Rain sucks winter sucks cold sucks
I won't be happy until there are leaves growing on the trees. Well unless I build a big fire in my shop and self medicate. Razz So I've got that goin for me. Quoting the great Bill Murry.
It's not the rain I dislike. But it causes me terrible pain. When it's damp my pain level soars. Yesterday I couldn't even manage walking through a store. On a level of 1 through 10 I think I would have said that while walking it was about a 7 or 8.
(01-19-2019, 04:32 PM)Juniper Wrote: It's not the rain I dislike.  But it causes me terrible pain.  When it's damp my pain level soars.  Yesterday I couldn't even manage walking through a store.  On a level of 1 through 10 I think I would have said that while walking it was about a 7 or 8.

My wife is the same way
I’m the same way. This winter is kicking my butt and we haven’t even had real snow yet.
Well, at least I'm in good company, and it's not just me.  I went to a play last night.  I have a hard time with just sitting for more than an hour in theatre chairs.  When it was time to leave I got up, and nearly couldn't walk. Eventually the old joints warmed up, but it was very painful.
I'm kind'a enjoying the winter weather this year. But then I grew up with over nine months of rain and cold each year.   Smiling
(01-20-2019, 11:08 AM)Cuzz Wrote: I'm kind'a enjoying the winter weather this year. But then I grew up with over nine months of rain and cold each year.   Smiling

I'm not one of those people who pines for the sun and warm weather.  I quite like grey skies and rain.  When I was younger it didn't cause me pain.  But overall, I like winter. I don't care for the freezing fog days.  But today is quite nice actually.
(01-20-2019, 12:40 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 11:08 AM)Cuzz Wrote: I'm kind'a enjoying the winter weather this year. But then I grew up with over nine months of rain and cold each year.   Smiling

I'm not one of those people who pines for the sun and warm weather.  I quite like grey skies and rain.  When I was younger it didn't cause me pain.  But overall, I like winter. I don't care for the freezing fog days.  But today is quite nice actually.

I like your attitude. And I'm sorry for your pain. I know how demoralizing it can be sometimes.
The thing that sucks about being old and sick is being old and sick.

So did Cuzz. In Ohio. The last year I lived there in 1978 it was a record winter. It never got above zero for the entire month of January. After that we left and never went back.

I used to be just fine in the winter. I actually did more work (construction) at home. But now I'm 67 years old. I have just learned to really enjoy spring and summer. All the trees and shrubs I have planted and planting and growing things.
Also with this much rain my property gets too wet to even go off the driveway or you will just sink.

Great Blizzard of 1978
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 [/url]

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extratropical_cyclone]Extratropical cyclone

Nor'easter
Blizzard
Winter storm
Formed
January 24, 1978
Dissipated
January 29, 1978
Lowest pressure
 The Great Blizzard of 1978 was a historic winter storm that struck the Ohio Valley and Great Lakes regions from Wednesday, January 25 through Friday, January 27, 1978. It has been cited as having been the worst blizzard in US history.[1] The third lowest non-tropical atmospheric pressure ever recorded in the mainland United States occurred as the storm passed over Mount Clemens, Michigan, where the barometer fell to 956.0 mb (28.23 inHg) on January 26.[2]
(01-19-2019, 04:32 PM)Juniper Wrote: It's not the rain I dislike.  But it causes me terrible pain.  When it's damp my pain level soars.  Yesterday I couldn't even manage walking through a store.  On a level of 1 through 10 I think I would have said that while walking it was about a 7 or 8.

I know I have asked before. I don't remember the answer but have you tried smoking CBD oil?
(01-20-2019, 02:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I know I have asked before. I don't remember the answer but have you tried smoking CBD oil?

No.  I've never gone to one of those places.
(01-20-2019, 03:18 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Maybe your daughter or one of her friends could give you a few tokes of CBD oil from their vape pen.To see if it helps.
The last pen we bought was only 15 bucks and it works great. You buy the CBD oil in a small glass capsule I thing it's about $25 for a half gram.
There are other ways than vaping.

My wife says it works but only for 20 minutes so I asked why not get the kind you ingest. At which point she yelled at me. Rolling Eyes
She says she buys OTC anti inflammatory stuff that works better. But I think it all depends on the individual.
(01-20-2019, 03:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Maybe your daughter or one of her friends could give you a few tokes of CBD oil from their vape pen.To see if it helps.
The last pen we bought was only 15 bucks and it works great. You buy the CBD oil in a small glass capsule I thing it's about $25 for a half gram.

My wife says it works but only for 20 minutes so I asked why not get the kind you ingest. At which point she yelled at me. Rolling Eyes
She says she buys OTC anti inflammatory stuff that works better. But I think it all depends on the individual.

So, you're saying that any old ecig would work for CBD?  But if it doesn't work that great....?

BTW, does your wife know the Aleve/Tylenol trick? Taking Aleve and Arthritis strength Tylenol works better than one product alone.

Ironically, the thing that works BEST for me is going to the gym and using the eliptical, the treadmill and cycle and leg weight equipment. That gives me more longterm relief than anything I've ingested or applied.
Aleve and Tylenol together?
Where did you learn that?
I’m not supposed to take aleve.
(01-21-2019, 12:58 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Aleve and Tylenol together?
Where did you learn that?
I’m not supposed to take aleve.

Sorry. I don't like taking anything really.  I've had some luck with certain kinds of tumeric blends.  But it's iffy and expensive.  But, yeah, look it up, it's not uncommon.  https://www.healthline.com/health/pain-r...m-together
I'm not so sure your liver will appreciate an Aleve/Tylenol combo.
(01-20-2019, 03:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Proving she would benefit from additional ingestion of CBD Wink Razz

My wife and I have been experimenting with CBD products and the results have been very positive. My wife suffers from chronic shoulder pain, and combo of edibles, topicals and smoking CBD products have provided her some relief.
I enjoy the AC/DC strain to help alleviate stress. There is no question it provides a sense of calm after a hectic work day. I get the benefit of calm but no high, so I can still be an alert and attentive evening Dad.

Havn't tried vaping yet but certainly intend to. But W/ the cost of the bud at $3/gr. it's hard not to just go that route.
(01-21-2019, 10:46 AM)GPnative Wrote: I'm not so sure your liver will appreciate an Aleve/Tylenol combo.

the combination does not increase any level of irritation to the liver.  Tylenol on it's own will do that.
(01-21-2019, 11:28 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 10:46 AM)GPnative Wrote: I'm not so sure your liver will appreciate an Aleve/Tylenol combo.

the combination does not increase any level of irritation to the liver.  Tylenol on it's own will do that.

from the Mayo Clinic:

Over-the-counter pain relievers. Nonprescription pain relievers such as acetaminophen (Tylenol, others), aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) and naproxen (Aleve, others) can damage your liver, especially if taken frequently or combined with alcohol.