Facebook funny or strange
(11-13-2019, 03:34 PM)tvguy Wrote: Too funny. This girl placed the ad on FB with this description. There was nothing stating what what the make and model of the car was. Just some photos and she was trying so hard to not show the licensee plate I had no clue what it was.
So I asked about that and what kind of work was done and what was the mileage. Her response was yes when she bought it the engine had two dead cylinders. So they replaced all six Confused Confused  WTF?
And she did the typical FB or CL thing. When you ask more than two questions you will only get two answers. She never did state the mileage Rolling Eyes

Needs new brake pump.. still stops but I dont recommend driving it.. rear drivers door doesn't open and it's got s little oil leak.. otherwise just had all 6 cylinders replaced and had a full tune up done on it.. needs tags and registration.. all leather power ac heated seats fully loaded.. asking 1650obo

Sounds like it's ready for the junk heap.
(11-13-2019, 03:34 PM)tvguy Wrote: Too funny. This girl placed the ad on FB with this description. There was nothing stating what what the make and model of the car was. Just some photos and she was trying so hard to not show the licensee plate I had no clue what it was.
So I asked about that and what kind of work was done and what was the mileage. Her response was yes when she bought it the engine had two dead cylinders. So they replaced all six Confused Confused  WTF?
And she did the typical FB or CL thing. When you ask more than two questions you will only get two answers. She never did state the mileage Rolling Eyes

Needs new brake pump.. still stops but I dont recommend driving it.. rear drivers door doesn't open and it's got s little oil leak.. otherwise just had all 6 cylinders replaced and had a full tune up done on it.. needs tags and registration.. all leather power ac heated seats fully loaded.. asking 1650obo

How do you replace cylinders Laughing Wouldn't that be a new block? Does she mean pistons, rods, valves? Whatever it is, $1650 is too much by about $1600.
(11-15-2019, 08:48 AM)GPnative Wrote:

How do you replace cylinders Laughing Wouldn't that be a new block? Does she mean pistons, rods, valves? Whatever it is, $1650 is too much by about $1600.

Pretty much I guess. It's the first time I ever saw a car ad that didn't say what kind of car it was or what year.
And who knows how many miles.
Did Facebook kill email? I bet it did for a lot of people. I never email friends anymore. And if I want to send a video FB is a lot better than a text.
I just noticed that other than junk or a response to a CL ad the only emails I get are telling me I have too much data stored and I can't get emails anymore.
Because EVERYTHING is stored in the cloud. Even when I delete it from my phone. I take a LOT of pics and videos and very often I have to go through and delete what I don't want.
They want me to add more storage for like $2.99
(03-22-2021, 02:45 PM)tvguy Wrote: Did Facebook kill email? I bet it did for a lot of people. I never email friends anymore. And if I want to send a video FB is a lot better than a text.
I just noticed that other than junk or a response to a CL ad the only emails I get are telling me I have too much data stored and I can't get emails anymore.
Because EVERYTHING is stored in the cloud. Even when I delete it from my phone. I take a LOT of pics and videos and very often I have to go through and delete what I don't want.

Nobody emails anymore.  Just my work, my doctors, and other such things.  But also, FB isn't even being used by the younger crowd anymore.  FB seems to have become the realm of middle age and fuddyduddy's like me.
(03-24-2021, 08:41 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 02:45 PM)tvguy Wrote: Did Facebook kill email? I bet it did for a lot of people. I never email friends anymore. And if I want to send a video FB is a lot better than a text.

Nobody emails anymore.  Just my work, my doctors, and other such things.  But also, FB isn't even being used by the younger crowd anymore.  FB seems to have become the realm of middle age and fuddyduddy's like me.
You mean boomers right LOL . Yes I know tic tock instagram and whatever
RV.. Camper Confused Laughing Laughing Laughing

[Image: rv.jpg]
(05-17-2021, 02:39 PM)tvguy Wrote: RV.. Camper Confused Laughing Laughing Laughing

[Image: rv.jpg]

Oh my!
120 bucks??? Seriously?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/ite...8%7D%22%7D
Sheesh does this clown want to sell the van or win a photography award? The total description says "Everything is good!" Rolling Eyes
ONE photo from a mile away. And $8500 for a 1994?

[Image: idjit.jpg]
(06-26-2021, 05:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: Sheesh does this clown want to sell the van or win a photography award? The total description says "Everything is good!" Rolling Eyes

Trying to capitalize on the hipster doofus van life craze.
(06-26-2021, 05:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: Sheesh does this clown want to sell the van or win a photography award? The total description says "Everything is good!" Rolling Eyes

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(06-26-2021, 05:18 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Trying to capitalize on the hipster doofus van life craze.

It's not just a van... it's an "Overlander"!  Cool
Really? $8500.00

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/ite...l%7D%22%7D
(06-30-2021, 01:17 PM)tvguy Wrote: Really? $8500.00

Well hey, he found it in a barn, doesnt that add $7k value???!
(06-30-2021, 03:51 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(06-30-2021, 01:17 PM)tvguy Wrote: Really? $8500.00

Well hey, he found it in a barn, doesnt that add $7k value???!
since 2007 like that's a big deal. I kind of get why the ford highboys are worth so much ( 1967-1977.5 Ford F-250 4X4)
And now Chevy square bodies too. But that dodge?
It's kind of encouraging because I have to Chevy sq bodies. And a 1973 GMC shorty van that was in a barn(or garage LOL) for 21 years, low mileage 123K I think that should be worth some serious cashola. And I just bout a 52 chevy pickup Big Grin

[Image: GMC-van-front.jpg]

[Image: gmc-van-inside.jpg]

[Image: 52-chevy-gg.jpg]
75 % tread my ass Rolling Eyes

[Image: 75-tread.jpg]
Who wants to pay 50 bucks each for worn out tires? Rolling Eyes

[Image: 25-treqd.jpg]
[Image: T-stst.png]
 Sure it's just the T-stat Razz Blink Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/ite...6224%22%7D
(03-20-2022, 05:11 PM)tvguy Wrote: [Image: T-stst.png]
 Sure it's just the T-stat Blink

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/ite...6224%22%7D
Did you notice it said it seats 2 people? Where's the rest of the seats?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk