Did You Know That....

.....The Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter and The Twilight series all present worthy cases, but the Bible is actually the number one most shoplifted book of all time....
(12-25-2012, 10:05 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Now that I think about it, it does sound like bones breaking to me, and I do squirm because it sounds like someone being harmed right next to me.

LaughingLaughingLaughing Dude.... back off the estrogen patch.
Empathy isn't only a female trait, just because you happen to have none.
(12-25-2012, 10:15 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Empathy isn't only a female trait, just because you happen to have none.

What you say most of the time goes beyond empathy. It borders on pathetic.
Well, I think your views border on sadistic, so there.
Shit fire and save the matches. Mad
I have a question, for the few here that know me.

Do I lack empathy? Please, feel free to express your experiences in my presence.
(12-25-2012, 10:20 PM)Larry Wrote: I have a question, for the few here that know me.

Do I lack empathy? Please, feel free to express your experiences in my presence.

Did you know that....

....Though the public education system puts a major emphasis on sciences, only 55% of all Americans know that the sun is actually a star.
(12-25-2012, 10:23 PM)Clone Wrote: Did you know that....

....Though the public education system puts a major emphasis on sciences, only 55% of all Americans know that the sun is actually a star.

(12-25-2012, 10:20 PM)Larry Wrote: I have a question, for the few here that know me.

All we know is the public you. Your private you is meaningless to the forum.
(12-25-2012, 10:23 PM)Clone Wrote:

Did you know that....

I understand your desire to get back on your topic, but I would like an honest answer to my question. You met me once, at a benefit auction. Do I lack empathy? Am I an uncaring human being?

Based on your limited knowledge of me, I am asking you to defend me against an untrue accusation by your friend. Can you be honest?
(12-25-2012, 10:27 PM)PonderThis Wrote:

All we know is the public you. Your private you is meaningless to the forum.

I didn't ask your hypothetical "we", I specifically asked those who have met me.
You put forth an image on the forum, and that's the only image most of us know. How you are in person is meaningless to your image you portray here.

Unfortunately, agree, whatever I know, or anyone else knows it make no difference to those who know you by the face they perceive you by here.
(12-25-2012, 10:47 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Unfortunately, agree, whatever I know, or anyone else knows it make no difference to those who know you by the face they perceive you by here.

Fair enough. But I know better.

You do not lack empathy.
If it's true, if your belly button unscrews your ass will fall off.
watch out on the n0 m0re panic site mentioned......its the lunatics running the asylum. dodgy people in a dodgy place, trying to bring you down to their level. You might find some info there. but when they say the site is run by sufferers...they mean it. the admin & owner there are the low point. and their 'therapy' is often bringing you down with them…

the site has p////d off a lot of people because of the behaviour of "admin". People with the most issues have risen to the top (**** floats to admin status). lots of the admin enjoy reading arguments, because it takes their focus off their own problems. So often, the owner/admin/regulars will let arguments flourish. Sites been going 10 years....it can also degenerate, rather than be original and best.

It depends what you want.....if you want to bounce off it and say "I've got a headache," or "does anyone else get..." with a "yes, dont worry" reply, you might be ok. Its not a place of sound body and mind. There are some certifiable nutjobs on there. altho...they prob have good reason to be a nutjob.

If you find yourself going there and going "huh?" with the replies you get from the admin & some regulars (not to mention the replies you dont get because many good members have left) its not just you.

Empathy vs Sympathy

Some of us have a great deal of one but not the other.
(12-26-2012, 12:25 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Empathy vs Sympathy

Some of us have a great deal of one but not the other.

I was only accused of lacking one, so I addressed it.