Not Murder
(06-02-2020, 04:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 02:37 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 01:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: Floyd was on fentenol and meth when he was arrested for committing a felony. He also has heart disease and that's possibly from drug use
The city medical examiner said he He had a cardio pulmonary arrest better known  as a heart attack. The family's coroner said died from asphyxiation due to neck and back compression. How can two supposedly DOCTORS, medical examiners have such different findings?

I wish I knew why the cops were on him for 8 plus minutes? I think of course that is mainly what killed him. I wonder if it was because they were waiting for an ambulance or a paddy wagon?? Even if that's true most cops will let the guy up and have him sit on the curb.
But We didn't get to see the struggle they had with the guy before hand.

I would have thought these protests would have started before when there actually was a clear cut case of murder . When a cop emptied his gun on a black guy who was not even a threat.
But this case was visual and up close. And a citizen was pleading with the cop to this knee off of Floyd's neck.
That cop should be convicted of Manslaughter at least
I've seen countless cops do the same knee on the neck thing. But only when it's someone fighting and they are trying to cuff them.
Not after he is cuffed and pinned to the ground.

I don't understand how anybody could think kneeling on someones neck to restrain them would be a good idea. I could maybe see it as a temporary measure to subdue a violent suspect but not to restrain once subdued. I would think part of the problem would be is the suspect struggling because their just violent or because their trying to survive? The body will do what it needs to when it's trying to survive.

As for the difference of judgement of the medical examiners, it could be just a difference in judgement. It doesn't surprise me there is a difference of opinion. Their reports support the ones that payed them. I don't mean that as a condemnation.
I could maybe see it as a temporary measure to subdue a violent suspect but not to restrain once subdued.
Yes I agree and I have seen it done a LOT of times but like you said only when the perp is resisting and only until the cuffs are put on.

Their reports support the ones that payed them. I don't mean that as a condemnation.
What wrong with condemning them if they are biased?

I don't think there should be any judgement from anything but facts . If they can't conclusively say what exactly killed Floyd they should not not even state a cause of death. They should instead say what the think are contributing factors.

Often things aren't that cut and dried. We like to believe facts are obvious and plain for all to see but judgement usually plays a part. Would that everything was obvious and inarguable, but that ain't this world.

I think in this case he died because someone kneeled on his neck for too long. The coroner tried to describe it in a way that left some wiggle room for the cops. He has to work with them daily after all. The private medical examiner described it in a way to not do that. With a bullet through the head it doesn't leave much room to interpret. A knee on the neck can be less definitive.
(06-02-2020, 04:43 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 04:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 02:37 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 01:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: Floyd was on fentenol and meth when he was arrested for committing a felony. He also has heart disease and that's possibly from drug use
The city medical examiner said he He had a cardio pulmonary arrest better known  as a heart attack. The family's coroner said died from asphyxiation due to neck and back compression. How can two supposedly DOCTORS, medical examiners have such different findings?

I wish I knew why the cops were on him for 8 plus minutes? I think of course that is mainly what killed him. I wonder if it was because they were waiting for an ambulance or a paddy wagon?? Even if that's true most cops will let the guy up and have him sit on the curb.
But We didn't get to see the struggle they had with the guy before hand.

I would have thought these protests would have started before when there actually was a clear cut case of murder . When a cop emptied his gun on a black guy who was not even a threat.
But this case was visual and up close. And a citizen was pleading with the cop to this knee off of Floyd's neck.
That cop should be convicted of Manslaughter at least
I've seen countless cops do the same knee on the neck thing. But only when it's someone fighting and they are trying to cuff them.
Not after he is cuffed and pinned to the ground.

I don't understand how anybody could think kneeling on someones neck to restrain them would be a good idea. I could maybe see it as a temporary measure to subdue a violent suspect but not to restrain once subdued. I would think part of the problem would be is the suspect struggling because their just violent or because their trying to survive? The body will do what it needs to when it's trying to survive.

As for the difference of judgement of the medical examiners, it could be just a difference in judgement. It doesn't surprise me there is a difference of opinion. Their reports support the ones that payed them. I don't mean that as a condemnation.
I could maybe see it as a temporary measure to subdue a violent suspect but not to restrain once subdued.
Yes I agree and I have seen it done a LOT of times but like you said only when the perp is resisting and only until the cuffs are put on.

Their reports support the ones that payed them. I don't mean that as a condemnation.
What wrong with condemning them if they are biased?

I don't think there should be any judgement from anything but facts . If they can't conclusively say what exactly killed Floyd they should not not even state a cause of death. They should instead say what the think are contributing factors.

Often things aren't that cut and dried. We like to believe facts are obvious and plain for all to see but judgement usually plays a part. Would that everything was obvious and inarguable, but that ain't this world.

I think in this case he died because someone kneeled on his neck for too long. The coroner tried to describe it in a way that left some wiggle room for the cops. He has to work with them daily after all. The private medical examiner described it in a way to not do that. With a bullet through the head it doesn't leave much room to interpret. A knee on the neck can be less definitive.
No but this is not about this world I think a medical autopsy is science and there's no room whatsoever for judgement.That's for the jury.

I think in this case he died because someone kneeled on his neck for too long

Me too and that he was being smashed down by the other cops. But was that the only reason he died of was having a bad heart or they drugs he took part of it?
I believe they were but IMO the cops are still responsible for pinning the guy down for so long.