RogueValleyForum.com
What's in your garden? - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: What's in your garden? (/showthread.php?tid=3997)

Re: What's in your garden? - APPLEGATE - 06-21-2009

Wonky, maybe you would like the song " Dead skunk in the middle of the road"? I have second joke about a possum but you need to ask very nicely to hear it.

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 06-21-2009

cletus1 Wrote:
tvguy Wrote:Trivial? what isn't ? this forum is rarely anything else, especially this thread. hey he was the one bragging all I want is a simple photo Smiling .

Let me think, who was it that was all freaked out about JT's alleged friend who supposedly took a picture in front of letterman's studio?

SisQ about popped a head vein trying to get a photo from that guy Razz Razz but he can't step in his back yard with a camera?

WAAAAA haaa hahahah

Yeah, Hahaha Ahh hahaha Laughing

Sisq has 34 tomato plants. Wow, I have 49 and I can post photos to prove it to Mr. Prove It himself.

Sisq was the one that talked about tomatoes like we were in a competition growing match. So where is that green thumbed braggart anyway?

Thanks for the tip on the black soil mulch TV Smiling

Sigh. I have 3 tomato plants. So all of you just shut it.

Re: What's in your garden? - Cometmom - 06-21-2009

Tia Wrote:
cletus1 Wrote:
tvguy Wrote:Trivial? what isn't ? this forum is rarely anything else, especially this thread. hey he was the one bragging all I want is a simple photo Smiling .

Let me think, who was it that was all freaked out about JT's alleged friend who supposedly took a picture in front of letterman's studio?

SisQ about popped a head vein trying to get a photo from that guy Razz Razz but he can't step in his back yard with a camera?

WAAAAA haaa hahahah

Yeah, Hahaha Ahh hahaha Laughing

Sisq has 34 tomato plants. Wow, I have 49 and I can post photos to prove it to Mr. Prove It himself.

Sisq was the one that talked about tomatoes like we were in a competition growing match. So where is that green thumbed braggart anyway?

Thanks for the tip on the black soil mulch TV Smiling

Sigh. I have 3 tomato plants. So all of you just shut it.

I have 6 but I think I planted them to close together. I will try to post a picture and you can be the judge.

Re: What's in your garden? - siskiyou - 06-22-2009

I'll take a pic to post tommorow. Would you like it with a tape measure in it to verify their height or would you like a phony low angle shot to make them look bigger like TVguy posted?

My corn is easily 4ft high now too. Wink

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 06-22-2009

siskiyou Wrote:I'll take a pic to post tommorow. Would you like it with a tape measure in it to verify their height or would you like a phony low angle shot to make them look bigger like TVguy posted?

My corn is easily 4ft high now too. Wink

Hey since your tomatoes are WAYYYYYY bigger in your words I don't think you need a tape measure or my camera tricks, do you?

I put my camera on a 5 gal bucket because that's all I had available so I could be in the photo for perspective. Who knew that made it phony? :wacko: I hope your tomatoes are WAYYY bigger although I doubt it. I couldn't find the huge plants that I usually buy, I have had red ripe tomatoes by June first twice so I won't be shocked if someone has older plants then me.

Re: What's in your garden? - WKYonc - 06-22-2009

APPLEGATE Wrote:Wonky, maybe you would like the song " Dead skunk in the middle of the road"? I have second joke about a possum but you need to ask very nicely to hear it.

I missed this on Wednesday.
"Dead Skunk In The Middle of The Road"? Did Beverly Sills record that?

You want me to beg and hug your ankles just to hear the story about the possum? I don't snivel. I'd pay, but not beg.

Re: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 06-22-2009

[Image: HPIM0399.jpg]

Yup, my tomatoes are pretty big too. That kid is 6 foot 2.

Re: What's in your garden? - APPLEGATE - 06-22-2009

Laughing

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 06-23-2009

Criminy! I don't care which one of you wins this pissing contest, all I want to know is can help you with the excess produce? Big Grin

Re: What's in your garden? - tagalong - 06-23-2009

An old Italian lived alone in New Jersey . He wanted to plant his annual tomato garden, but it was very difficult work, as the ground was hard.

His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison.. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:

Dear Vincent,
I am feeling pretty sad, because it looks like I won't be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over.. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days.
Love, Papa

A few days later he received a letter from his son..

Dear Pop,
Don't dig up that garden. That's where the bodies are buried.
Love,
Vinnie

At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left.

That same day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Pop,
Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.

Love you,Vinnie

Re: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 06-23-2009

Hey TV, I placed black compost around my melons and the okra. I will let you know if I see improvement in their growth.

I also picked 3 zucchini, 3 yellow squash and 1 patty pan squash today, so it officially begins. I got a few raspberries too. I plan to plant a couple short rows of raspberries plants so that I have more next year. Local raspberries are fantastic.

Re: What's in your garden? - APPLEGATE - 06-23-2009

cletus1 Wrote:Hey TV, I placed black compost around my melons and the okra. I will let you know if I see improvement in their growth.

I also picked 3 zucchini, 3 yellow squash and 1 patty pan squash today, so it officially begins. I got a few raspberries too. I plan to plant a couple short rows of raspberries plants so that I have more next year. Local raspberries are fantastic.

Would you post more pics of your garden. I very much enjoy them. Same goes for tvguy.

APPLEGATE Wrote:
cletus1 Wrote:Hey TV, I placed black compost around my melons and the okra. I will let you know if I see improvement in their growth.

Would you post more pics of your garden. I very much enjoy them. Same goes for tvguy.

Sure I'll post one of the first squash of the season being picked. I was just holding out for the giant Siskiyou tomato photos. My guess is that he is having a problem with adjusting the height of the plants or is working on a fake yard stick to put in the photo.

Re: What's in your garden? - APPLEGATE - 06-23-2009

If I stood by my tomatoes one would think I purchased dwarf plants. I'm a little tall.... 6foot1.

Re: What's in your garden? - Cometmom - 06-23-2009

Is it too late to put some cages around mine? I neglected to get some more and now my tomaters are growing every which way. They are big and beautiful but I fear they are out of control. I am working on pictures. My little 10 by 4 plot is so dwarfewd by Clete and TV's garden. I miss having a big garden, but I hardly have time for my little plot. Smiling

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 06-23-2009

[Image: cgbig.jpg]

tvguy Wrote:[Image: cgbig.jpg]
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 06-23-2009

Quote:Cletus,Hey TV, I placed black compost around my melons and the okra. I will let you know if I see improvement in their growth.

It will probably kill em Razz dead

Quote: CM.... Is it too late to put some cages around mine?

It's not too late if you can squeeze the plant together and have someone drop the cage down over the plant. I f not you can still just drive some stakes and tie up some branches.

On the other hand I've had lots of plants that just laid on the ground and still produced great tomatoes

tvguy Wrote:It will probably kill em Razz dead

Doubtful, I have been composting around my veggies for years. I just hate buying it.

Picked a few minutes ago. It is a little small, but I only let them get a little bit bigger. Small is best for stir fry, spaghetti sauce and some other uses. I'm not selling them by the pound, so I can pick when I want. Smiling [Image: HPIM0402.jpg]

Re: What's in your garden? - reelo - 06-23-2009

*Sigh* my 8 measely tomatoe plants are just beginning to flower. I am jealous you guys are already eating-- we might be able to snatch a few radishes and some spinach soon but we have about another month before anything major comes in.