Guns Guns Guns and more Guns... Everything that's Guns!
(04-24-2018, 08:34 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 12:41 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 06:39 PM)Juniper Wrote: Didn't this guy have  a history of trespassing at the White House?  I mean, you can follow the blame chain forever.

IMO there are two people to blame as far as how this nut got his guns back. The sheriff and the father.
But I blamer the sheriff most. I have no idea what right the father had to the guns. The shooter is 29 years old not a minor.

I would agree but I would blame the father most. That's assuming there is some provision in that state that directs the sheriff he can release the weapons to the father.

That's assuming there is some provision in that state that directs the sheriff he can release the weapons to the father

That's what I don't get. Why would there be "some prevision". What right would the father have to ANYTHING the son owns??
(04-24-2018, 08:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 06:39 PM)Juniper Wrote: Didn't this guy have  a history of trespassing at the White House?  I mean, you can follow the blame chain forever.

IMO there are two people to blame as far as how this nut got his guns back. The sheriff and the father.
But I blamer the sheriff most. I have no idea what right the father had to the guns. The shooter is 29 years old not a minor.

I would agree but I would blame the father most. That's assuming there is some provision in that state that directs the sheriff he can release the weapons to the father.

That's assuming there is some provision in that state that directs the sheriff he can release the weapons to the father

That's what I don't get. Why would there be "some prevision". What right would the father have to ANYTHING the son owns??

Some gun nuts are really nutty. It's more about someone owning the guns not so much whether someone should own the guns.

From an NPR news article, "...a spokeswoman with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, said even though Reinking was forbidden to have guns in Illinois, it didn't mean he couldn't have them in Tennessee."

and also, "...after Reinking's firearms were seized, deputies returned the guns to Reinking's father on the promise that he would "keep the weapons secure and out of the possession of Travis" — an act that was in accordance with Illinois law if Reinking's father had a firearms license of his own."
(04-24-2018, 10:37 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 08:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Some gun nuts are really nutty. It's more about someone owning the guns not so much whether someone should own the guns.

From an NPR news article, "...a spokeswoman with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, said even though Reinking was forbidden to have guns in Illinois, it didn't mean he couldn't have them in Tennessee."

and also, "...after Reinking's firearms were seized, deputies returned the guns to Reinking's father on the promise that he would "keep the weapons secure and out of the possession of Travis" — an act that was in accordance with Illinois law if Reinking's father had a firearms license of his own."
I just don't see why the father had any more of a right to the guns than anyone else.
Quote:APRIL 27--A Missouri woman who had a loaded handgun hidden in her vagina at the time of her arrest last year today pleaded guilty to weapons possession and narcotics charges.
[Image: anikawitt18x.jpg]

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/c...ase-482903
(04-27-2018, 09:29 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:APRIL 27--A Missouri woman who had a loaded handgun hidden in her vagina at the time of her arrest last year today pleaded guilty to weapons possession and narcotics charges.

Whole new meaning to packing heat.
(04-28-2018, 06:56 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Whole new meaning to putting one in the chamber.  Big Grin
(04-28-2018, 08:23 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(04-28-2018, 06:56 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Whole new meaning to putting one in the chamber.  Big Grin

A whole new reason to clean your gun.
[Image: 31435294_1699666536784503_68379944023469...e=5B5D8833]
(04-29-2018, 12:22 PM)Juniper Wrote: [Image: 31435294_1699666536784503_68379944023469...e=5B5D8833]

They had the same policy when I went to a Willy Nelson concert. I had to walk a mile back to my car because I had a Leatherman on my belt.
(04-29-2018, 12:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 12:22 PM)Juniper Wrote: [Image: 31435294_1699666536784503_68379944023469...e=5B5D8833]

