Poll: See Original Post
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
28.57%
2 28.57%
No
14.29%
1 14.29%
At strategic locations only
57.14%
4 57.14%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Hypothetical Wall Poll
OK, two pages now... when do we drop the pole  and get to the poll??   Razz
(01-13-2019, 03:19 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 02:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 12:54 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 12:46 PM)Cuzz Wrote: https://www.npr.org/2019/01/10/683662691...ta-tell-us

Here's an article that tackles some actual numbers. If you have heartburn from the reporting coming from NPR feel free to link sources that you think refutes the numbers. Please remember that opinion pieces don't pack the same factual weight unless they provide the sources of their numbers.

NPR seems to get a lot of flak for being, what?  Left?  They are far less left than ABC and CNN.  I guess the fact that it's "public radio" makes it suspect.
True but after you listen to something on NPR they play the weirdest freaking music on the planet.
Laughing Laughing  Relevance? Laughing Laughing
None whatsoever Laughing Laughing
(01-13-2019, 04:28 PM)Cuzz Wrote: OK, two pages now... when do we drop the pole  and get to the poll??   Razz

Laughing Laughing  holy crap, that's a channel 12 level typo that completely got by me when I posted it. Wall pole, lmao
(01-13-2019, 04:28 PM)Cuzz Wrote: OK, two pages now... when do we drop the pole  and get to the poll??   Razz

Fixed, I couldn't leave it, that would drive me nuts every time I saw it Big Grin
(01-13-2019, 06:22 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Fixed, I couldn't leave it, that would drive me nuts every time I saw it Big Grin

Big Grin
(01-13-2019, 06:20 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Laughing Laughing  holy crap, that's a channel 12 level typo that completely got by me when I posted it. Wall pole, lmao

I've made the same mistake before. It's no wonder Poll is a word very rarely used.

The funny thing about typing is I do this kind of thing when I type because I don't see the word as I type like I would if I was writing.
I've even typed new when I mean knew.

If that's not sarcasm have you ever heard the phrase.. don't sweat the small stuff?
(01-13-2019, 06:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:

If that's not sarcasm have you ever heard the phrase.. don't sweat the small stuff?

I thought it was an intentional typo when I first saw the thread. I was expecting some joke with immigrants pole vaulting the wall.
(01-14-2019, 07:24 AM)GCG Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 06:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I thought it was an intentional typo when I first saw the thread. I was expecting some joke with immigrants pole vaulting the wall.

Laughing Laughing
Help me with the math... $5 billion out of a gross federal budget of $4 trillion works out to a little over 1/10 of one percent. Correct? Somewhere around 1.25/1000 or 0.125%. We are spending more than it costs by just bickering over it. Business as usual in D.C.
(01-16-2019, 09:00 AM)GCG Wrote: Help me with the math... $5 billion out of a gross federal budget of $4 trillion works out to a little over 1/10 of one percent. Correct? Somewhere around 1.25/1000 or 0.125%. We are spending more than it costs by just bickering over it. Business as usual in D.C.

That's true GCG but what is not true is the notion I'm told to believe that it's the democrats who shut down the government.

Business as usual in D.C   Yes as far as ignorance. But this is not "as usual" It's the longest gov shut down in history.
Out glorious president is the one who just DECIDED the illegal migration issue is suddenly a "crisis". And because he can't have things HIS way he is hurting millions of Americans.
It's disgraceful. And I just can't buy in to the idea that it's the democrats fault.

Meanwhile people are focusing on him buying fast food for a college football team Rolling Eyes
(01-16-2019, 09:00 AM)GCG Wrote: Help me with the math... $5 billion out of a gross federal budget of $4 trillion works out to a little over 1/10 of one percent. Correct? Somewhere around 1.25/1000 or 0.125%. We are spending more than it costs by just bickering over it. Business as usual in D.C.

I think it's gone way beyond just the money. It's really gone beyond the wall or not the wall, not for a lot of people but at least for me.

It's now about whether trump gets to dictate or learn to play by our rules of government. He acts like he's still building condos and he can stiff arm, bully, break laws and generally cheat at will to get his fancy. Sooner of later he would need to be challenged because he won't stop on his own. This is as good an issue as any to have a showdown and strangely enough he chose it.

I'm just hoping the Republicans will dig deep and find they have enough dignity left to help pass a veto proof bill to re-open the government. Then they can get on with business, border business and otherwise. It should have been done already.

That's my take. You can repeat it but don't assign it to all who oppose trump, or his wall.
If Obama wanted to build this exact wall, with this exact Congress, it would be a done deal. So how is it Trump's fault that we are getting nowhere?
(01-16-2019, 04:29 PM)GCG Wrote: If Obama wanted to build this exact wall, with this exact Congress, it would be a done deal. So how is it Trump's fault that we are getting nowhere?

