RogueValleyForum.com
What's in your garden? - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: What's in your garden? (/showthread.php?tid=3997)

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 04-18-2009

What's in it? so far... 6 ace tomatoes and two Early Girls and a row of peas.

and almost 2 yards of new garden blend top soil. Oh yeah and a little patch of Walla Walla's

[Image: xcxcxcxc20.jpg]

Re: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 04-18-2009

tvguy Wrote:What's in it? so far... 6 ace tomatoes and two Early Girls and a row of peas.

and almost 2 yards of new garden blend top soil. Oh yeah and a little patch of Walla Walla's

Is your dog vegetarian?

I normally don't post photos of early gardens because they look needy. Laughing

I will post photos later.

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 04-18-2009

cletus1 Wrote:
tvguy Wrote:What's in it? so far... 6 ace tomatoes and two Early Girls and a row of peas.

Is your dog vegetarian? yes I got her in ashland

I normally don't post photos of early gardens because they look needy. Laughing

I heard that

I will post photos later.

Re: What's in your garden? - tagalong - 04-19-2009

So far, the only thing in our garden, is alot of hard work. Between the little tiller blowing up and having to dig the Old Mery Tiller out of retirement and get it going again ("Thank God," my Guy is a Master Mechanic) to finish up. Then putting up a 7ft chicken wire fence to keep the dogs and deer out. Add to that, my having a bout with the Gall Bladder, anything that required bending over wasn't something I could do. Hate going to the Doctor, but can't keep from doing my share. Have starter plants that need to go into the ground and fasteners on the fence bottem to put in.

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 04-19-2009

tagalong Wrote:So far, the only thing in our garden, is alot of hard work. Between the little tiller blowing up and having to dig the Old Mery Tiller out of retirement and get it going again ("Thank God," my Guy is a Master Mechanic) to finish up. Then putting up a 7ft chicken wire fence to keep the dogs and deer out. Add to that, my having a bout with the Gall Bladder, anything that required bending over wasn't something I could do. Hate going to the Doctor, but can't keep from doing my share. Have starter plants that need to go into the ground and fasteners on the fence bottem to put in.

I went through the Gall Bladder thing.

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 04-19-2009

Quote:Tia...I went through the Gall Bladder thing.

Cool, I haven't seen that yet at the amusement parks but I went through the hole in the redwood thing and the tunnel of love Big Grin

tvguy Wrote:

Cool, I haven't seen that yet at the amusement parks but I went through the hole in the redwood thing and the tunnel of love Big Grin

Wait till you try it. Wink Crying

Re: What's in your garden? - tagalong - 04-19-2009

tvguy Wrote:

Not A laughing matter, feels like someone stuffed a football under your right rib cage and pain radiates around your back. Feeling fairly good tonight and hopeing this is just another one of those times, that came and went. I know you were just jokeing, but pass a kidney stone someday TV Guy and see how that feels.

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 04-19-2009

Quote:I know you were just jokeing

OK then Big Grin

Yeah, gall bladder attacks HURT! They are very debilitating. What kind of things are you doing for your self for this Tagalong? But just to be clear here.....a gall stone passing through your gall bladder is indeed a painful affair, but it is not a kidney stone. I think I'd rather go with the gall bladder than the kidney stone. That's worse.

Re: What's in your garden? - tagalong - 04-20-2009

Tia Wrote:Yeah, gall bladder attacks HURT! They are very debilitating. What kind of things are you doing for your self for this Tagalong? But just to be clear here.....a gall stone passing through your gall bladder is indeed a painful affair, but it is not a kidney stone. I think I'd rather go with the gall bladder than the kidney stone. That's worse.
Just watching my diet and trying to avoid going to the Doctor. Sorry to say, that I hate the way Doctors bounce you around to several other Doctors or tests before they decide what's going on. Miss our old Family Doctor that seemed to poke and prode, tell you up front what was going on and what choices you had. Had this before and usually gets better in a few day to a week.
But back to the topic, got our 7ft fence all done, used a old screen door frame covered with chicken wire for a gate. Raked and shifted more rocks out of the soil, which I spread on the service road to the back woods. And soaked up the Sun, which felt darn good, for a change. Will probably hook up our Summer secondary water symptom that we disconnect, for the garden and back lawn, today. Since we have about an acre of grass, a small fruit tree orchard and our garden will have our work cut out for us.

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 04-20-2009

As far as the ailments YUK, I know I'm being an ass here and I know that tagalong had a logical reason to bring up her medical problems but I've told everyone I know that if I get old and think I have to tell every one I meet about what ails me then shoot me dead on the spot.
I have to work at the homes of seniors and for the love of God I wish someone would have told them to keep their sad sicknesses , sore this , ruptured that stories to themselves.

You guys are not an example of what I mean so don't beat me up too bad Laughing

Re: What's in your garden? - tagalong - 04-20-2009

tvguy Wrote:As far as the ailments YUK, I know I'm being an ass here and I know that tagalong had a logical reason to bring up her medical problems but I've told everyone I know that if I get old and think I have to tell every one I meet about what ails me then shoot me dead on the spot.
I have to work at the homes of seniors and for the love of God I wish someone would have told them to keep their sad sicknesses , sore this , ruptured that stories to themselves.

You guys are not an example of what I mean so don't beat me up too bad Laughing
I normally never talk about my aches and pains, but this time I guess it was to explain why I hadn't made that much progress on our garden. TV Guy if you work with seniors, "God Bless, You." Back when I had the Telephone Ans. Service, I had a group of older people I checked on and listened to their tail of woos, from the children that never came to visit, to how bad they were feeling and so on. Like you, I swore I would never do that and if so then put me out of my misery. But I do have a question, how old are you?

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 04-20-2009

Quote: I normally never talk about my aches and pains, but this time I guess it was to explain why I hadn't made that much progress on our garden.

I totally understand, you guys were just conversing and it just reminded me of some people who think you want to know all about their problems and they aren't all seniors.

Quote:TV Guy if you work with seniors, "God Bless, You."

Sometimes I work on their houses I'm an electrician Big Grin

Back when I had the Telephone Ans. Service, I had a group of older people I checked on and listened to their tail of woos, from the children that never came to visit, to how bad they were feeling and so on. Like you, I swore I would never do that and if so then put me out of my misery. But I do have a question, how old are you?[/quote]

Re: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 04-21-2009

Just wait one minute TV. Isn't your dog a pit bull? And aren't you the guy that supports a breed ban? Or am I going crazy? Surprised

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 04-21-2009

cletus1 Wrote:Just wait one minute TV. Isn't your dog a pit bull? And aren't you the guy that supports a breed ban? Or am I going crazy? Surprised

No she's an English mastiff, I've never heard of one biting anyone . And yes I'm still convinced that because of the lopsided amount of deaths and maiming from pit bulls compared to any other breed that the breed itself specifically has a problem.

The other day Judge Joe Brown wondered why out loud why anyone would want a pitbull knowing their reputation. Then he showed some chart or graph that I didn't see that presumably backed up his position.

Big Grin

[Image: mycat20.jpg]

Re: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 04-21-2009

Thanks for the close up photo. It was hard to tell her breed from the distance in the other picture. I have no further questions and your dog is free to go. Laughing

Re: What's in your garden? - Tribble - 04-21-2009

tvguy Wrote:Big Grin

[Image: mycat20.jpg]

I love this picture. What a cute dog!

Quote:I love this picture. What a cute dog!

Thanks tribble, here's a pic when she was about 5 weeks old, for some reason I thought I needed to perch her on one of my giant pumpkins Laughing

[Image: lola5weekscropped.jpg]