Hey Marijuana Advocates, Look Here
This article is from a pro marijuana group. You can find a similar summary on Oregon Live. The governor signed this bill so it is now law.

Oregon Marijuana Legislation Roundup

Anthony Johnson | July 6, 2015 8:28 pm

The 2015 Oregon legislative session is in the books as the Legislative Assembly adjourned Sine Die July 6, at 6:04 PM this evening. It has been an eventful legislative session for the Oregon cannabis community, with some good changes to our marijuana laws, some bad, and some ugly. The most sweeping piece of legislation was House Bill 3400, which altered the voter-approved Measure 91 legalization initiative in key ways while also impacting the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) as well. House Bill 3400 passed both chambers of the legislature handedly with broad bipartisan support and was signed into law by Governor Kate Brown.

A breakdown of House Bill 3400:

The Good:

Unlawful delivery and unlawful possession: reduced from a Class C felony to a Class A misdemeanor.

Unlawful manufacturing and unlawful delivery to a minor: reduced from a Class B felony to a Class C felony.

Unlawful possession by a minor of more than 8 ounces of usable marijuana; more than 16 ounces of solid marijuana products; or more than 72 ounces of marijuana in liquid form: reduced from a Class C felony to a Class A Misdemeanor.

Retroactively improving the record of past marijuana offenses. Those convicted of harsh punishment in the past may be set aside their old convictions to match the lower classification.

Expungement of convictions for unlawful manufacturing and delivery to a minor: changed from ineligible for expungement to eligible after 3 years.

Possession limits from medical growers increased: 12 pounds per plant for outdoor growers, 6 pounds per plant for indoor cultivators.

Medical growers may be reimbursed for all of the costs associated with the production of marijuana, instead of just supplies and utilities.

The Bad:

Starting on March 1, 2016, no residential grow site within city limits may cultivate more than 12 mature plants. This effectively reduces the number of patients at two. Previously every grower could cultivate for four patients (24 mature plants) and there wasn’t a limit on how many growers could be listed at each grow site. Grow sites growing more than 12 plants in urban residential areas as of January 1, 2015, are grandfathered up to 24; sites growing more than 48 in non-urban residential areas are grandfathered up to 96 plants.

Starting on March 1, 2016, no non-residential grow site may cultivate more than 48 mature plants. This effectively reduces the number of patients at these grow sites to 8.

Potential inspections from the Oregon Health Authority that can infringe on people’s constitutional rights to privacy in their home.

Growers must report plant numbers, harvest totals and all disbursement to the OHA.
Local tax option of 3% is also contrary to the will of Oregon voters and will push the price of cannabis up higher, hurting the ability for the regulated system to compete with the unregulated system.

The ugly:

Hundreds, if not thousands of sick and disabled patients will lose their grower and supply of medicine due to the new grow site plant limits. Many growers will lose the ability to cultivate for as many patients do to new limits being put in place and a lot of growers will balk at the new inspection and reporting requirements. If patient plant numbers weren’t limited, compassionate growers would be able to swoop up those patients; but, because of the bad provisions in HB 3400, too many patients that lose their growers will now suffer.

Cities and counties that didn’t support Measure 91 with at least 45% of the vote can ban medical marijuana dispensaries as well as retail , retailers, growers and processors without a vote of the public. This local banning provision is contrary to the will of the voters that passed Measure 91 and is a bad policy that will only hurt patients’ safe access to medicine and the state’s attempt to curtail the unregulated market.

Senate Bill 460, approved by the Oregon Legislature, awaits Governor Kate Brown’s signature. If signed by Governor Brown SB 460 will allow existing medical marijuana dispensaries to sell 7 grams of flower to adults over the age of 21, from October 1, 2015, to December 31, 2016. Non-patients will not be able to by other marijuana products, such as concentrates, extracts and infused edibles. Non-patients will be able to purchase marijuana tax-free until January 4th, 2016, then a 25% retail tax kicks in; patients will continue to be able to buy medical marijuana tax-free.

Senate Bill 844, has been passed by the Oregon Legislature and now awaits Governor Brown’s signature. House Bill 844 applies the same expungement provisions that adults enjoy to juveniles; establishes a medical marijuana research task force; prohibits Oregon hospitals from denying transplants solely because of patients’ OMMP status; allows for hospice and residential care facilities to be added as an additional caregiver for patients; and adds the diagnosis of “a degenerative or pervasive neurological condition.” The adding of neurological conditions allows patients with Parkinson’s, ALS, lyme disease and even autism to qualify as an OMMP patient.

It was a shame that the OMMP was altered unnecessarily before Measure 91 was implemented and that M91 was amended in some unfortunate ways this legislative session. However, as it often is for the cannabis community, it was two steps forward and one step back this legislative session. Thousands of nonviolent marijuana law offenders will have their lives greatly improved do the the changes and Oregon will start creating jobs and generating revenue earlier than expected. Also, more Oregonians will be able to qualify for the state’s medical program and OMMP patients will no longer be denied medical transplants. Stay tuned to Marijuana Politics as the Oregon legislative session ends and for future alerts and notices as we work to protect and improve Oregon’s marijuana laws in the upcoming years.
All of this nonsense could have been avoided if people would just live and let live. There should never be any controls over mankind putting a seed in the ground.
[Image: filepicker%2FvlfVT3XTrC1eLg6M6SLo_doobie.jpg]
Quote:Retroactively improving the record of past marijuana offenses. Those convicted of harsh punishment in the past may be set aside their old convictions to match the lower classification.

