RogueValleyForum.com
new to me - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Debate (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: new to me (/showthread.php?tid=7949)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

new to me - Tiamat - 01-02-2012

Yes, insomnia again.Dry I'm keeping busy goofing off in a way that wont wake the house guests.... Question? Youngest is going very soon to military. (yep, us lefties!) My quetion.....where to go for a goodbye gettogether with extended family? I'm all done with trying to get together at home...too crowded. Places? Not Applebees, Outback or Red Robin's...No Ho's yech, too pre fab in the food department. 4 daughters? DIL has never been there? Somewhere with easy atmosphere and a good atmosphere. And I won't even consider Touvelle if Larry isn't there, so that's that. Any ideas? Family style but alcohol ok. Gotta be here in Medford, or CP or we just won't meet up well. We don't want the baby (3 years old) to come, but might if no one can watch him. Ideas?

RE: new to me - Scrapper - 01-02-2012

I've never been to 4 Daughters, but I've heard good things about it.
Sorry, other than that I'm not much help.
Good luck to your youngest son, Tia.

RE: new to me - Larry - 01-02-2012

The Angelos Pizza in Phoenix has a good back room for a large group, but that may be too far out of town for you.

As for Touvelle, I haven't been invited.... Wink

RE: new to me - bbqboy - 01-02-2012

Wild River on 99.

RE: new to me - broadzilla - 01-02-2012

I will second the Wild River idea.

RE: new to me - cletus1 - 01-02-2012

(01-02-2012, 08:50 AM)broadzilla Wrote: I will second the Wild River idea.
That's where I tried to hook you up with your soul mate. Blink

RE: new to me - Scrapper - 01-02-2012

Is the "Wild River on 99" affiliated with the Wild River in Grants Pass?
If so... they have pretty good food!

yes. and good beer. and close to Tia's house.

RE: new to me - Wonky - 01-02-2012

(01-02-2012, 10:11 AM)bbqboy Wrote: yes. and good beer. and close to Tia's house.

Times are hard. Cook some rice and beans, heat some tortillas, make some salsa, toss in a bit of meat and buy some beer. And for God's sake, don't get in a snit about "cleaning" before. It's all about being together, and any "home" is more intimate than a public venue.

But what do I know? I drink cheap beer.

(01-02-2012, 11:48 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 10:11 AM)bbqboy Wrote: yes. and good beer. and close to Tia's house.

Times are hard. Cook some rice and beans, heat some tortillas, make some salsa, toss in a bit of meat and buy some beer. And for God's sake, don't get in a snit about "cleaning" before. It's all about being together, and any "home" is more intimate than a public venue.

perhaps you missed the first post. Tia's son is off to the Army. It is a time for celebration, not penny pinching. That sucks.

(01-02-2012, 09:45 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 08:50 AM)broadzilla Wrote: I will second the Wild River idea.
That's where I tried to hook you up with your soul mate. Blink

My "soul mate" would not talk about his cat on a first date (and even fifth for that matter). Dry

I believe I have already met my soul mate, but time and circumstances were not right...and now that chance has passed us both by. Bittersweet, but the memories will live on in me forever.

Back to the topic...I really think that Wild River would be a good place Tia.

RE: new to me - Wonky - 01-02-2012

(01-02-2012, 12:30 PM)bbqboy Wrote:

perhaps you missed the first post. Tia's son is off to the Army. It is a time for celebration, not penny pinching. That sucks.

Perhaps you don't read the papers. It's time for penny pinching. Folks who fail to understand the difference between price and value often end up sleeping in their vehicle.
And what doesn't suck, blows.

(01-02-2012, 02:27 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 12:30 PM)bbqboy Wrote:

Perhaps you don't read the papers. It's time for penny pinching. Folks who fail to understand the difference between price and value often end up sleeping in their vehicle.
Again, it ain't my party. If you want to lecture tia and zinc, feel free.

(01-02-2012, 02:27 PM)Wonky Wrote: Perhaps you don't read the papers. It's time for penny pinching. Folks who fail to understand the difference between price and value often end up sleeping in their vehicle.

Wonky...tell your woman to bop you upside the head, because that was a really RUDE and HEARTLESS thing to say!Mad

(You can take a dig at me using the word suck in a topic, but leave personal circumstances out of your posts.)

I think maybe you might need a break from the forum or something, because you are getting mean and nasty again.Sad

RE: new to me - Crazylace - 01-02-2012

I'm not sure if this matters to you or not but Wild River isn't exactly a lefty friendly gathering place. Not that I tend to let politics dictate where I dine, but there is one place here in town that I haven't returned to since they made me sit next to a Bush/Cheney sigh while I tried to digest my food. Other than that, wood-fired pizza and salad are still pretty darn good.
I used to order the giant eclairs for dessert until one came out still frozen. Confused

Good luck to your son in his new career.

RE: new to me - tvguy - 01-02-2012

Wild River is an wxpensive upscale pizza joint for posersLaughing

Not the one in CJ..

RE: new to me - tvguy - 01-02-2012

(01-02-2012, 05:44 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Not the one in CJ..

Cuz CJ aint got no PosersRazz

I certainly wouldn't call it upscale! Cool

RE: new to me - hillclimber - 01-02-2012

(01-02-2012, 05:44 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Not the one in CJ..
I often play 9 holes at IV golf, then eat the buffet at Wild River, then play the back nine. I'm less than impressed with Wild Rivers food.. The buffet table is seldom full, and most times I'm waiting for another rather dry pizza or Calzone to come.. Salad's OK, with a pretty good selection of add ons.. Pizza at WR in GP is much better, IMO.. The only alternative in CJ is a pretty lousy oriental place across the street, or the Dairy Queen, which is not an option for me..