Craigslist funny stuff
(12-28-2020, 04:27 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 12:18 PM)tvguy Wrote: "USED AS AN EVERY DAY DRIVER FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS" Laughing With a 460?????
 Bulllllllllshit

1978 FORD F250 CAMPER SPECIAL - $6,500 (Central Point)

image 5 of 9
[Image: 00K0K_lk4gLFywziv_0lL0t2_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00x0x_fysmHISfS9m_0lL0t2_600x450.jpg]

[/url][url=https://medford.craigslist.org/cto/d/central-point-1978-ford-f250-camper/7253373018.html#]

1978 ford f250 camper special

condition: excellent
fuel: gas
odometer: 122000
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

460 V8 - 2WD - 122K MILES - CLEAN TRUCK, NO RUST. USED AS AN EVERY DAY DRIVER FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS BUT I HAVE SINCE BOUGHT A NEW CAR AND FIGURED I WOULD USE THIS TRUCK FOR DUMP RUNS AND FOR FUN BUT I JUST HAVENT USED IT ENOUGH. TRUCK HAD A TUNE UP RECENTLY. TITLE IN HAND -

I tried keeping an old truck for dump runs. Since that was the only time it got driven I'd have to fix something every time I needed to use it. So I sold it and bought a trailer, much cheaper! and less work.

Makes sense. So you don't have a garbage service available? I still keep a truck. An F-250 4x4 with a lumber rack. It has a 302 engine and overdrive so it's not bad on gas. Other than a battery very few years the only repair I have ever made in about 20 years  was a water pump.
And I jut put new tires on it that incredibly I bought off CL that came from a new Mercedes sprinter,
(12-29-2020, 01:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 12:18 PM)tvguy Wrote: "USED AS AN EVERY DAY DRIVER FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS" Laughing With a 460?????
 Bulllllllllshit

image 5 of 9

460 V8 - 2WD - 122K MILES - CLEAN TRUCK, NO RUST. USED AS AN EVERY DAY DRIVER FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS BUT I HAVE SINCE BOUGHT A NEW CAR AND FIGURED I WOULD USE THIS TRUCK FOR DUMP RUNS AND FOR FUN BUT I JUST HAVENT USED IT ENOUGH. TRUCK HAD A TUNE UP RECENTLY. TITLE IN HAND -

I tried keeping an old truck for dump runs. Since that was the only time it got driven I'd have to fix something every time I needed to use it. So I sold it and bought a trailer, much cheaper! and less work.

Makes sense. So you don't have a garbage service available? I still keep a truck. An F-250 4x4 with a lumber rack. It has a 302 engine and overdrive so it's not bad on gas. Other than a battery very few years the only repair I have ever made in about 20 years  was a water pump.
And I jut put new tires on it that incredibly I bought off CL that came from a new Mercedes sprinter,

I was hauling yard debris and other junk to the dump and lumber yard runs, mostly. I just got tired of being nickle and dime-ed to death by the truck mostly from disuse. I bought a trailer from a new(er) welding shop that opened near where I was at the time. They were selling their own design trailers, I think to fill in their time 'cause they were just getting their business established. I've had that thing for over thirty years now and just replaced the first bearing on it. I have no complaints and plan to keep it forever.

Glad I sold that truck.
I wish they’d put a limit on how many times people can repost the same wildly overpriced junk.
(12-29-2020, 08:01 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
 Bulllllllllshit

image 5 of 9

I was hauling yard debris and other junk to the dump and lumber yard runs, mostly. I just got tired of being nickle and dime-ed to death by the truck mostly from disuse. I bought a trailer from a new(er) welding shop that opened near where I was at the time. They were selling their own design trailers, I think to fill in their time 'cause they were just getting their business established. I've had that thing for over thirty years now and just replaced the first bearing on it. I have no complaints and plan to keep it forever.

Glad I sold that truck.
 I would have sold it too LOL
What do you drive that can pull that trailer. Because without my truck all I have is a Subaru and a Honda and neither one will pull anything very heavy.
(12-30-2020, 08:28 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I wish they’d put a limit on how many times people can repost the same wildly overpriced junk.

Yes Or how many YEARS they post something no one wants.

There is this guy on CL who post his ads every other day and he does not simply update his ads. He reposts them.
So if I flag or use the "hide" feature I still have to see his crap  every other day.
He' the guy with the "man cave wall art" Its the grill of a car that mounts on the wall for 750 bucks. And he advertises that he sandblasts under auto parts.
I don't think he EVER sells anything.
(12-30-2020, 03:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:
 Bulllllllllshit

image 5 of 9

Glad I sold that truck.
What do you drive that can pull that trailer. Because without my truck all I have is a Subaru and a Honda and neither one will pull anything very heavy.

I have another truck now but it has a shell on it so I don't haul yard crap or mulch and stuff in it. That's what the trailer is for. Having the trailer's nice, I can load stuff in it as needed and when it's full I take it to the dump. Then on the way home I pick up a load of mulch or compost and in one trip be done.
(12-30-2020, 03:47 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 04:27 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I tried keeping an old truck for dump runs. Since that was the only time it got driven I'd have to fix something every time I needed to use it. So I sold it and bought a trailer, much cheaper! and less work.

