It's a Good Day.
http://www.capitalisminstitute.org/piers...cancelled/

"His incoherent, irrational, partisan, anti-constitution, anti-American ramblings will soon come to a close. He has spent several years making a small fortune attacking the constitution, the Bill of Rights, freedom of religion, the right to keep and bear arms, and everything else remotely good about America."

This description applies to a few people I know of.
(02-23-2014, 08:14 PM)Larry Wrote: http://www.capitalisminstitute.org/piers...cancelled/

"His incoherent, irrational, partisan, anti-constitution, anti-American ramblings will soon come to a close. He has spent several years making a small fortune attacking the constitution, the Bill of Rights, freedom of religion, the right to keep and bear arms, and everything else remotely good about America."

This description applies to a few people I know of.

Good day for me too and I don't even know who Piers Morgan is. (I did fire up the link, but didn't bother reading it)

Thing is, It is a good day for me too. But now I'm feeling guilty because maybe I don't deserve a good day if I'm not pleased that this guy Morgan got canceled.

But wait!

You say this description applies to a few people you know of. So maybe I can go ahead and have a good day? Or, should I be concerned about these other people you know of?

Damn Larry, I think you ruined my good day. Sad
My last day in Cabo... I'm sad to leave.
When pop culture dictates whether you see a day as good or bad, you are living a very shallow life.
More good news for a good day: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/peopl...e/5767201/

Listen up, tabloid reporters: Because of you, Alec Baldwin is saying "goodbye to public life. ... I've lived this for 30 years, I'm done with it."

In a long piece that appeared under his byline Sunday night on New York Magazine's Vulture blog, Baldwin, 55, writes that being labeled a "homophobic bigot" in the media after an altercation with a paparazzo in November 2013 was the last straw for him as a celebrity. (Sound familiar?)

"I loathe and despise the media in a way I did not think possible," Baldwin writes. "This is the last time I'm going to talk about my personal life in an American publication ever again."
(02-24-2014, 10:17 AM)gapper Wrote: When pop culture dictates whether you see a day as good or bad, you are living a very shallow life.

Why are so quick to Judge Larry because of the way he said he was Glad Pierce Morgan is losing his soap box.
I can't stand the guy and I'm glad his show was cancelled. That sure as hell doesn't mean pop culture dictates me.
(02-24-2014, 10:24 AM)tornado Wrote: More good news for a good day: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/peopl...e/5767201/

Listen up, tabloid reporters: Because of you, Alec Baldwin is saying "goodbye to public life. ... I've lived this for 30 years, I'm done with it."

In a long piece that appeared under his byline Sunday night on New York Magazine's Vulture blog, Baldwin, 55, writes that being labeled a "homophobic bigot" in the media after an altercation with a paparazzo in November 2013 was the last straw for him as a celebrity. (Sound familiar?)

"I loathe and despise the media in a way I did not think possible," Baldwin writes. "This is the last time I'm going to talk about my personal life in an American publication ever again."

He's renouncing his vows of celebracy.
(02-24-2014, 11:29 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-24-2014, 10:17 AM)gapper Wrote: When pop culture dictates whether you see a day as good or bad, you are living a very shallow life.

Why are so quick to Judge Larry because of the way he said he was Glad Pierce Morgan is losing his soap box.

Because I can, it's my opinion and I wanted to.
(02-24-2014, 02:10 PM)gapper Wrote:

Yes well I knew all of that. It just seemed a bit odd to jump on Larry over his choice of words. All I saw was Larry posting something to discuss. Maybe you have history with Larry? I don't mind And HIS way of saying what a total ahole douchenozzel Piers Morgon is. I totally agree with him this time.

As far as "pop Culture"? Morgon took over Larry Kings TV show.I always thought it was quite the influential program where a lot of important people expressed their views. His views on gun ownership are shared by many others. I don't quite get how paying attention to any of it is "pop culture".
But I don't get lots of thingsBig Grin
(02-24-2014, 01:27 PM)Prospero Wrote:
(02-24-2014, 10:24 AM)tornado Wrote: More good news for a good day: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/peopl...e/5767201/

He's renouncing his vows of celebracy.

LaughingI doubt that.
(02-24-2014, 02:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:

It just seemed a bit odd to jump on Larry over his choice of words.
Why do you complain about others complaining how others post, yet you complain about how I posted? Unsure
And I didn't "jump on" Larry. I'm too old and big to jump on anyone.
I stated an opinion, and I stand by it. It is my belief that people take these talking heads way too seriously, playing right into their hands. And, yes, it is my opinion that this is pop culture. Talk radio and TV are a part of pop culture today, in my mind.

"Main Entry: popular culture
Part of Speech: n
Definition: contemporary lifestyle and items that are well known and generally accepted, cultural patterns that are widespread within a population; also called pop culture"
Smiling
(02-24-2014, 02:35 PM)gapper Wrote:
(02-24-2014, 02:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:

It just seemed a bit odd to jump on Larry over his choice of words.
Why do you complain about others complaining how others post, yet you complain about how I posted? Unsure
And I didn't "jump on" Larry. I'm too old and big to jump on anyone.
I stated an opinion, and I stand by it. It is my belief that people take these talking heads way too seriously, playing right into their hands. And, yes, it is my opinion that this is pop culture. Talk radio and TV are a part of pop culture today, in my mind.

"Main Entry: popular culture
Part of Speech: n
Definition: contemporary lifestyle and items that are well known and generally accepted, cultural patterns that are widespread within a population; also called pop culture"
Smiling

Read it again Gapper. I didn't complain about what you posted at all. I asked you a question. OK "Jumped on" bad choice of words I guess.

Yes I see the definition of Pop culture. I'm kind of unsure about why you thought Larry let it dictate HIM. I think Larry's choice of words made it seem that way.. A "great day"
I'm pretty sure Larry was just exaggerating his happiness. REAL sureSmiling

But the real subject here is regardless of what we call contemporary lifestyle and items that are well known and generally accepted, cultural patterns that are widespread within a population;

It seems to me to be totally REAL and something we should pay a lot of attention to.
And that you seem to think Morgan's opinions don't matter because it's part of pop culture.
Hey, I'm just glad that someone so patently and unashamedly Anti-American, will no longer have a voice to lead the drooling low information voter into destroying their own country.

But I realize that CNN will only find another vile Anti-American to fill the void. Such is life, in our pop culture.

I haven't figured out gapper's hatred of me yet, so I stand by my supposition that he is a ghost from the past under a different name. Again, such is life.

I'm still me.
(02-24-2014, 05:53 PM)Larry Wrote: Hey, I'm just glad that someone so patently and unashamedly Anti-American, will no longer have a voice to lead the drooling low information voter into destroying their own country.

But I realize that CNN will only find another vile Anti-American to fill the void. Such is life, in our pop culture.

I haven't figured out gapper's hatred of me yet, so I stand by my supposition that he is a ghost from the past under a different name. Again, such is life.

I'm still me.
Maybe the Urban Dictionary can shed some light on the situation.

gapper
A derogatory term for a person originally from Saskatchewan, which is "The Gap" between Alberta and Manitoba.
Joe: What the hell, that car just cut us off!
Billy: F*cking gappers! Go back to your own province!