RogueValleyForum.com
What's in your garden? - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: What's in your garden? (/showthread.php?tid=3997)

Re: What's in your garden? - Wonky - 09-05-2010

reelo Wrote:Ahh, ethylene Smiling

Ah, indeed! I dated Ethylene in high school. She would only put out to friends. She didn't have any enemy's.

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 09-07-2010

Well, the cold snap put a wet blanket on the cucumber production. The cool weather crops, cabbage, peas, lettuce, radish, bok choy are all getting stronger. Still lots of tomatoes, medium peppers. Not enough jalapenos. Two bells the length of my for arms, but a lot fuller. Really huge. I should get a picture. Still no peppers off the ghost peppers. Not one.

Re: What's in your garden? - charlie - 09-08-2010

Forgot to check for squash and green bean yesterday, now the plants are all wet from the good rain, we needed. Guess I won't be digging in my Archaeology dig today,won't be able to sift very well. Was thinking about replanting lawn where I'm digging out St. Johns Wort but might just turn it into another garden area, since it's gotten so big, but would have to come up with something the deer didn't like. I sure know digging has caused some sore stomach and leg muscles, but lost some pounds, so it's a good thing.

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 09-11-2010

Overrun with tomatoes.

Re: What's in your garden? - Queue - 09-11-2010

Tia Wrote:Overrun with tomatoes.

Let us hope they ripen.

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 09-12-2010

Queue Wrote:

Let us hope they ripen.

I meant ripe ones. And more are ripening. Only my cucumbers have really just stopped production.

Re: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 09-12-2010

Me too. I have a friend coming over this morning to relieve me of more tomatoes.

Here is a simple recipe you might want to try. Slice a large ripe garden fresh tomato about 1 quarter inch thick, top with small amout of queso fresco and roughly chopped Thai or sweet basil then drizzle a few drops of quality balsamic vinegar on top. I think you will love it.

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 09-12-2010

cletus1 Wrote:

Me too. I have a friend coming over this morning to relieve me of more tomatoes.

Here is a simple recipe you might want to try. Slice a large ripe garden fresh tomato about 1 quarter inch thick, top with small amout of queso fresco and roughly chopped Thai or sweet basil then drizzle a few drops of quality balsamic vinegar on top. I think you will love it.

Sounds good I suppose except for the 1/4 inch part. Slices that thin are for cheap hamburger joints Laughing

I've never had this queso fresco cheese before.

My wife bought one of those roasted chickens at Costco and I ate it for lunch like 5 days in a row. The reason it didn't get boring is because I also had a whole plate of delicious tomatoes.

Queso Fresco is super yummy. I am planning to make some quark.

[Image: DSCN1306+-+Kopie.JPG]

[quote="Tia"]Queso Fresco is super yummy. I am planning to make some quark.

You're gonna fart in the bath tub?

I don't need no dad burn messican cheese I onlyiest eat AMERICAN cheese

[Image: kraft.jpg]

tvguy Wrote:I don't need no dad burn messican cheese I onlyiest eat AMERICAN cheese

[Image: kraft.jpg]

Perfect! More for me!! Big Grin Keep your plastic cheese! Big Grin

Re: What's in your garden? - tvguy - 09-15-2010

If costco has this queerzo fresca cheese I'll be trying it tonight Big Grin

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 09-20-2010

tvguy Wrote:If costco has this queerzo fresca cheese I'll be trying it tonight Big Grin

That's so gay! Big Grin

I cannot believe you've never had this cheese....it's a young cheese, so it's delicious raw or just melted. Really mild. On fresh corn tortillas? Heaven!

Not having a Costco card, I have no idea if they carry it, but I suppose they do.

Re: What's in your garden? - root - 09-20-2010

Wasn't there a issue concerning non-pasteurized Queso Fresco a few years ago?

This rain is giving me a head start on this winter's crops preparing my growing areas. I usually go mostly with volunteer varieties but I've feeling like I should try an exotic import this year. Maybe sometime in a bright orange or red.

This picture isn't actually my garden. Obviously this garden has to be by a master gardener. I don't think I'll ever be able to get fill in like in the pic, but I can try. Smiling

[Image: photo2.jpg]

Re: What's in your garden? - Tia - 09-20-2010

root Wrote:Wasn't there a issue concerning non-pasteurized Queso Fresco a few years ago?

Like about 10 years ago or something. Wasn't there an issue about salmonella contaminated eggs recently?

Tia Wrote:
root Wrote:Wasn't there a issue concerning non-pasteurized Queso Fresco a few years ago?

Like about 10 years ago or something. Wasn't there an issue about salmonella contaminated eggs recently?

You don't say?

Are you one of those news junkies or something?

Re: What's in your garden? - A. T. - 09-27-2010

root Wrote:This rain is giving me a head start on this winter's crops preparing my growing areas. I usually go mostly with volunteer varieties but I've feeling like I should try an exotic import this year. Maybe sometime in a bright orange or red.

This picture isn't actually my garden. Obviously this garden has to be by a master gardener. I don't think I'll ever be able to get fill in like in the pic, but I can try. Smiling

[Image: photo2.jpg]
Looks like the stuff i have been FIGHTING in Santa Cruz. The flowers are getting mold on the stems that sometimes affects the buds. A friend from Ashland showed me how he keeps the mold down. 2 tablespoons of raw honey dissolved to a gallon of water then sprayed. Honey kills mold and I am feeding sugars now anyway, so...
If I find a rust or black spot on a stem I just swipe a fingerful of raw honey on the spot or a fresh pruning wound.. it kills and prevent the spread of the mold.
The flowers are full and almost all ready. Another week and my trimming fingers will be so sore.
Twitch
At least my fingers are crazy

Re: What's in your garden? - cletus1 - 09-30-2010

Deformed vegetables. I have tomatoes with protrusions and other tomatoes with indentations. I am wondering if tomatoes reproduce the human way. Want photos? Big Grin