RogueValleyForum.com
What's in your garden? - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: What's in your garden? (/showthread.php?tid=3997)

RE: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 08-06-2016

(08-06-2016, 04:00 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(08-06-2016, 03:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-06-2016, 01:02 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-06-2016, 11:11 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 05:07 PM)Juniper Wrote: I think all you pot gardeners need a separate thread!  I come looking for cucumbers and tomatoes and get page after page of pot. I don't care if you grow it, but....I just don't care!

Do you realize if the TWO of us who didn't post pictures of pot..... There STILL would not have been any more or less pictures of tomatoes or cucumbers to look at?

Would you like a picture of some cheese to go with your whine Razz
HEY!  I'm not whining. I am making a progressive suggestion that you deserve a whole new thread!  One I can go to and look at all your amazing photos without being interrupted by shiny red tomatoes or or spaceship squashes!  OK?

HEY! I was  kidding hence the little face with the tongue sticking out. Smiling

There already is was a thread just for pot plants. I started it. I couldn't find it again so I just posted weed stuff here.

TVguy, go to your happy place. I believe that would be the garage.  Laughing

It is indeed Big Grin  

[Image: wh1r36.jpg]

RE: What's in your garden? - Valuesize - 08-06-2016

(08-06-2016, 04:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-06-2016, 11:07 AM)tvguy Wrote: Awesome. I originally thought that was just a pic you got off the internet. When and how old were your plants when you planted them?

My wife say's there's no way Wasabi is 6 feet tall  LOL

I think the photo was taken from a higher elevation than Wasabi was standing making him appear shorter.

RE: What's in your garden? - Juniper - 08-06-2016

(08-06-2016, 03:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-06-2016, 01:02 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-06-2016, 11:11 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 05:07 PM)Juniper Wrote: I think all you pot gardeners need a separate thread!  I come looking for cucumbers and tomatoes and get page after page of pot. I don't care if you grow it, but....I just don't care!

Do you realize if the TWO of us who didn't post pictures of pot..... There STILL would not have been any more or less pictures of tomatoes or cucumbers to look at?

Would you like a picture of some cheese to go with your whine Razz
HEY!  I'm not whining. I am making a progressive suggestion that you deserve a whole new thread!  One I can go to and look at all your amazing photos without being interrupted by shiny red tomatoes or or spaceship squashes!  OK?

HEY! I was  kidding hence the little face with the tongue sticking out. Smiling

There already is was a thread just for pot plants. I started it. I couldn't find it again so I just posted weed stuff here.

I know  you were kidding. Wink

RE: What's in your garden? - Juniper - 08-10-2016

I C & P part of the article and it came up in these weird quotes.  But it seemed to fit the new theme here. Smiling

http://www.mailtribune.com/news/20160810/man-discovers-marijuana-stalks-inside-rogue-river-park-porta-potty
[Image: AR-160819952.jpg&MaxW=650]

Quote:Someone in the town of Rogue River is taking the porta-pot idea a bit too literally for the likes of local police.
Quote:A man walking his dog just before 9 a.m. today through the city's Anna Classick Park stopped to use the park's portable toilet and found it already in use — by a huge stash of marijuana plants.
Quote:Eight stalks of freshly cut plants as tall as 6 feet high were in the stall, without the red "occupied" warning on the door.
Quote:"It's the biggest seizure ever in our department," Rogue River Police Chief Ken Lewis says. "We've never seized that much. Who would have thought it would come from a porta-potty?"
Quote:Lewis says he didn't weigh the plants, but some of the stalks were as wide as 4 inches and loaded with marijuana buds.

RE: What's in your garden? - Valuesize - 08-10-2016

It's good to hear Chief Lewis is still looking after the good folks of RR. On more than one occasion he calmly convinced me it wasn't in my or my families best interest to throw my horrendous neighbor off the building.  Cool

Question. If these plants were stolen (likely?), could there owner recover them?

RE: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 08-10-2016

(08-10-2016, 06:30 PM)Juniper Wrote: I C & P part of the article and it came up in these weird quotes.  But it seemed to fit the new theme here. Smiling

http://www.mailtribune.com/news/20160810/man-discovers-marijuana-stalks-inside-rogue-river-park-porta-potty

Quote:Someone in the town of Rogue River is taking the porta-pot idea a bit too literally for the likes of local police.
Quote:A man walking his dog just before 9 a.m. today through the city's Anna Classick Park stopped to use the park's portable toilet and found it already in use — by a huge stash of marijuana plants.
Quote:Eight stalks of freshly cut plants as tall as 6 feet high were in the stall, without the red "occupied" warning on the door.
Quote:"It's the biggest seizure ever in our department," Rogue River Police Chief Ken Lewis says. "We've never seized that much. Who would have thought it would come from a porta-potty?"
Quote:Lewis says he didn't weigh the plants, but some of the stalks were as wide as 4 inches and loaded with marijuana buds.