They had the same policy when I went to a Willy Nelson concert. I had to walk a mile back to my car because I had a Leatherman on my belt.
Of course you did.  It's just not the point of why this is a funny meme.
(04-29-2018, 12:35 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 12:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Of course you did.  It's just not the point of why this is a funny meme.
I see why it's funny. But aren't firearms,accessories, knives or weapons of any kind are already prohibited anywhere "In the forum" when someone like the VP speaks?
Quote:Detectives told 21 News the man placed a revolver in the broiler section of the oven to keep it safe.
A woman who lives at the home then started using the oven to cook when the gun went off, according to police.
Detectives said the man was in the basement at the time and did not know the woman was cooking.
When he heard the first shot, he ran upstairs and tried to get the gun out of the oven, but it was too hot.
It fired again, striking him twice, according to police.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/38253171/warre...n-his-oven
(05-24-2018, 08:37 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Detectives told 21 News the man placed a revolver in the broiler section of the oven to keep it safe.
A woman who lives at the home then started using the oven to cook when the gun went off, according to police.
Detectives said the man was in the basement at the time and did not know the woman was cooking.
When he heard the first shot, he ran upstairs and tried to get the gun out of the oven, but it was too hot.

That story is impossible. I guess the gun could have fired once when the bullet fired because of the heat.
But it's a revolver. The second time it fired the bullet would not be in line with the barrel. It would just be in the cylinder.
Most likely the bullets exploded and the guy was hit with parts of the bullets or something.
(05-25-2018, 01:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:

That story is impossible. I guess the gun could have fired once when the bullet fired because of the heat.
But it's a revolver. The second time it fired the bullet would not be in line with the barrel. It would just be in the cylinder.
Most likely the bullets exploded and the guy was hit with parts of the bullets or something.

I suspected that the bullets on the side exploded first.  The one in the barrel would take longer to heat up.

[Image: revolver-myths-2.jpg]
(05-25-2018, 05:11 PM)chuck white Wrote:

I suspected that the bullets on the side exploded first.  The one in the barrel would take longer to heat up.

Yeah that makes sense. But it still doesn't make sense that when he tried to get it out of the oven "It fired again, striking him twice, according to police."

But I guess a bullet exploded and he was hit with two fragments.

I always thought it was funny that people assume if you throw rounds of ammunition in a fire the bullets would shoot out.
Seems to me according to the laws of physics the heavier lead bullet would stay and the lighter shell would be the one taking off. Laughing
(05-25-2018, 06:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yeah that makes sense. But it still doesn't make sense that when he tried to get it out of the oven "It fired again, striking him twice, according to police."

I always thought it was funny that people assume if you throw rounds of ammunition in a fire the bullets would shoot out.
Seems to me according to the laws of physics the heavier lead bullet would stay and the lighter shell would be the one taking off. Laughing
As I recall, they would have the same mv, mass*velocity. So if the slug weights ten times the shell, then it goes 1/10 the speed.
(05-25-2018, 10:31 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(05-24-2018, 08:37 PM)chuck white Wrote: http://www.wfmj.com/story/38253171/warre...n-his-oven

As I recall, they would have the same mv, mass*velocity. So if the slug weights ten times the shell, then it goes 1/10 the speed.
That makes sense I guess maybe Laughing The position of the round would make a difference. For instance if the slug was laying against something solid, like firewood then it probably would not go anywhere but the shell would be the only one moving.
(05-25-2018, 10:42 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 10:31 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 01:30 PM)tvguy Wrote: That story is impossible. I guess the gun could have fired once when the bullet fired because of the heat.

That makes sense I guess maybe Laughing The position of the round would make a difference. For instance if the slug was laying against something solid, like firewood then it probably would not go anywhere but the shell would be the only one moving.
And would move faster then a speeding bullet.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-india...SKCN1IQ1Z7

That makes more then one school shooting each week for this year, so far.
(05-26-2018, 11:26 AM)Cuzz Wrote: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-india...SKCN1IQ1Z7

That makes more then one school shooting each week for this year, so far.

Yes but unless I'm wrong what ever you saw that said that counts any gun that goes off on a school property as a "school shooting" Even if no one was shot.
Some crack head shoots another crackhead at 1:00 am in some inner city school yard and its a "school shooting"

They even count when a gun was fired and no one was hit, plus suicides.