RogueValleyForum.com
What's in your garden? - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: What's in your garden? (/showthread.php?tid=3997)

RE: What's in your garden? - Cuzz - 08-21-2016

Used to e acres of hops in the northern Willamette Valley too when I was a kid. I don't remember seeing any of late though. I guess there probably still there somewhere. If the vineyards haven't taken over completely.

Tia, I think you're supposed to cut them down to harvest.

RE: What's in your garden? - Juniper - 08-21-2016

(08-21-2016, 10:00 AM)Cuzz Wrote: Used to e acres of hops in the northern Willamette Valley too when I was a kid. I don't remember seeing any of late though. I guess there probably still there somewhere. If the vineyards haven't taken over completely.

I don't think it matters. I looked at a lot of pictures and videos.  Back in the day they were just picking off the buds. Most people do now. But if you do it by machine you would cut it down and THEN remove the buds.  The buds need to be open to the right amount so a big cut would leave many unripe buds on the cut vine.

RE: What's in your garden? - Cuzz - 08-21-2016

(08-21-2016, 10:22 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-21-2016, 10:00 AM)Cuzz Wrote: Used to e acres of hops in the northern Willamette Valley too when I was a kid. I don't remember seeing any of late though. I guess there probably still there somewhere. If the vineyards haven't taken over completely.

I don't think it matters. I looked at a lot of pictures and videos.  Back in the day they were just picking off the buds. Most people do now. But if you do it by machine you would cut it down and THEN remove the buds.  The buds need to be open to the right amount so a big cut would leave many unripe buds on the cut vine.

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking of the commercial growers I've seen.

RE: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 08-25-2016

[Image: 2ljkweo.jpg]

RE: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 08-25-2016

[Image: 157lmki.jpg]

RE: What's in your garden? - GPnative - 08-25-2016

(08-25-2016, 12:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: [Image: 2ljkweo.jpg]

The license plate chair is a nice touch  Big Grin

RE: What's in your garden? - Scrapper - 08-26-2016

Is that your house? The pot plants are bigger.

Posted via Tapatalk

RE: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 08-26-2016

(08-26-2016, 08:50 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
Is that your house?  The pot plants are bigger.

Posted via Tapatalk

The sleeping area is under the birdhouse.

RE: What's in your garden? - Valuesize - 08-26-2016

Posted via Tapatalk

GreenFrankenHouse.

RE: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 08-26-2016

(08-26-2016, 09:14 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

Posted via Tapatalk

GreenFrankenHouse.

The chair was wobbly and falling apart so I screwed three license plates to each side Smiling

Yeah a couple are as tall as the 8ft tall greenhouse but the pots are almost 2 ft tall.

RE: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 09-13-2016

I am ripping out more of the garden. I am leaving the peppers and tomatoes for now, the rest is going to the compost pile. Cucumbers, melons and beans are done for the most part. Now I will just water what's still producing. 

I get tired of the garden around this time every year. It's the reason I no longer plant a winter garden. 

By next spring, I will all anxious to start it all over again.  

Autumn is almost here. Enjoy these end of summer days which is IMO, the best part of summer here in the Rogue Valley.  Smiling

RE: What's in your garden? - GPnative - 09-13-2016

(09-13-2016, 10:18 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I am ripping out more of the garden. I am leaving the peppers and tomatoes for now, the rest is going to the compost pile. Cucumbers, melons and beans are done for the most part. Now I will just water what's still producing. 

I get tired of the garden around this time every year. It's the reason I no longer plant a winter garden. 

By next spring, I will all anxious to start it all over again.  

Autumn is almost here. Enjoy these end of summer days which is IMO, the best part of summer here in the Rogue Valley.  Smiling

That is a fact.

RE: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 09-21-2016

Used to be frost on the punkin that signaled autumn was here, now................
[Image: 155sxo7.jpg]

[Image: 25klkar.jpg]

[Image: 2nghjcx.jpg]

RE: What's in your garden? - GPnative - 09-21-2016

shit man, what the heck are you going to do with all that??

Rhetorical question, you don't need to answer Razz

I wonder what ODOT would think of your sign collection Wink

(09-21-2016, 12:24 PM)GPnative Wrote: shit man, what the heck are you going to do with all that??

Rhetorical question, you don't need to answer Razz

I wonder what ODOT would think of your sign collection Wink
Barter trade barter trade Big Grin

I don't know about the signs. I've picked them up at yard sales over the years. If they are cheap. I've cut them up and used them for different things, good strong aluminum.
I made a propeller for a wind generator with one.

I mounted it on top of my old Subaru so I could see how fast I had to go to get it to spin. OK O played with the photo a little.

[Image: 2ah5orc.jpg]

I found a better pic I didn't think I had.
[Image: 2ahf9kl.jpg]

RE: What's in your garden? - chuck white - 10-02-2016

Well, Rain and more rain.
We called it, time to harvest. Don't want mold setting in.
Man, our my fingers sticky.

RE: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 10-02-2016

(10-02-2016, 08:26 AM)chuck white Wrote: Well, Rain and more rain.
We called it, time to harvest. Don't want mold setting in.
Man, our my fingers sticky.

My buds aren't ready I think I have at least a couple more weeks to go. I'm extending the green house in case it rains a too much. Smiling
How do you determine when to harvest? By the color of the trichomes ?

[Image: biurdy.jpg]

RE: What's in your garden? - Juniper - 10-02-2016

I STILL feel like we need a separate thread for the pot grows. I don't mind them, but when I come to the garden thread and see a new post and it's regarding pot grows, I feel a bit deflated. Sad

RE: What's in your garden? - Cuzz - 10-02-2016

(10-02-2016, 01:05 PM)Juniper Wrote: I STILL feel like we need a separate thread for the pot grows. I don't mind them, but when I come to the garden thread and see a new post and it's regarding pot grows, I feel a bit deflated.  Sad

Why do we still call them grows? There legal now so aren't they just farms? Like any other crop?