RogueValleyForum.com
What's in your garden? - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: What's in your garden? (/showthread.php?tid=3997)

Re: What's in your garden? - TennisMom - 07-04-2010

Tia Wrote:
TennisMom Wrote:I am a neophyte to gardening but the conventional wisdom is that lettuce should indeed be picked before it bolts. We picked up our mescaline salad greens the other day and they were lovely. We'll probably replant something in the now-empty spot; more lettuce, maybe?

Our tomato plants and squash are doing so well. Smiling

I know for myself, I don't pick the whole lettuce plant. I just take the exterior leaves. More grow in and take those. And then eventually the plant will bolt, but not till I've got two or three heads worth of greens off them. So, perhaps that what you are seeing, is lettuce that's been harvested a few times and then gone.

Mystery solved, thanks, Ti! Now I get it.

Clete, beautiful garden!

Re: What's in your garden? - Cometmom - 07-07-2010

I've got a couple of volunteer lemon cukes coming up. Gads !!!!! I will need to transplant them since they are right next to my maters.

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 07-07-2010

Peas. I'm still harvesting lots of snap peas. I think the heat will do them in. I'm in between right now. Nothing but green 'maters and immature squash, cucumber, peppers, lettuce, spinach and beans. No sign of the potatoes but I have faith.

Re: What's in your garden? - Cometmom - 07-09-2010

Anyone here know anying about Dahlias? I bought some gorgeous ones at the nursery, repotted them at home and they aren't blooming like they were when I bought them. The blooms are nickel size and seem to die right away. Any suggestions?

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 07-09-2010

Cometmom Wrote:Anyone here know anying about Dahlias? I bought some gorgeous ones at the nursery, repotted them at home and they aren't blooming like they were when I bought them. The blooms are nickel size and seem to die right away. Any suggestions?

Fertilizer? I plant my dahlias against my house facing north east. They only get morning sun till about noon or so. But they bloom like crazy. By the way, folks, I have a matilija flower that really needs to be divided and find some new homes if anyone is interested. Daylilies too, and 5 foot aster plants.

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 07-09-2010

My squash this year is strictly volunteers. I think that was probably a mistake, and I won't get much or good stuff. I also have some volunteer cherry tomatoes, I don't know what they will do, but I'm only going to allow a couple to live. Its' too bad all these hybrids can't be true to seed.

The jalapenos are producing. The bells are trying, so are the cukes, and beans, but the jolokias.....who knows? Unsure

Re: What's in your garden? - Cometmom - 07-10-2010

My tomatoes got a late start but my sunflowers are growing tall.

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 07-18-2010

It's grudging at best. The tomatoes are green and not a lot. I have six cucumbers, one has a cucumber on it. We got lots of lettuce, peas and cabbage, Now we wait.....and wait. I just can't stand the store brand tomatoes. My pilo de gallo tastes so much better with fresh local stuff but where to get them when you are busy weekmornings. No sign of the potatoes. I'm going to plant soon for fall: Bok Choy, beans, and broccoli.

Re: What's in your garden? - bbqboy - 07-18-2010

jan had tomatoes today right next to me.big cherries!

Re: What's in your garden? - illcommandante - 07-19-2010

It's starting to explode now. Even the okra. How will they hide me at The Fair? I remember when my wife won the grand prize at The Josephine County Fair for her Anaheim Peppers. The old retired chief from Rogue River (Who helped Debs Potts keep me out of The Chief's Club) told The Master Gardeners I was a "Nigger passing for white". They actually stole my wife's ribbon to keep it from going to the home of a Black. Now, we know that the black was just radiation from Hanford. And that The Master Garderners are a pack of racist shits. I always knew the fairgrounds was run by Klan because my Mom works closely with those thieves.

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 07-19-2010

Quote:I was a "Nigger passing for white"

You are a sick fuck and I don't know what you think you are doing but it's just sad.

Re: What's in your garden? - PonderThis - 07-19-2010

tvguy Wrote:
Quote:I was a "Nigger passing for white"

You are a sick fuck and I don't know what you think you are doing but it's just sad.

It depends on who's saying it. Here's a RVF quote you might recognize then, it's from Oct 25, 2009 12:38 pm:

tvguy Wrote:It's all about context IDIOT and you know it. I guess Steve Martin is a racist for using the word "nigger" in the JerK"

Or Mel Brooks blazing Saddles?? It's just a word and it's usually offensive but sometimes people can and do say the word out loud with out offending anyone. Often it is said to make fun of those who use the word intentionally to be offensive.

You can pretend you don't know that I was stating what a real racist was thinking when I used the offensive word, but that's simply more of your lies to try and make me look bad because you know exactly what I meant when I used that word.

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 07-19-2010

bbqboy Wrote:jan had tomatoes today right next to me.big cherries!

Like I'm supposed to know that there would be tomatoes at the swap meet. But I'll just have to remember to go on Thursday to the growers mart.

Ponder you are such a pathetic little punk. What on earth makes you think my whole objection was that this clown uses the word nigger???? yes I've used the word, it's offensive depending of how you use it because it's just a word.

But OBVIOUSLY this sick creepy lunatic LOVES the word IS OBSESSED and loves to plaster it all over this forum.

If you can't see that and the difference in me saying the word a couple times then you are a moron. Get over your hatred for me and get real , go save a fish from a painful hook.

It's that fact that his whole stupid dark skin hanford radiation klan mason murdering sheriff GARBAGE is JUST BULLSHIT that he loves to interject in to any thread .

It's disruptive , ignorant, rude crude vulgar sick with out rhyme or reason and has no place here.

Re: What's in your garden? - TennisMom - 07-19-2010

The basil is looking good and we have had several zucchinis already. Today we got one yellow squash and more lettuce. The pole beans are climbing, the tomatoes are coming along but have a ways to go and, AND we have five apples in our tree by our house. Yippeee. I hope the @#$%ing deer don't come along and scarf them. :x

tvguy Wrote:Ponder you are such a pathetic little punk. What on earth makes you think my whole objection was that this clown uses the word nigger???? yes I've used the word, it's offensive depending of how you use it because it's just a word.

But OBVIOUSLY this sick creepy lunatic LOVES the word IS OBSESSED and loves to plaster it all over this forum.

If you can't see that and the difference in me saying the word a couple times then you are a moron. Get over your hatred for me and get real , go save a fish from a painful hook.

It's that fact that his whole stupid dark skin hanford radiation klan mason murdering sheriff GARBAGE is JUST BULLSHIT that he loves to interject in to any thread .

It's disruptive , ignorant, rude crude vulgar sick with out rhyme or reason and has no place here.

Right, pretty much like your use of the word "Jap", huh? Perhaps you'd like some more quotes?

Quote:Right, pretty much like your use of the word "Jap", huh? Perhaps you'd like some more quotes?

Quote me all you want Other then being a total moron you aren't proving anything.

You know it's Pretty unusual that you showed up at the same time as Sally since you two are peas in a hippy pod. With your anti hunting anti fishing anti military, your absurd notion that there's a racist behind every tree ??

Did you two grow up in the same dopey hippy commune?

I made it VERY CLEAR what I had against JAPS and Asians. And that was that TOO many of them are ignorant and believe in bullshit mythology and are killing , trading trapping, and slaughtering endangered wildlife.

You know damn well that I'm not prejudiced toward Asians because of their race but you don't care as long as you can be Sally and try and smear me regardless of the truth.

Asians do better on IQ tests than Caucasians, their culture and civilization goes back farther than whites.What's to be prejudiced about??

I hate stupid ignorant people who think if they eat a turtle then they will live long like a turtle Or people who think Tiger parts or Rhino horns give them a sexual advantage.

I don't care WHAT COLOR THEY ARE!!! But they are Japs and they are Asians. This political correct crap has gone too far. I can't refer to the guy down the road from China as a Chinaman. I can't refer to the Japanese as Japs?

YES I CAN PONDER , and it doesn't mean I'm a racist just because you say so.

tvguy Wrote:
Quote:Right, pretty much like your use of the word "Jap", huh? Perhaps you'd like some more quotes?

Quote me all you want Other then being a total moron you aren't proving anything.

You know it's Pretty unusual that you showed up at the same time as Sally since you two are peas in a hippy pod. With your anti hunting anti fishing anti military, your absurd notion that there's a racist behind every tree ??

Did you two grow up in the same dopey hippy commune?

I made it VERY CLEAR what I had against JAPS and Asians. And that was that TOO many of them are ignorant and believe in bullshit mythology and are killing , trading trapping, and slaughtering endangered wildlife.

You know damn well that I'm not prejudiced toward Asians because of their race but you don't care as long as you can be Sally and try and smear me regardless of the truth.

Asians do better on IQ tests than Caucasians, their culture and civilization goes back farther than whites.What's to be prejudiced about??

I hate stupid ignorant people who think if they eat a turtle then they will live long like a turtle Or people who think Tiger parts or Rhino horns give them a sexual advantage.

I don't care WHAT COLOR THEY ARE!!! But they are Japs and they are Asians. This political correct crap has gone too far. I can't refer to the guy down the road from China as a Chinaman. I can't refer to the Japanese as Japs?

YES I CAN PONDER , and it doesn't mean I'm a racist just because you say so.

Right. When tvguy is being offensive, that's just good community dialogue. When it's someone else being offensive, you feel entitled to jump all over them. And what does this have to do with gardening?

The Chinese have all of our Walmart money so now they can afford to leave their hut move to the city and slurp up that shark fin soup.
The Japs have over fished their own fishing grounds and for barbaric reasons can't live without whale oil and whale meat so they send whole whaling fleets to Antarctica to butcher whales that most of the civilized world agreed to protect.
Fuck the Japs. Any of you limp dick weasels listening want to explain why you think you have to eat endangered animals just to get a freaking boner?
Don't get me started Laughing

And all the while this goes on, Ponder has made a stand, he's worried about deer or fish feeing pain in Oregon :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: Brilliant Ponder , way to choose your battles.

Quote:Ponder...Right. When tvguy is being offensive, that's just good community dialogue. When it's someone else being offensive, you feel entitled to jump all over them. And what does this have to do with gardening?

Hey Mr dense, My complaint was about sicko commandant posting crap that has NOTHING to do with gardening..derrr

Hey ponder just because YOU say my using the word Jap is offensive, that doesn't make it so.

what does THIS have to do with gardening you idiot? ....

The old retired chief from Rogue River (Who helped Debs Potts keep me out of The Chief's Club) told The Master Gardeners I was a "Nigger passing for white". They actually stole my wife's ribbon to keep it from going to the home of a Black. Now, we know that the black was just radiation from Hanford. And that The Master Garderners are a pack of racist shits. I always knew the fairgrounds was run by Klan because my Mom works closely with those thieves.

Yeah this crap on just about every thread every day is just exactly like me using the word Jap :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: