Medfords air quality just went to hell
(08-15-2018, 09:56 PM)Juniper Wrote: Do they not have readings for the coastal towns?

I don't think so. Maybe it's because the testing stations are mainly testing for smog which is why they are mostly in larger cities or cities like ours that have inversion layers.
By the graphic on the air quality page, it seems the entire State (except a small portion to the east) is having poor to bad air.
(08-21-2018, 10:33 AM)Juniper Wrote: By the graphic on the air quality page, it seems the entire State (except a small portion to the east) is having poor to bad air.

Yep. It's blowing in from Canadian fires. Or was. Damn canooks
(08-21-2018, 12:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-21-2018, 10:33 AM)Juniper Wrote: By the graphic on the air quality page, it seems the entire State (except a small portion to the east) is having poor to bad air.

Yep. It's blowing in from Canadian fires. Or was. Damn canooks

Not sure that is why I'm feeling so crappy today.  I manage most days...but maybe the 2 nice days we had set me up! Big Grin
From 9 am to 4 pm the air has been getting worse. It's been unhealthy.If it keep increasing it will be VERY unhealthy.

But I'm hoping that if the wind subsides like normal it will get better. I hope a lot better I have things to do outside.
(08-21-2018, 05:43 PM)tvguy Wrote: From 9 am to 4 pm the air has been getting worse. It's been unhealthy.If it keep increasing it will be VERY unhealthy.

But I'm hoping that if the wind subsides like normal it will get better. I hope a lot better I have things to do outside.

I've stayed in.  Sigh.  (because I don't work today) but found it really tedious.  And even inside I can feel the difference from the last couple of days. I'm using my inhaler MUCH more, feeling crappy and tired and out of it.  I think when it stays bad, I kind of adapt a little or something, then when it improves and goes bad again I seem to struggle...I hope the decrease in temps means some kind of improvement, either in handling the fires or the air or both.
I'm up near Olympia Washington right now and it's horrible up here. Last night the Seattle weather forecaster said today was to be the most unhealhful air on the planet. I believe him LOL
(08-21-2018, 07:52 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I'm up near Olympia Washington right now and it's horrible up here. Last night the Seattle weather forecaster said today was to be the most unhelpful air on the planet. I believe him LOL

I concur!  This weather is not helpful at all! Smiling
(08-21-2018, 07:53 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-21-2018, 07:52 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I'm up near Olympia Washington right now and it's horrible up here. Last night the Seattle weather forecaster said today was to be the most unhelpful air on the planet. I believe him LOL

You could have given me at least a minute to fix it since I'm on my little phone. Razz
(08-21-2018, 07:55 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(08-21-2018, 07:53 PM)Juniper Wrote:

You could have given me at least a minute to fix it since I'm on my little phone. Razz
Why? It's absolutely true!
The air quality maps show Medford air quality right now as "moderate" and in the mid 70's.  Maybe because I haven't been exposed to it for 10 months or so, but I would have thought, much worse. I took the dog out and had to come home. Just sitting on the bench, I was nauseated, light-headed, and feeling weak and sick and had to come home.  And it looks worse than 'moderate'.  Although I can still see Roxy Ann. A bit.
(07-25-2019, 07:49 PM)Juniper Wrote: The air quality maps show Medford air quality right now as "moderate" and in the mid 70's.  Maybe because I haven't been exposed to it for 10 months or so, but I would have thought, much worse. I took the dog out and had to come home. Just sitting on the bench, I was nauseated, light-headed, and feeling weak and sick and had to come home.  And it looks worse than 'moderate'.  Although I can still see Roxy Ann. A bit.

I thought they were going to rake the floor of the forest?
(07-25-2019, 07:49 PM)Juniper Wrote: The air quality maps show Medford air quality right now as "moderate" and in the mid 70's.  Maybe because I haven't been exposed to it for 10 months or so, but I would have thought, much worse. I took the dog out and had to come home. Just sitting on the bench, I was nauseated, light-headed, and feeling weak and sick and had to come home.  And it looks worse than 'moderate'.  Although I can still see Roxy Ann. A bit.
I realize you posted this at 8:48 but you must have been looking at the wrong air quality info. Because at 8:00 the air quality was "very unhealthy" at 241

[Image: air-ccc.jpg]

https://oraqi.deq.state.or.us/home/map?f...vFkEfyaXOM
(07-25-2019, 10:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:
I realize you posted this at 8:48 but you must have been looking at the wrong air quality info. Because at 8:00 the air quality was "very unhealthy" at 241

I looked at two. Oregon.gov and DEQ.  What I think is that they were not updated at that point. Because it made me ill. And after not having been exposed and now it's up there in the purple, that makes more sense.

I have a coupld of things to do this morning, (one a job interview and I won't be taking a  printed resume, thank you very much!) and then an errand and then home to crawl in my hole and pull the hole after me.  Even sheltered inside I'm coughing a lot.
(07-26-2019, 06:38 AM)Juniper Wrote:

I looked at two. Oregon.gov and DEQ.  What I think is that they were not updated at that point. Because it made me ill. And after not having been exposed and now it's up there in the purple, that makes more sense.

I have a coupld of things to do this morning, (one a job interview and I won't be taking a  printed resume, thank you very much!) and then an errand and then home to crawl in my hole and pull the hole after me.  Even sheltered inside I'm coughing a lot.

The link I showed is as good as any other. I think it's normally updated every hour but right now it's two hours behind.
But the air is a lot better.  At noon it was 114... unhealthy for sensitive groups... and apparently they mean you LOL
The wind must have shifted.Right now based on me not being able to see Table rock from my house I would say the air quality is "very unhealthy".. in the purple. if not "hazardous".
(07-26-2019, 02:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:

The link I showed is as good as any other. I think it's normally updated every hour but right now it's two hours behind.
But the air is a lot better.  At noon it was 114... unhealthy for sensitive groups... and apparently they mean you LOL

185 now. Same thing as you....I can't see Roxy Ann now.  I don't dare go outside right now. I hope they get it out and things improve.
(07-26-2019, 04:33 PM)Juniper Wrote:

185 now. Same thing as you....I can't see Roxy Ann now.  I don't dare go outside right now. I hope they get it out and things improve.

Are you getting the 185 from a different Source than the link I'm using because the last two readings I have are 178
(07-26-2019, 05:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-25-2019, 10:45 PM)tvguy Wrote: I realize you posted this at 8:48 but you must have been looking at the wrong air quality info. Because at 8:00 the air quality was "very unhealthy" at 241

Are you getting the 185 from a different Source than the link I'm using because the last two readings I have are 178

I'm getting 265 now from here: https://oraqi.deq.state.or.us/home/map?f...vFkEfyaXOM

185 from https://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airn...&submit=Go
(07-26-2019, 06:32 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 05:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 06:38 AM)Juniper Wrote: I looked at two. Oregon.gov and DEQ.  What I think is that they were not updated at that point. Because it made me ill. And after not having been exposed and now it's up there in the purple, that makes more sense.

I'm getting 265 now from here: https://oraqi.deq.state.or.us/home/map?f...vFkEfyaXOM

185 from https://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airn...&submit=Go
I don't think the 185 ones right