Why should I care about what democrats allegedly want? Yes Democrats have spent a ton of money of border security.
They apparently don't agree with Trumps wall whatever that entails.

Anyway you want to slice it TRUMP shut down the government. I don't even care if the dems are doing this for spite or what may have or may not have happened under Obama .. I DON'T CARE.

Trump is the one who shut down our government because he couldn't get what HE wanted.
(01-16-2019, 04:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 04:29 PM)GCG Wrote: If Obama wanted to build this exact wall, with this exact Congress, it would be a done deal. So how is it Trump's fault that we are getting nowhere?

Why should I care about what democrats allegedly want? Yes Democrats have spent a ton of money of border security.

Anyway you want to slice it TRUMP shut down the government. I don't even care if the dems are doing this for spite or what may have or may not have happened under Obama .. I DON'T CARE.

Trump is the one who shut down our government because he couldn't get what HE wanted.

You act as if no one wants the wall but him. He campaigned, (and won), partially on the promise of this wall. The Dems in power are not honestly against the wall. They are against Trump. They are as much to blame for blocking this simple little thing as Trump is for insisting on it. It's all so overblown. Compare it to the GOP fighting Obamacare... a HUGE undertaking by any standards. This wall is peanuts. Trump couldn't propose a bill banning cruelty to puppies without having to fight the left about it.
(01-16-2019, 06:09 PM)GCG Wrote:

You act as if no one wants the wall but him. He campaigned, (and won), partially on the promise of this wall. The Dems in power are not honestly against the wall. They are against Trump. They are as much to blame for blocking this simple little thing as Trump is for insisting on it. It's all so overblown. Compare it to the GOP fighting Obamacare... a HUGE undertaking by any standards. This wall is peanuts. Trump couldn't propose a bill banning cruelty to puppies without having to fight the left about it.

They are as much to blame for blocking this simple little thing as Trump is for insisting on it.

You can say that all you want I'm just not buying it. Trump shut sown the government. End of story

It's like you asking me for a piece of gum and I say NO. So you say.. but you gave me gum last year and I sill say NO.
So you call Wrigglies and force then to stop seeing gum to everyone Until I give you a piece.
(01-16-2019, 06:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:

They are as much to blame for blocking this simple little thing as Trump is for insisting on it.

You can say that all you want I'm just not buying it. Trump shut sown the government. End of story

It's like you asking me for a piece of gum and I say NO. So you say.. but you gave me gum last year and I sill say NO.
So you call Wrigglies and force then to stop seeing gum to everyone Until I give you a piece.

This is why I did not want Trump to be the GOP candidate. He is such an easy target! But he is right about the wall... and it doesn't matter a bit. It's not going to get better! For crying out loud... the left has Nancy Pelosi running their show! The crowning embarrassment of the Dems is actually less reviled than Trump. The future is bleak.

He also swore that taxpayers wouldn't have to pay for it. A conveniently forgotten promise.
(01-16-2019, 08:26 PM)Juniper Wrote:

He also swore that taxpayers wouldn't have to pay for it. A conveniently forgotten promise.

Obama also broke promises that were made in order to get Obamacare encated. It's not that he lied about it... it just didn't work out as promised. It's always the same, say whatever you have to in order to get your way... then backpeddle like a muthafcker when it doesn't pan out as planned.

BTW... Nancy is just loving this. The LAST thing that she wants is for this to end well. For once, her approval ratings have gone up. And if anyone thinks for one second that she cares more for her constituents than she does about her own image and power... well then, they are truly lost.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monk...eb26f85b7e
(01-17-2019, 07:51 AM)GCG Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 08:26 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Obama also broke promises that were made in order to get Obamacare encated. It's not that he lied about it... it just didn't work out as promised. It's always the same, say whatever you have to in order to get your way... then backpeddle like a muthafcker when it doesn't pan out as planned.

BTW... Nancy is just loving this. The LAST thing that she wants is for this to end well. For once, her approval ratings have gone up. And if anyone thinks for one second that she cares more for her constituents than she does about her own image and power... well then, they are truly lost.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monk...eb26f85b7e

BTW... Nancy is just loving this. The LAST thing that she wants is for this to end well. For once, her approval ratings have gone up.

But when you look at the graph Pelosi's approval rating have been steadily going up since November when she was elected speaker of the house.
I don't see any proof her approval rating is going up because Trump shut down the gov.

I am glad to see Trumps rating is going down. It should be.

I'm  surprised Pelosi's idiotic comment that a wall is immoral didn't drop her rating.