RogueValleyForum.com
What's in your garden? - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: What's in your garden? (/showthread.php?tid=3997)

Re: What's in your garden? - APPLEGATE - 07-10-2009

I've been eating the immature shell peas like candy. I'm afraid there will be no peas for dinner. Spanking my hand won't stop the feeding. Laughing

Re: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 07-10-2009

APPLEGATE Wrote:I've been eating the immature shell peas like candy. I'm afraid there will be no peas for dinner. Spanking my hand won't stop the feeding. Laughing
My peas came and went weeks ago, I did however plant some more Swiss Chard, that will be my only remaining cool weather crop that I grow in the heat of summer.

Re: What's in your garden? - tagalong - 07-10-2009

cletus1 Wrote:
siskiyou Wrote:Let's see if I can get some answers to this question without it getting political: I am having some issues with Squash abortion, some of the little tiny fruits on my plants are shriveling up and dying, is this bugs or perhaps an unfertilized female flower?? I don't wanna hear if you are pro-choice or pro-squash life just some suggestions.
I believe it is a pollination issue too. I know it is quite common. Some of the squash wither on my plants every year. I cut them off right away so that the plant does not waste nutrients on them. Removing the deformed, hard or misshaped squash seems to stimulate the plant to put on more squash. The plants only goal is to make seeds. If you are not getting enough zucchini, you can hand pollinate. The link explains what I think you are describing.

http://green-change.com/2009/05/20/hand ... i-flowers
Thanks for the information and this Site, was noticing this very same problem with some of my squash plants today.

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 07-10-2009

cletus1 Wrote:
APPLEGATE Wrote:I've been eating the immature shell peas like candy. I'm afraid there will be no peas for dinner. Spanking my hand won't stop the feeding. Laughing
My peas came and went weeks ago, I did however plant some more Swiss Chard, that will be my only remaining cool weather crop that I grow in the heat of summer.

I still have peas.

Re: What's in your garden? - WKYonc - 07-10-2009

Tia Wrote:
cletus1 Wrote:

I still have peas.

What size can?

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 07-10-2009

Canned Peas! A sacrilege! Surprised

Tia Wrote:Canned Peas! A sacrilege! Surprised

If canned peas is a sacrilege, I'm on my way to hell in for damn sure.

How about all that stuff we do on Tuesday nights? It may not be sacrilege, but like I've told you a hundred times, "this just ain't natural".

Doomed, I fear.

Re: What's in your garden? - siskiyou - 07-10-2009

Tia Wrote:OK, Sisk, so, how did you prepare this evenings zucchini?

Split in half brushed with olive oil, salt, pepper, parma cheese and broiled on a cookie sheet, pretty tasty.

siskiyou Wrote:

Split in half brushed with olive oil, salt, pepper, parma cheese and broiled on a cookie sheet, pretty tasty.

Marry me Sisk. I need you.

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 07-11-2009

WKYonc Wrote:
siskiyou Wrote:

Marry me Sisk. I need you.

Well hell you could split a turd in half brush it with olive oil, salt, pepper, parma cheese and broiled on a cookie sheet and it would be tasty. Who needs the Zuke in that recipie Laughing They're 95 % water anyway Razz .

Re: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 07-11-2009

They're getting red. These are the grape tomatoes. All my other tomatoes are still green.
[Image: garden7-11-9.jpg]

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 07-11-2009

WKYonc Wrote:
Tia Wrote:Canned Peas! A sacrilege! Surprised

If canned peas is a sacrilege, I'm on my way to hell in for damn sure.

How about all that stuff we do on Tuesday nights? It may not be sacrilege, but like I've told you a hundred times, "this just ain't natural".

Doomed, I fear.

No, that's sacred.

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 07-11-2009

OK never mind, I was wrong the broiled turd still has an after taste even with the with olive oil, salt, pepper and parma cheese.

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 07-11-2009

tvguy Wrote:OK never mind, I was wrong the broiled turd still has an after taste even with the with olive oil, salt, pepper and parma cheese.

There you go, SurvivorType.

Re: What's in your garden? - Cometmom - 07-12-2009

I went out tonight and looked at my garden after being gone all weekend. I have a lemon cuke almost as big as a personal size watermelon. My tomatoes are going crazy. Some are caged and some not. No red ones yet but shouldn't be too much longer.

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 07-12-2009

Cometmom Wrote:I went out tonight and looked at my garden after being gone all weekend. I have a lemon cuke almost as big as a personal size watermelon. My tomatoes are going crazy. Some are caged and some not. No red ones yet but shouldn't be too much longer.

Better do something about that cucumber before it eats your town!

Re: What's in your garden? - orygunluvr - 07-12-2009

tvguy Wrote:OK never mind, I was wrong the broiled turd still has an after taste even with the with olive oil, salt, pepper and parma cheese.

Maybe if you peel it and wash it first the after taste might go away.

Re: What's in your garden? - tagalong - 07-13-2009

Been so careful looking under my zucchini plants, picking them at just the right size and you guessed it, one stayed hidden so is a monster. Half will get grated and looks like we have baked, with a filling for the rest. Mators, cukes, gr. peppers, summer squash coming on fast. Gr. beans a day or two away from picking and potatoes have had to be covered several time. Life is Good.

Re: What's in your garden? - Cometmom - 07-13-2009

Tia,
Let me know when you want to pick up your oregano flowers. They are ready and waiting.

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 07-13-2009

Cometmom Wrote:Tia,
Let me know when you want to pick up your oregano flowers. They are ready and waiting.

Whenever works for you. I'm flexible! Let me know a time and date.