Southgate Walmart "evacuated"
Not sure what this is about. Nothing on the news. The neighbor told us they were at the Walmart in the Southgate and the entire store was evacuated. An announcement came over the intercom and all customers were told to stop shopping, leave their carts and leave the store. Employees too. However no ambulances, fire department or police arrived when he was there. Wonder what's up?
They found some pressure cookers sitting on a shelf.
(05-11-2013, 11:01 AM)chuck white Wrote: They found some pressure cookers sitting on a shelf.

Sleepy
Where is Southgate?
(05-11-2013, 11:18 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Where is Southgate?

I'm referring to the new Walmart on South Pacific Hwy over by the Grange and the Armory.
Directly south of Northgate. Smiling

(Pretty sure it's the Walmart located at the south end of Medford).

Edit: I see Tia beat me to it, and a lot less smart alecky and more authoritively, too.
Where's the gate?
(05-11-2013, 12:07 PM)tvguy Wrote: Where's the gate?

Attached to the fence.
Weird report at any rate since nothing on the news front mentions anything like it.
(05-11-2013, 01:16 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Weird report at any rate since nothing on the news front mentions anything like it.

That does seem strange.
Just saw this on FB:

Quote:KDRV NewsWatch 12
Medford Police say responding officers did not find a bomb in Walmart this morning after a caller alleged he put a device in the garden area. Officers say the store is back to normal operations.
(05-11-2013, 12:07 PM)tvguy Wrote: Where's the gate?

It was once the sight of the Jackson County Fairgrounds/visitor center.
It was their site, too.
(05-11-2013, 01:59 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Just saw this on FB:

Quote:KDRV NewsWatch 12
Medford Police say responding officers did not find a bomb in Walmart this morning after a caller alleged he put a device in the garden area. Officers say the store is back to normal operations.

Well, there you are.
But there's still several potential bombs just sitting in the canning department.
Chinese bomb? Probably malfunction.
I wonder what the return policy is..
I wouldn't buy a pressure cooker from Walmart that didn't come with a guarantee of some kind.
(05-11-2013, 05:39 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: Chinese bomb? Probably malfunction.
I wonder what the return policy is..
LaughingLaughingLaughing