I bought this badboy brand new. Who's jealous?
(01-18-2019, 12:17 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 12:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 07:58 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 07:25 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 06:05 PM)tornado Wrote: Smiling a happy tractor home for a male tractor. I have a battery tender plugged in on my guy these winter days.

I have some of those but they plug in to a cigarette lighter and my Tractor isn't in the sun. I'll figure something out.

The battery tender I have plugs into AC outlet and clips direct to battery in need of maintaining. I use an extension cord to get it where I need it.

Yes thaqnks that's what I need. I just happen to already have three of the kind that are solar. You put it on the dash and plug it in to the cigarette lighter.
I was just hoping to use one of those somehow.

Splice in a longer cord?
Well yeah. I just don't know if that will significantly reduce it's charging ability. Because they are only like 2 watts or so. The farther you run a wire the more voltage drop based on the load and the wire size. I don't know I'll have to look and see how many watts mine are.
(01-18-2019, 01:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 07:58 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 07:25 PM)tvguy Wrote: I have some of those but they plug in to a cigarette lighter and my Tractor isn't in the sun. I'll figure something out.

The battery tender I have plugs into AC outlet and clips direct to battery in need of maintaining. I use an extension cord to get it where I need it.

Yes thaqnks that's what I need. I just happen to already have three of the kind that are solar. You put it on the dash and plug it in to the cigarette lighter.

Splice in a longer cord?
Well yeah. I just don't know if that will significantly reduce it's charging ability. Because they are only like 2 watts or so. The farther you run a wire the more voltage drop based on the load and the wire size. I don't know I'll have to look and see how many watts mine are.

I know you knew that.   Big Grin 

You might consider using larger wire for less loss. Also If you have more then one you have the possibility of paralleling two solar panels to compensate also. Without knowing the specs on your hardware I don't know if that's realistic, just tossing out ideas.
(01-18-2019, 01:26 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 07:58 AM)GPnative Wrote: The battery tender I have plugs into AC outlet and clips direct to battery in need of maintaining. I use an extension cord to get it where I need it.

Splice in a longer cord?

You might consider using larger wire for less loss. Also If you have more then one you have the possibility of paralleling two solar panels to compensate also. Without knowing the specs on your hardware I don't know if that's realistic, just tossing out ideas.
This is starting to sound like one of those projects you do and then wish you never wasted all that time LOL.
Plus my solar battery tenders were not designed to be outside.
And I hate to run extension cords to things like that. I think I will just install a receptacle on the wall in that car port. Buy a 120 volt tender and be done. Smiling
(01-18-2019, 01:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 12:09 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yes thaqnks that's what I need. I just happen to already have three of the kind that are solar. You put it on the dash and plug it in to the cigarette lighter.

Splice in a longer cord?

Laughing 
That just sounds funny.
(01-18-2019, 02:43 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 12:17 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Splice in a longer cord?

Laughing 
That just sounds funny.
I know I thought so too as I typed it. It reminded me of an inventor I once saw who invented gag items. And he had a solar flashlight that only worked in direct sunlight. Laughing Laughing
(01-18-2019, 03:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 01:09 PM)tvguy Wrote: Well yeah. I just don't know if that will significantly reduce it's charging ability. Because they are only like 2 watts or so. The farther you run a wire the more voltage drop based on the load and the wire size. I don't know I'll have to look and see how many watts mine are.

Laughing 
That just sounds funny.
I know I thought so too as I typed it. It reminded me of an inventor I once saw who invented gag items. And he had a solar flashlight that only worked in direct sunlight. Laughing Laughing

Sounds like the illusive wireless extension cord. I saw one on sale once, should have bought it then.   Big Grin
(01-18-2019, 03:46 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 03:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 01:26 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I know you knew that.   Big Grin 

Laughing 
That just sounds funny.
I know I thought so too as I typed it. It reminded me of an inventor I once saw who invented gag items. And he had a solar flashlight that only worked in direct sunlight. 

Sounds like the illusive wireless extension cord. I saw one on sale once, should have bought it then.   Big Grin
Bwa hahaha  . I saw an commercial for adapters. The guy said it will work for ANY device. It was multi purpose and no more buying all kinds of adapters.

And the question was asked... "will this work in Europe?" And the answer... " No you have to get an adapter for that" Laughing Laughing Laughing
Question.. If you are flying in an airplane with a gaping hole and everything was sliding out, including you.
Which would you rather have to save yourself. A rope or an extension cord?

Answer. The extension cord because everyone knows they will hang up on anything.
Personal question if you don't mind. How do you determine the sex of a tractor? The same question may be asked about a vehicle. And naval vessels are mostly she ships, as far as I remember.

It is a serious question I have no answer for. All I know is, the names just come to me like magic in the air.

Ive had: Penelope the panel truck, (1964 Chevy), Poindexter the pickup, (1967 Chevy), Perky the pickup, (1979 Ford Courier), Four Ford Thunder birds: Felix, Mr. X, Kermit, and Stella.

The tractor is Andy.

