RogueValleyForum.com
What's in your garden? - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: What's in your garden? (/showthread.php?tid=3997)

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 08-02-2009

And I have ten foot tall sunflowers that finally have flowers. I held the camera as high as I could to take this pic and I can reach about 8 ft. :wacko:

[Image: garden8020900430.jpg]

Re: What's in your garden? - matilija - 08-02-2009

awesome, everyone, just awesome! Smiling
and as much as i love maters and chiles, this sunflower photo is spectacular. tvguy!

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 08-02-2009

matilija Wrote:awesome, everyone, just awesome! Smiling
and as much as i love maters and chiles, this sunflower photo is spectacular. tvguy!

Thanks Big Grin , here is a link to the photo before it was compressed to fit on the page

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22 ... 209004.jpg

Re: What's in your garden? - APPLEGATE - 08-08-2009

"bump" More pictures please oh please oh please.

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 08-08-2009

Sorry Applebutter but I don't have anything new to show. I have some Crazy big sunflowers Big Grin

[Image: Gardensaturday007z.jpg]

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 08-08-2009

You can see better here how tall they are Big Grin

[Image: Gardensaturday70skew.jpg]

Re: What's in your garden? - APPLEGATE - 08-08-2009

tvguy Wrote:Sorry Applebutter but I don't have anything new to show. I have some Crazy big sunflowers Big Grin

DANGER DANGER, WILL TV!!! Your flowers are in the power lines!!

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 08-08-2009

tvguy Wrote:And I have ten foot tall sunflowers that finally have flowers. I held the camera as high as I could to take this pic and I can reach about 8 ft. :wacko:

[Image: garden8020900430.jpg]

That's a neat picture, TV. You should come photograph mine too.

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 08-08-2009

tvguy Wrote:Sorry Applebutter but I don't have anything new to show. I have some Crazy big sunflowers Big Grin

Well, how is THE pumpkin doing?

Re: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 08-08-2009

Yes indeed, TV's photo of the single sunflower and the clouds could win a photo contest. Smiling

Re: What's in your garden? - WKYonc - 08-08-2009

cletus1 Wrote:Yes indeed, TV's photo of the single sunflower and the clouds could win a photo contest. Smiling

By cracky, that IS a fine photo. Should let the wife take more of 'em.

Re: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 08-11-2009

The Thai chilies are the only pepper that grow up, tomatoes do get red on the vine Razz , melon patch, some of the harvest.

[Image: Harvest8-11-09003.jpg]
[Image: Harvest8-11-09005.jpg]
[Image: Harvest8-11-09004.jpg]
[Image: Harvest8-11-09001.jpg]

Re: What's in your garden? - matilija - 08-11-2009

holy crap, cletus - that's a whole lotta peppers!
i bet that cantaloupe dripped juice all down the front of your shirt...

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 08-11-2009

Lookin good Cleter Big Grin

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 08-11-2009

Tia Wrote:

It's slowed down. I had a squash bug problem, I don't know what's going to happen. It's been so hot and I've been working a lot and the garden isn't the top priority when you are really tired and your free time is limited.

Re: What's in your garden? - WKYonc - 08-11-2009

tvguy Wrote:
Tia Wrote:

It's slowed down. I had a squash bug problem, I don't know what's going to happen. It's been so hot and I've been working a lot and the garden isn't the top priority when you are really tired and your free time is limited.

I gotta say, amazing that you accomplished what you did.

I mean, Cleter as you know has 3 hired hands, only goes into the garden for 12 minutes in the cool of the morning, but still shows a lot of nice pictures. Some of the pictures of course from his neighbors garden.
Clete just hates to sweat.
But loves to eat.

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 08-11-2009

tvguy Wrote:
Tia Wrote:

Well, hell, I thought at least you'd give it a drink of sugar water. Or milk.

Re: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 08-12-2009

I cut open a watermelon yesterday. It was ripe and sweet. I planted them on Mothers Day (May 12). Smiling

Re: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 08-12-2009

Today's eggplants, washed and ready for market. If you have eaten at a Chinese or Thai restaurant in GP, then you might have eaten Cletus Brand eggplants. There is only two Asian restaurants that I have not supplied, yet. These are just from today and this is my third harvest of this size.
[Image: eggplants8-12-09.jpg]

Re: What's in your garden? - WKYonc - 08-12-2009

cletus1 Wrote:I cut open a watermelon yesterday. It was ripe and sweet. I planted them on Mothers Day (May 12). Smiling

I have a growing dislike for you!

Well, not for you really, but you DON'T HAVE TO POST STUFF LIKE THAT for those of us who must buy melons trucked in from Spain that taste like sweet sawdust.

The eggplants, you can keep.

Or, give to TVguy...he just bought 40 pounds of Parmesan (?) cheese.