Are we back?
I figured it was finally lights out around here. I'm glad they got a new hamster to run the wheel  Razz
(08-06-2019, 04:43 PM)GPnative Wrote: I figured it was finally lights out around here. I'm glad they got a new hamster to run the wheel  Razz

The usual hamster was just on summer break, vacationing in the motherland.   Big Grin
(08-06-2019, 04:55 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 04:43 PM)GPnative Wrote: I figured it was finally lights out around here. I'm glad they got a new hamster to run the wheel  Razz

The usual hamster was just on summer break, vacationing in the motherland.   Big Grin

They had to get a new hamster, they only live so long.
I thought I got banned.

/sarcasm

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
HELLO!... HELLO!... HELLO!... HELLO!...

There's an echo in here... here... here..
Shhhh, you are going to wake everyone up
So, what did y'all do for Thanksgiving? We stayed home and had tacos. Really. Good. Tacos.

My sister broke her arm so we went out.
Good times.
We did a pork loin this year. The turkey got pardoned, but the pig got impeached. .
I took the dog to the dog park. My sister came over and we watched a bit of The Crown. Nothing special. I don't know about other people, but traditional Thanksgiving foods are beginning to wear thin on me. Other than some favorites, I could scrap the entire meal. Last year we had take and bake Pizzas. I think just 3 of us were around.
I'm also wondering why are posting our Thanksgiving day stuff in this particular thread, but it goes with the theme perhaps.
(12-03-2019, 07:07 AM)bbqboy Wrote: My sister broke her arm so we went out.
Good times.

Yikes!
Hosted a couple folks at our house, standard turkey meal with all the fix'ins. Myself wanting to try something new and different then the standard sides (yams, yuck) my contribution was a cranberry/walnut basmati rice pilaf, it was so good I made it again on Sunday.
(12-03-2019, 10:15 AM)GPnative Wrote: Hosted a couple folks at our house, standard turkey meal with all the fix'ins. Myself wanting to try something new and different then the standard sides (yams, yuck) my contribution was a cranberry/walnut basmati rice pilaf, it was so good I made it again on Sunday.

Sounds interesting.... care to share the recipe?
(12-03-2019, 10:48 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 10:15 AM)GPnative Wrote: Hosted a couple folks at our house, standard turkey meal with all the fix'ins. Myself wanting to try something new and different then the standard sides (yams, yuck) my contribution was a cranberry/walnut basmati rice pilaf, it was so good I made it again on Sunday.

You start by planting a walnut tree.
Laughing

This was the base recipe I used:
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/vale...af-3539005

But I modified it in the following ways:
Used chopped walnuts instead of almonds
Recipe calls for mixing the broth with water, I used all broth, no water, increased the broth by the amount of water it called for.
and instead of parsley I used Cilantro.

As far as the basmati rice, I'm not a connoisseur by any means, but we do eat a lot of rice. The basmati from Trader Joes is our favorite.
(12-04-2019, 08:06 AM)GPnative Wrote:

This was the base recipe I used:
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/vale...af-3539005

But I modified it in the following ways:
Used chopped walnuts instead of almonds
Recipe calls for mixing the broth with water, I used all broth, no water, increased the broth by the amount of water it called for.
and instead of parsley I used Cilantro.

As far as the basmati rice, I'm not a connoisseur by any means, but we do eat a lot of rice. The basmati from Trader Joes is our favorite.
Awesome! Thanks... and thanks for the tips. Definitely going to try it!