I don't see any buds. It looks like an immature plant that someone was having fun with. If I were to guess why it was disgarded, it might have been an extra plant. Now that marijuana is starting to flower, growers are dumping the extras to stay within the limits. It was probably one of the worst looking plants at the grow site. Just speculating of course.

RE: What's in your garden? - chuck white - 08-10-2016

This weed taste like shit.

RE: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 08-11-2016

(08-10-2016, 10:21 PM)chuck white Wrote: This weed taste like shit.

I heard it was some really good shit.

RE: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 08-11-2016

I have seen this story on the news for two days. What a bunch of nonsense. It is not worth more than a brief mentioning. It's proof that nothing is really happening here in the valley and TV airtime must be filled.

RE: What's in your garden? - GPnative - 08-11-2016

(08-11-2016, 11:04 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I have seen this story on the news for two days. What a bunch of nonsense. It is not worth more than a brief mentioning. It's proof that nothing is really happening here in the valley and TV airtime must be filled.

More and more I find myself just shaking my head with the choice of "news" the local affiliates cover.

On a related note, channel 12 has an embarrassing amount of spelling errors in their graphics.  There was one just last night "bearning" instead of "burning".  Call me old fashioned, but if you are a news agency broadcasting to an entire geographic area you'd think you would maintain a level of professionalism that included knowing how to spell or at least having someone proof read before airing. Yes, I get everyone makes mistakes, but this is an ongoing problem and some of the mistakes have been pretty bad and if you're the anchor with a poorly spelled graphic over your shoulder, it kind of makes you look like a doofus.

RE: What's in your garden? - Juniper - 08-11-2016

(08-11-2016, 11:41 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(08-11-2016, 11:04 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I have seen this story on the news for two days. What a bunch of nonsense. It is not worth more than a brief mentioning. It's proof that nothing is really happening here in the valley and TV airtime must be filled.

More and more I find myself just shaking my head with the choice of "news" the local affiliates cover.

On a related note, channel 12 has an embarrassing amount of spelling errors in their graphics.  There was one just last night "bearning" instead of "burning".  Call me old fashioned, but if you are a news agency broadcasting to an entire geographic area you'd think you would maintain a level of professionalism that included knowing how to spell or at least having someone proof read before airing. Yes, I get everyone makes mistakes, but this is an ongoing problem and some of the mistakes have been pretty bad and if you're the anchor with a poorly spelled graphic over your shoulder, it kind of makes you look like a doofus.

I think the local news casts come off like high school renditions of
"The News".

(08-11-2016, 11:50 AM)Juniper Wrote:

I think the local news casts come off like high school renditions of
"The News".

That's a good descriptor

RE: What's in your garden? - Valuesize - 08-11-2016

My guess is the stations down there with small viewing audiences are where beginners in all aspects of broadcasting cut their teeth, so to speak. Not an excuse but still....

Maybe if viewers called in or emailed about the issue, they may up their game a bit.

(08-11-2016, 12:32 PM)Valuesize Wrote: My guess is the stations down there with small viewing audiences are where beginners in all aspects of broadcasting cut their teeth, so to speak. Not an excuse but still....

Maybe if viewers called in or emailed about the issue, they may up their game a bit.

Deer NoosWatch12,

So I are uhnoyed bye yer pourly spelt grafics.

Pleese cereckt or yooz sphellchek

Sencerrly,

I.B. Spelling

RE: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 08-11-2016

What cracks me up is when someone in the studio talks to a reporter on scene across town and there is this 2 or 3 second delay as if It's a satellite feed from here to Israel or something LOL.

RE: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 08-11-2016

(08-10-2016, 07:43 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(08-10-2016, 06:30 PM)Juniper Wrote: I C & P part of the article and it came up in these weird quotes.  But it seemed to fit the new theme here. Smiling

I don't see any buds. It looks like an immature plant that someone was having fun with. If I were to guess why it was disgarded, it might have been an extra plant. Now that marijuana is starting to flower, growers are dumping the extras to stay within the limits. It was probably one of the worst looking plants at the grow site. Just speculating of course.

It looks like an immature plant that someone was having fun with If I were to guess why it was disgarded, it might have been an extra plant.

There were eight plants.

RE: What's in your garden? - Someones Dad - 08-11-2016

Their website is just as bad.

RE: What's in your garden? - Juniper - 08-11-2016

(08-11-2016, 12:32 PM)Valuesize Wrote: My guess is the stations down there with small viewing audiences are where beginners in all aspects of broadcasting cut their teeth, so to speak. Not an excuse but still....

That's true, but 15  years ago it was more professional than the stations now. They seemed to have older, possibly more seasoned newscasters.

RE: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 08-18-2016

[Image: 4tljfa.jpg]

RE: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 08-18-2016

[Image: 11qgsgo.jpg]