Glad I sold that truck.

I have another truck now but it has a shell on it so I don't haul yard crap or mulch and stuff in it. That's what the trailer is for. Having the trailer's nice, I can load stuff in it as needed and when it's full I take it to the dump. Then on the way home I pick up a load of mulch or compost and in one trip be done.

Got cha Smiling
(12-28-2020, 04:27 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I tried keeping an old truck for dump runs. Since that was the only time it got driven I'd have to fix something every time I needed to use it. So I sold it and bought a trailer, much cheaper! and less work.

Glad I sold that truck.

So you still HAVE a truck, just one that doesn't break down a lot. Gotcha.
(12-30-2020, 05:44 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 01:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:  Makes sense. So you don't have a garbage service available? I still keep a truck. An F-250 4x4 with a lumber rack. It has a 302 engine and overdrive so it's not bad on gas. Other than a battery very few years the only repair I have ever made in about 20 years  was a water pump.

Glad I sold that truck.

Uh, yeah, thirty years later. So, not "still", again.

But I already knew you had comprehension issues.
(12-30-2020, 05:54 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 08:01 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I was hauling yard debris and other junk to the dump and lumber yard runs, mostly. I just got tired of being nickle and dime-ed to death by the truck mostly from disuse. I bought a trailer from a new(er) welding shop that opened near where I was at the time. They were selling their own design trailers, I think to fill in their time 'cause they were just getting their business established. I've had that thing for over thirty years now and just replaced the first bearing on it. I have no complaints and plan to keep it forever.

Glad I sold that truck.

Comprehension goes both ways. You have a BETTER, NEWER, truck. Problem solved.

The point of the evolution of this thread was TV calling bullshit on ANYONE driving a truck with a 460 as a daily driver. I pointed out, and HE AGREED, if it was all a person had it could be their daily driver.  I perfectly understand when a truck has outlived it's benefit/usefulness.

But go ahead and disagree with the all around agreement.
(12-30-2020, 08:49 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 03:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:  I would have sold it too LOL

The point of the evolution of this thread was TV calling bullshit on ANYONE driving a truck with a 460 as a daily driver. I pointed out, and HE AGREED, if it was all a person had it could be their daily driver.  I perfectly understand when a truck has outlived it's benefit/usefulness.

The conversation moved on. You should have noticed by now that's how conversations evolve here.

And I solved my problem over thirty years ago, long before I even thought of buying the truck I have now.
(12-30-2020, 08:49 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 03:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:  I would have sold it too LOL

You both are right in away. Big Grin   I went and bought a truck today for my SIL. 89 chevy PU 124K the white paint came off in big blotches. For 1600 bucks. Old mans rig runs perfect 305 v8great engine.
He wrecked his and got a $1571 dollar insurance check that's now mine. So now he won't miss his job (carpenter)   where he has to have a truck.
I had one of those peeling paint trucks.
A guy told me that GM bought surplus primer from the military and that caused virtually all GM stuff to have sucky paint during that era. A great truck besides that.
Speaking of over priced crap that never sells I have been seeing this for years literally YEARS

[Image: babby-sleep.jpg]
This is a bullshit rip off way to stack and sell cords.

[Image: wood-ss.jpg]
(01-05-2021, 05:30 PM)tvguy Wrote: This is a bullshit rip off way to stack and sell cords.

tweekers ?
(01-08-2021, 12:40 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 05:30 PM)tvguy Wrote: This is a bullshit rip off way to stack and sell cords.

tweekers ?
I doubt it. Just an idiot IMO. There is way to much air in this so called cord.
We had this exact same cedar chest. I paid 20 bucks for it a few years back. Anyway I thought it was ugly and all we used it for was a catch all because we have another chest.
Anyway I was going to burn it andbut I found out it's not cedar at all but just a laminate that look just like cedar.
So I didn't burn it I sent it to the dump.
Anyway this idiot thinks he is going to get $777 Unsure  WTF even if it was cedar that's absurd.

[Image: cedar-chest.jpg]
(01-17-2021, 02:02 PM)tvguy Wrote: We had this exact same cedar chest. I paid 20 bucks for it a few years back. Anyway I thought it was ugly and all we used it for was a catch all because we have another chest.
Anyway I was going to burn it andbut I found out it's not cedar at all but just a laminate that look just like cedar.
So I didn't burn it I sent it to the dump.
Anyway this idiot thinks he is going to get $777 Unsure  WTF even if it was cedar that's absurd.

[Image: cedar-chest.jpg]

Ugly, be lucky if someone would take it for free.

As someone who has been using CL since it began, you can tell Facebook marketplace has had an impact, less new stuff coming up, making all those day after day reposting garbage assholes way more noticable. Not to say CL is dying, still plenty of activity, but half the daily ads are reposted crap.
The imposing of charging for car ads has certainly reduced those by a whole bunch.
But it added a whole bunch to the barter category.
Smiling