RogueValleyForum.com
What's in your garden? - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: What's in your garden? (/showthread.php?tid=3997)

Re: What's in your garden? - siskiyou - 06-17-2009

tvguy Wrote:Hey Tagger, your maters should be looking like these Big Grin Razz

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22 ... n61709.jpg

Pfffffffffft!! My maters are waaaaay friggin bigger than those I just have to finish wiring the rows up since they grew faster than I anticipated and I didn't get it all done in time.

I have 34 tomato plants this year. Smiling

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 06-17-2009

That's a lot of tomatoes! Do you can them?

Re: What's in your garden? - siskiyou - 06-17-2009

Tia Wrote:That's a lot of tomatoes! Do you can them?

No. I am thinking I will be giving a lot of them away this year. I planted a bunch of them because I have a big garden area and usually plant things I KNOW will grow well for me. My pumpkins are kicking butt this year too. Actually everything except for my cantaloupe and my carrots are thriving.

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 06-18-2009

Yeah, well, that's a lot of tomatoes! Find homes for all that fruit! Smiling

34??? Surprised

Melons seem to be a bit finicky around these parts. I notice they did well in AZ. Is it a sun/heat/lenghth of summer thing?

Re: What's in your garden? - Cometmom - 06-18-2009

Tia Wrote:Yeah, well, that's a lot of tomatoes! Find homes for all that fruit! Smiling

34??? Surprised

Melons seem to be a bit finicky around these parts. I notice they did well in AZ. Is it a sun/heat/lenghth of summer thing?
You nailed it. They do like heat and not alot of moisture. When we lived in Vegas, I had a little garden in my back yard and I grew some really good sugarbaby watermelons. No luck with them here.

BTW Tia, I think my oregano flowers are almost ready for you. Do you want them fresh or can I pick them and have them drying for you?

Re: What's in your garden? - RobinBird - 06-18-2009

My bell peppers are getting blackish on the stalks where branches branch out. Does anyone know what that is? Too much water?

Cometmom Wrote:
Tia Wrote:Yeah, well, that's a lot of tomatoes! Find homes for all that fruit! Smiling

34??? Surprised

You nailed it. They do like heat and not alot of moisture. When we lived in Vegas, I had a little garden in my back yard and I grew some really good sugarbaby watermelons. No luck with them here.

BTW Tia, I think my oregano flowers are almost ready for you. Do you want them fresh or can I pick them and have them drying for you?

If they need to be picked you can pick them. I want them dry anyway. If you pick them, let me know and I can pick them up.

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 06-18-2009

siskiyou Wrote:
tvguy Wrote:Hey Tagger, your maters should be looking like these Big Grin Razz

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22 ... n61709.jpg

Pfffffffffft!! My maters are waaaaay friggin bigger than those I just have to finish wiring the rows up since they grew faster than I anticipated and I didn't get it all done in time.

I have 34 tomato plants this year. Smiling

Way friggin bigger?? yeah OK , where the proof mister, I'm a calling you out Razz I have 4 foot tall tomaters and they are thick and healthy.

Lets see em, I know you have a camera

OMG, it's a mater/pissing contest. :roll:

Re: What's in your garden? - APPLEGATE - 06-18-2009

Tomaters?? Lets see who has the biggest zucchini. If its a tie bring in the cucumbers. I can be a judge if needed.

Tia Wrote:OMG, it's a mater/pissing contest. :roll:

Damn skippy, and I want to see his his pumpkins too Razz here are mine...[Image: pumpkins61809.jpg]

And if he's got bigger tomatoes and punkins then I have a great big ol onion Laughing

Tia Wrote:
Cometmom Wrote:

34??? Surprised

If they need to be picked you can pick them. I want them dry anyway. If you pick them, let me know and I can pick them up.

No one is falling for your silly code talk, of course you want the ...err ..."oregano flowers" dry. DER, you can't smoke them other wise.

Re: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 06-18-2009

[Image: HPIM0363.jpg]

Here is a grape tomato plant. I'm going back out for a photo of some other bigger ones. Hey TV, nice Pineapples in the background. I didn't think they grew here. Laughing

[/quote]

No one is falling for your silly code talk, of course you want the ...err ..."oregano flowers" dry. DER, you can't smoke them other wise.[/quote]

Very funny TVguy. Big Grin You wouldn't happen to have any 'banana peels' for me, would you?

Quote:You wouldn't happen to have any 'banana peels' for me, would you?

Frantically searches for the complete idiots guide to dopers slang :shock: Confused

AHHH HA , I found it... Banana peels......

[Image: zigzagcutcorners7in.jpg]

tvguy Wrote:AHHH HA , I found it... Banana peels......

[Image: zigzagcutcorners7in.jpg]

Egggscelent!

Re: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 06-18-2009

I'll post garden photos tomorrow. I'm need to put someone in the photo for contrast. Someone real short.

cletus1 Wrote:[Image: HPIM0363.jpg]

Here is a grape tomato plant. I'm going back out for a photo of some other bigger ones.

Now your talking Big Grin

Quote:Hey TV, nice Pineapples in the background. I didn't think they grew here. Laughing

Yeah I have millions of those, weren't those identified the other day, I have an excellent crop of those and star thistles.

Your plants look great.

I have nice weeds Razz

[Image: weeds1.jpg]

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22 ... weeds1.jpg