Does that mean that they are going to release Lacey?

[Image: LarryLacey.img_assist_custom-250x177.jpg]
(07-08-2015, 05:52 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Retroactively improving the record of past marijuana offenses. Those convicted of harsh punishment in the past may be set aside their old convictions to match the lower classification.

Larry is out. I saw him last week.
(07-07-2015, 09:27 PM)tornado Wrote: All of this nonsense could have been avoided if people would just live and let live. There should never be any controls over mankind putting a seed in the ground.
I agree totally. People can grow most other medicinal and food herbs without being regulated by the government. It is the fact that marijuana is an intoxicant that makes authorities think they need to control it. 
(07-08-2015, 08:08 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-07-2015, 09:27 PM)tornado Wrote: All of this nonsense could have been avoided if people would just live and let live. There should never be any controls over mankind putting a seed in the ground.
I agree totally. People can grow most other medicinal and food herbs without being regulated by the government. It is the fact that marijuana is an intoxicant that makes authorities think they need to control it. 

So you both agree anyone should be allowed to plant GMO crops ?

It should be OK to plant poppies and use them to make opium?
(07-08-2015, 09:30 AM)tvguy Wrote:

GMO crops are an abomination, but I have no issue with farmers that want go plant GMO crops,  especially ones that are not for human consumption.

Opium poppies have been planted and harvested for millennium and it has been used for medicine for as long. I have no issue with any plant being planted by people that want to use it for themselves for whatever reason. I am pro choice on everything and I mean everything as long as it does not infringe on others. Don't you get that? Big Grin

Cletus was the wrong one ask about the smack.... Smiling
(07-08-2015, 09:46 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 09:30 AM)tvguy Wrote:  I am pro choice on everything and I mean everything as long as it does not infringe on others. Don't  you get that?  Big Grin

Unless someone simply wants to believe in a God.  You ain't so pro choice on that.... Smiling

GMO crops are an abomination, but I have no issue with farmers that want go plant GMO crops,  especially ones that are not for human consumption.

Opium poppies have been planted and harvested for millennium and it has been used for medicine for as long. I have no issue with any plant being planted by people that want to use it for themselves for whatever reason. I am pro choice on everything and I mean everything as long as it does not infringe on others. Don't  you get that?  Big Grin

Cletus..."I have no issue with any plant being planted by people that want to use it for themselves for whatever reason"

I think I agree with that. But that's not what you "TOTALLY" agreed with. You "TOTALLY" agreed that There should never be any controls over mankind putting a seed in the ground.
(07-08-2015, 11:02 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 09:30 AM)tvguy Wrote:  I am pro choice on everything and I mean everything as long as it does not infringe on others. Don't  you get that?  Big Grin

Unless someone simply wants to believe in a God.  You ain't so pro choice on that.... Smiling

Or illegal aliens. They do indeed infringe on others. But that's ok Confused
(07-08-2015, 08:04 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

I thought I saw him too, pulling out of Denny's in a black car.
But then I checked and it hadn't been two years yet.
(07-08-2015, 12:50 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 08:04 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

I thought I saw him too, pulling out of Denny's in a black car.
But then I checked and it hadn't been two years yet.

You don't do the whole 2 years you get good time anyway he is out. Believe me.

Boy you ain't never did get unstupid did you? I am pro choice on everything even if I personally don't agree with it.
(07-08-2015, 12:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:

What are you doing TVguy trying to take Hugo's position? Tell me who here is a supporter of illegal immigration? Not me.

We simply disagree on how we should deal with those that entered the country illegally, but have been here for a long time. I am especially concerned about those that have American children. I think a path to citizenship is the best solution. Good grief!
(07-08-2015, 02:56 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 12:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:

What are you doing TVguy trying to take Hugo's position? Tell me who here is a supporter of illegal immigration? Not me.

We simply disagree on how we should deal with those that entered the country illegally, but have been here for a long time. I am especially concerned about those that have American children. I think a path to citizenship is the best solution. Good grief!

No actually I don't think we disagree on what to do with those that entered the country illegally, but have been here for a long time.You've never heard me say ship them all back.

It just seems to me that you minimize the impact illegals have on our country. Just like many people maximize what they do to this country.
I think a path to citizenship is the best solution.

I've never said anything to the contrary. As long as they have been here, work and are established.

On that note  I would like to see where you got the info that shows illegal aliens on average commit less crime than American citizens. 
It sure doesn't seem like that to me when I look at the photos of recent jail inmates.

As far as children being automatic citizens just because they are born here? I think when that law was established no one knew it would be a huge reason/enticement for illegals to come to this country.

Things kind of got out of hand before I could bet back to you Hugo.

I agree: 100%. Those who want to believe in God should have every right to to that belief, and the complete freedom to practice that faith when and where they want. 
But like ALL freedoms, there are limits. 
When people of faith bring that to the legislature and make laws enforcing their beliefs, I object. 
(07-08-2015, 06:42 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I agree: 100%. Those who want to believe in God should have every right to to that belief, and the complete freedom to practice that faith when and where they want. 
When people of faith bring that to the legislature and make laws enforcing their beliefs, I object. 

Sustained.
(07-08-2015, 06:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 06:42 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Sustained.

Or if they show up at my door and try to enroll me, I reserve the right to be terribly annoyed or to screw with them, my choice. Smiling