Next question - when the time is right, what will be you first task with Mr. Bad Boy? Mine will be raking the gravel from the road shoulders back into the potholes. In the meantime, as mentioned, I'm keeping the battery on the tender, and the hood up. Keeping the hood up tends to discourage rodents from nesting, and causing extensive wiring damage.

Call me anal, but I wax, and polish my tractor. Even under the hood. Some guys go so far as waxing under the fenders. I'm not quite that anal, but, butt, quality care and maintenance of a tractor is key to long life. The same is true for humans.
(01-20-2019, 08:19 PM)tornado Wrote: Personal question if you don't mind. How do you determine the sex of a tractor? The same question may be asked about a vehicle. And naval vessels are mostly she ships, as far as I remember.

It is a serious question I have no answer for. All I know is, the names just come to me like magic in the air.

Ive had: Penelope the panel truck, (1964 Chevy), Poindexter the pickup, (1967 Chevy), Perky the pickup, (1979 Ford Courier), Four Ford Thunder birds: Felix, Mr. X, Kermit, and Stella.

The tractor is Andy.

Next question - when the time is right, what will be you first task with Mr. Bad Boy? Mine will be raking the gravel from the road shoulders back into the potholes. In the meantime, as mentioned, I'm keeping the battery on the tender, and the hood up. Keeping the hood up tends to discourage rodents from nesting, and causing extensive wiring damage.

Call me anal, but I wax, and polish my tractor. Even under the hood. Some guys go so far as waxing under the fenders. I'm not quite that anal, but, butt, quality care and maintenance of a tractor is key to long life. The same is true for humans.

I like that you name your vehicles.  I had a Subaru that I named Pokey.  I haven't named the Buick.
(01-20-2019, 08:49 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 08:19 PM)tornado Wrote: Personal question if you don't mind. How do you determine the sex of a tractor? The same question may be asked about a vehicle. And naval vessels are mostly she ships, as far as I remember.

The tractor is Andy.

I like that you name your vehicles.  I had a Subaru that I named Pokey.  I haven't named the Buick.
I had a Subaru, too. Called it SOB. Pokey is appropriate for some Subs. My friends pokey Jeep was Eyore.
Never owned a Buick, although we had a 1946 when I was a kid.

The tractor is Andy.

I've only named my vehicles when they've not operated in an exceptable manner. Usually something explicit and unrepeatable in civilized company.   Surprised
(01-20-2019, 09:02 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

The tractor is Andy.

I've only named my vehicles when they've not operated in an exceptable manner. Usually something explicit and unrepeatable in civilized company.   Surprised

I did have a little  Pontiac T1000, so, naturally, I called it The Exterminator.

The tractor is Andy.

I have a lot of low spots on my property so I will have topsoil delivered and try and fill some of that. Also lots of holes dogs dug and high spots that were always a problem when I mow.
I have pallets with 100 gal posts full of planting soil and a pile on the ground covered with a tarp that's about 2 or 3 yards.
I need all of that mixed together and I will add manure or whatever and then I want to make raised garden beds.
I have been maintaining a gravel rd for many years by filling my truck with at least two tons of 3/4 minus and shoveling it out in to pot holes.
I'm not sure the tractor will be any help but maybe. I have large piles of lumber, metal roofing and quite a few other things I need to organize and or sell and the tractor will help a lot for that.
I buy and sell wheels, late model alloy wheels. I have close to three hundred and they are mostly on pallets and in a place where I would rather not have them. Hence the fork lift attachment.
I also have three travel trailers, a car trailer and two boats on trailers Plus three no running cars. I have to move some of these often.
I haven't ever named my vehicles LOL. I've had somewhere around 55 vehicles that I can remember. I would run out of names.

As far as waxing a tractor? I don't see why not. It's no different than a $20.000 car. The more you take car of it the more you will get when you sell it.
(01-21-2019, 03:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:

The tractor is Andy.

I have a lot of low spots on my property so I will have topsoil delivered and try and fill some of that. Also lots of holes dogs dug and high spots that were always a problem when I mow.
I have pallets with 100 gal posts full of planting soil and a pile on the ground covered with a tarp that's about 2 or 3 yards.
I need all of that mixed together and I will add manure or whatever and then I want to make raised garden beds.
I have been maintaining a gravel rd for many years by filling my truck with at least two tons of 3/4 minus and shoveling it out in to pot holes.
I'm not sure the tractor will be any help but maybe. I have large piles of lumber, metal roofing and quite a few other things I need to organize and or sell and the tractor will help a lot for that.
I buy and sell wheels, late model alloy wheels. I have close to three hundred and they are mostly on pallets and in a place where I would rather not have them. Hence the fork lift attachment.
I also have three travel trailers, a car trailer and two boats on trailers Plus three no running cars. I have to move some of these often.
I haven't ever named my vehicles LOL. I've had somewhere around 55 vehicles that I can remember. I would run out of names.

As far as waxing a tractor? I don't see why not. It's no different than a $20.000 car. The more you take car of it the more you will get when you sell it.

I can see you'll be busy for the next decade or two. Good health to you and Bad Boy.

The tractor is Andy.

Spellcheck named my Tahoe. Every time I tried to write Tahoe, spellcheck made it Yahoo. It eventually became the Yahoo.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk