Poll: See Original Post
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
28.57%
2 28.57%
No
14.29%
1 14.29%
At strategic locations only
57.14%
4 57.14%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Hypothetical Wall Poll
(01-17-2019, 02:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 07:51 AM)GCG Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 08:26 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 06:09 PM)GCG Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 04:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:  Why should I care about what democrats allegedly want? Yes Democrats have spent a ton of money of border security.
They apparently don't agree with Trumps wall whatever that entails.

Anyway you want to slice it TRUMP shut down the government. I don't even care if the dems are doing this for spite or what may have or may not have happened under Obama .. I DON'T CARE.

Trump is the one who shut down our government because he couldn't get what HE wanted.

You act as if no one wants the wall but him. He campaigned, (and won), partially on the promise of this wall. The Dems in power are not honestly against the wall. They are against Trump. They are as much to blame for blocking this simple little thing as Trump is for insisting on it. It's all so overblown. Compare it to the GOP fighting Obamacare... a HUGE undertaking by any standards. This wall is peanuts. Trump couldn't propose a bill banning cruelty to puppies without having to fight the left about it.

He also swore that taxpayers wouldn't have to pay for it. A conveniently forgotten promise.

Obama also broke promises that were made in order to get Obamacare encated. It's not that he lied about it... it just didn't work out as promised. It's always the same, say whatever you have to in order to get your way... then backpeddle like a muthafcker when it doesn't pan out as planned.

BTW... Nancy is just loving this. The LAST thing that she wants is for this to end well. For once, her approval ratings have gone up. And if anyone thinks for one second that she cares more for her constituents than she does about her own image and power... well then, they are truly lost.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monk...eb26f85b7e

BTW... Nancy is just loving this. The LAST thing that she wants is for this to end well. For once, her approval ratings have gone up.

But when you look at the graph Pelosi's approval rating have been steadily going up since November when she was elected speaker of the house.
I don't see any proof her approval rating is going up because Trump shut down the gov.

I am glad to see Trumps rating is going down. It should be.

I'm  surprised Pelosi's idiotic comment that a wall is immoral didn't drop her rating.
from the article that I linked to:

To be sure, Pelosi is still quite unpopular. And some of her increased support may simply stem from the usual honeymoon period, whereby House speakers are most popular at the beginning of their terms.

But she is also surely benefiting from her visible opposition to an unpopular president.

I agree with this assessment.
(01-17-2019, 04:46 PM)GCG Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 02:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 07:51 AM)GCG Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 08:26 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 06:09 PM)GCG Wrote: You act as if no one wants the wall but him. He campaigned, (and won), partially on the promise of this wall. The Dems in power are not honestly against the wall. They are against Trump. They are as much to blame for blocking this simple little thing as Trump is for insisting on it. It's all so overblown. Compare it to the GOP fighting Obamacare... a HUGE undertaking by any standards. This wall is peanuts. Trump couldn't propose a bill banning cruelty to puppies without having to fight the left about it.

He also swore that taxpayers wouldn't have to pay for it. A conveniently forgotten promise.

Obama also broke promises that were made in order to get Obamacare encated. It's not that he lied about it... it just didn't work out as promised. It's always the same, say whatever you have to in order to get your way... then backpeddle like a muthafcker when it doesn't pan out as planned.

BTW... Nancy is just loving this. The LAST thing that she wants is for this to end well. For once, her approval ratings have gone up. And if anyone thinks for one second that she cares more for her constituents than she does about her own image and power... well then, they are truly lost.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monk...eb26f85b7e

BTW... Nancy is just loving this. The LAST thing that she wants is for this to end well. For once, her approval ratings have gone up.

But when you look at the graph Pelosi's approval rating have been steadily going up since November when she was elected speaker of the house.
I don't see any proof her approval rating is going up because Trump shut down the gov.

I am glad to see Trumps rating is going down. It should be.

I'm  surprised Pelosi's idiotic comment that a wall is immoral didn't drop her rating.
from the article that I linked to:

To be sure, Pelosi is still quite unpopular. And some of her increased support may simply stem from the usual honeymoon period, whereby House speakers are most popular at the beginning of their terms.

But she is also surely benefiting from her visible opposition to an unpopular president.

I agree with this assessment.

Me too. But  I thought you were saying her popularity has gone up because of the Wall and gov shutdown.
  Her popularity went up when she was made the speaker of the house. I read somewhere that's common for anyone.
But I have no doubt you are right that America's hatred of Trump has improved Pelosi's popularity.