I actually agree with Trump
(01-22-2019, 06:13 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 02:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 01:21 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I really don't see any realistic improvement in the problems being argued about short of more boots on the front lines, so to speak. More border patrols patrolling the border. Any unmanned obstacle has weaknesses that are only alleviated by actually patrolling. But if you have adequate patrolling then the need for a wall is redundant. Redundant is good if you have the money. I just think we have plenty things that need money more then redundancy right now.

Besides the unwalled southern border isn't the biggest source of the problems. Putting buckets of money into the smallest problem and expecting big results is a losing game.

Pick and choose.

And that's what I think about that.
I just don't see your logic. If I had to guard a section of a border all by myself. It seems obvious to me that ANY type of barrier that slowed down invaders would be a great help to me.

Yes, but is $4000 a foot worth the money.
 I would think a $10 a foot fence would be effective as well and could be a lot longer.

Are you serious? It costs $10 a foot to build a 5 ft tall wood fence LOL

And that $4000 a foot figure is probably for trumps 40 feet high, 10 feet deep into the ground plan.
Which is not at all what I was talking about.
(01-22-2019, 06:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 01:21 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I really don't see any realistic improvement in the problems being argued about short of more boots on the front lines, so to speak. More border patrols patrolling the border. Any unmanned obstacle has weaknesses that are only alleviated by actually patrolling. But if you have adequate patrolling then the need for a wall is redundant. Redundant is good if you have the money. I just think we have plenty things that need money more then redundancy right now.

Besides the unwalled southern border isn't the biggest source of the problems. Putting buckets of money into the smallest problem and expecting big results is a losing game.

Pick and choose.

I just don't see your logic. If I had to guard a section of a border all by myself. It seems obvious to me that ANY type of barrier that slowed down invaders would be a great help to me.

I would think a $10 a foot fence would be effective as well and could be a lot longer.

And that $4000 a foot figure is probably for trumps 40 feet high, 10 feet deep into the ground plan.

$4000 per foot, is what T-rump is talking about.
(01-23-2019, 07:09 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Pick and choose.

That's what I thought. But he is not dead set on that price because he's not dead set on a certain type of wall.
(01-23-2019, 02:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 02:45 PM)tvguy Wrote: I just don't see your logic. If I had to guard a section of a border all by myself. It seems obvious to me that ANY type of barrier that slowed down invaders would be a great help to me.

That's what I thought. But he is not dead set on that price because he's not dead set on a certain type of wall.

Have you talked to him lately? I don't think he's changed his mind even a little. Besides how could anyone trust anything he says. He lies even when he's been recorded saying something else.
(01-23-2019, 02:27 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 06:13 PM)chuck white Wrote: Yes, but is $4000 a foot worth the money.

Have you talked to him lately? I don't think he's changed his mind even a little. Besides how could anyone trust anything he says. He lies even when he's been recorded saying something else.

Where did I say he could be trusted? Or that he's not a liar?

But the wall is no longer the wall. His description of the wall he imagined when he was a candidate is evolving. In 2015, Mr. Trump said of his wall, "It's going to be made of hardened concrete, and it's going to be made out of rebar, and steel." Since Thursday, Mr. Trump has taken to referring to the proposed structure as "steel slats," and in one tweet, he suggested they would have a certain aesthetic quality.   

"The Democrats, are saying loud and clear that they do not want to build a Concrete Wall - but we are not building a Concrete Wall, we are building artistically designed steel slats, so that you can easily see through it," he tweeted earlier this week. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-now-d...eel-slats/
(01-23-2019, 03:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 06:31 PM)tvguy Wrote: Are you serious? It costs $10 a foot to build a 5 ft tall wood fence LOL

But the wall is no longer the wall. His description of the wall he imagined when he was a candidate is evolving. In 2015, Mr. Trump said of his wall, "It's going to be made of hardened concrete, and it's going to be made out of rebar, and steel." Since Thursday, Mr. Trump has taken to referring to the proposed structure as "steel slats," and in one tweet, he suggested they would have a certain aesthetic quality.   

"The Democrats, are saying loud and clear that they do not want to build a Concrete Wall - but we are not building a Concrete Wall, we are building artistically designed steel slats, so that you can easily see through it," he tweeted earlier this week. 

So you presume to know his mind but admit he is a liar??  Now that I don't understand.
(01-23-2019, 03:42 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 07:09 AM)chuck white Wrote: $4000 per foot, is what T-rump is talking about.

So you presume to know his mind but admit he is a liar??  Now that I don't understand.
Dude are you high or what? You say that after this remark...Have you talked to him lately?     I can't tell you what he says that he will honor or not. I said as much. WTF do you want?

The only point I'm making and I have shown to be true is he SAYS he is not stuck on ONE specific type of wall.
(01-23-2019, 04:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 02:10 PM)tvguy Wrote: That's what I thought. But he is not dead set on that price because he's not dead set on a certain type of wall.

Dude are you high or what? You say that after this remark...Have you talked to him lately?     I can't tell you what he says that he will honor or not. I said as much. WTF do you want?

The only point I'm making and I have shown to be true is he SAYS he is not stuck on ONE specific type of wall.

Nope, you said "But he is not dead set on that price because he's not dead set on a certain type of wall."

Not the same thing. You need to be more clear of what you're saying when you say it. I'm not a mind reader.
(01-23-2019, 05:40 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 02:27 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Have you talked to him lately? I don't think he's changed his mind even a little. Besides how could anyone trust anything he says. He lies even when he's been recorded saying something else.

Nope, you said "But he is not dead set on that price because he's not dead set on a certain type of wall."

Not the same thing. You need to be more clear of what you're saying when you say it. I'm not a mind reader.

I still don't get you. If he says he's open to different types of walls it seems obvious to me that they would have different  costs to build.
I posted what he has said. I don't see how I could be any more clear

I will draw you a picture Laughing Laughing Razz Wink

[Image: wal-zzzzzz.jpg]
Well to put pricing into perspective Medford is spending $ 501 per foot for a bike path.
(01-23-2019, 06:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 03:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:  Where did I say he could be trusted? Or that he's not a liar?

I still don't get you. If he says he's open to different types of walls it seems obvious to me that they would have different  costs to build.

You've illustrated my confusion.
(01-23-2019, 07:05 PM)oregon 67 Wrote: Well to put pricing into perspective Medford is spending $ 501 per foot for a bike path.
And that includes a stupid fence every time there is a small ditch someone might fall in to LOL.

Long time no see Big Grin But seriously that doesn't put anything in to perspective for me.
(01-23-2019, 07:07 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 03:42 PM)Cuzz Wrote: So you presume to know his mind but admit he is a liar??  Now that I don't understand.

You've illustrated my confusion.

Who cares about a wall. I was laughing so hard when I drew that picture in such great detail . did you see trumps blond hair LOL
(01-23-2019, 03:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:  Where did I say he could be trusted? Or that he's not a liar?

Laughing Laughing

That's funny shit right there.

You could of pulled that straight from trumps own notebook for wall plan strategies.
(01-23-2019, 09:12 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 03:42 PM)Cuzz Wrote: So you presume to know his mind but admit he is a liar??  Now that I don't understand.

Laughing Laughing

You could of pulled that straight from trumps own notebook for wall plan strategies.
  Big Grin
(01-24-2019, 02:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 09:12 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 04:02 PM)tvguy Wrote: Dude are you high or what? You say that after this remark...Have you talked to him lately?     I can't tell you what he says that he will honor or not. I said as much. WTF do you want?

Laughing Laughing

Big Grin

I like that he's between the two walls. Maybe it's a escape plan.
[Image: 01edaefefc57cb960f9548272d3acb93.jpg]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Image: d039e861a14400a0f9ac440bdf2481c2.jpg]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk