my dog left the garden and approached the deer the deer attacked my poor dog. My dog is 14 years old. That deer was not afraid. My pup is OK but is limping. :x

Poor dog.

I would shoot that bastard and have him with some Fava beans SLUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRPPPpppppppp

Beat me whip me kick me molest the wife and kids OK but NO ONE messes with my dog!!!!!

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 05-28-2009

tvguy Wrote:I would shoot that bastard and have him with some Fava beans SLUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRPPPpppppppp

Beat me whip me kick me molest the wife and kids OK but NO ONE messes with my dog!!!!!

It would barley be a nibble. You are vicious, gun slinging, bird killer is what you are.

Hey Larry, How long do you let deer hang in the garage. I think I was supposed to drive around with it tied to my car for a while, but I skipped that step because it's not hunting season. :roll:

My dog has been traumatized. She looked suspiciously into the trees when we went back out. :x

I think that that deer could have a fawn. I know eary summer is the birthing season. She sure was acting crazy.

Re: What's in your garden? - Cometmom - 05-28-2009

Clete, we used to have a dalmation when we lived in GH. Unfortunately he got out one 4th of July and ran onto the freeway. He was a great dog. A little neurotic, but a great companion.

TV, I am always leery of any pictures you post. You are the master of Photoshop so I am thinking maybe this pumpkin picture isn't the real deal. Razz

Re: What's in your garden? - Larry - 05-28-2009

cletus1 Wrote:Hey Larry, How long do you let deer hang in the garage. I think I was supposed to drive around with it tied to my car for a while, but I skipped that step because it's not hunting season. :roll:

My dog has been traumatized. She looked suspiciously into the trees when we went back out. :x

I think that that deer could have a fawn. I know eary summer is the birthing season. She sure was acting crazy.
Hanging should be from a couple days to a week or more, depending on the weather and time of year. With this heat and out of season, I would cut it up NOW!!!!!! Wink

Most fawns are born after the first of June, so she could be in labor or possibly dropped one recently.

Cometmom Wrote:Clete, we used to have a dalmation when we lived in GH. Unfortunately he got out one 4th of July and ran onto the freeway. He was a great dog. A little neurotic, but a great companion.

TV, I am always leery of any pictures you post. You are the master of Photoshop so I am thinking maybe this pumpkin picture isn't the real deal. Razz

Well you are right to be suspicious but if I had used photoshop that punkin would be a lot bigger Big Grin

Like this.... Laughing Laughing Laughing[Image: PumpkinzPSed.jpg]

Quote:Hanging should be from a couple days to a week or more, depending on the weather and time of year. With this heat and out of season, I would cut it up NOW!!!!!!

Yeah but you can still age the meat,when I've killed deer and it was too hot to hang I just quartered them and put them in my old fridge in my shop for about 10 days.

BTW the fawn would really be tender Big Grin Razz

Re: What's in your garden? - Larry - 05-28-2009

tvguy Wrote:
Quote:Hanging should be from a couple days to a week or more, depending on the weather and time of year. With this heat and out of season, I would cut it up NOW!!!!!!

Yeah but you can still age the meat,when I've killed deer and it was too hot to hang I just quartered them and put them in my old fridge in my shop for about 10 days.

BTW the fawn would really be tender Big Grin Razz
Aging in the fridge would be recommended over hanging when it involves poaching........ Cool

I've seen it still remain hot when deer season started. I admit I once killed a deer who was hit by a car and his back was broken. I put it out of it's misery took it home and ate it. Road kill yum Razz

My wife brought home a live deer in the cab of our pickup once. She hit it and thought it was dead and she couldn't lift it high enough to get it in the pick up bed so she stuffed it in the front Razz

She freaked out and started crying when she turned on the dome light and the deer was looking right at her. Shades of Tommy boy Laughing