riots, protests Minneapolis
My nephew is a fireman in Columbus Ohio. He found this and shared it. His words "I am for the constitution and our Rights, I am against putting innocent peoples lives in danger for your cause. Know the difference!"

I can't copy ANY of the photos on this antique site. not even one LOL

Minneapolis you were given the world’s stage and had the world’s ear. EVERYONE was behind you and supported the protest and fight for justice.
• The public spoke out against those officers.
• Police officers all over the country spoke out against those officers.
• Elected Officials spoke out against those officers.
• ALL races and ethnicities spoke out against those officers.
• President Trump spoke out against those officers.
And you wasted it.... you wasted the perfect platform and opportunity to unite everyone together and coordinate a movement that would’ve gone down in the history books as a tipping point for reform. Everyone around the world was on your side and listening...
But you ruined it.?‍♂️

Yes, bad behavior, absolutely. Of course, when the protest was modeled by quietly 'taking a knee', that was scorned and ridiculed.
But it seems that those arrested were from out of state.

Now a police officer is being accused of starting the riot.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1265864499166396421

[Image: EZJdZFuWsAAnAJN?format=jpg&name=large]
Our police did not deserve this. It's so sickening I don't even watch the news.
(06-04-2020, 01:38 PM)tvguy Wrote: Our police did not deserve this. It's so sickening I don't even watch the news.

Our blacks did not deserve this.  It's so sickening I watch the news, so as not to forget.
(06-04-2020, 06:41 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 01:38 PM)tvguy Wrote: Our police did not deserve this. It's so sickening I don't even watch the news.

Our blacks did not deserve this.  It's so sickening I watch the news, so as not to forget.
Ditto, CW

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: f7c4e00f25df58cef8a80378cfe57469.jpg]

[Image: d7266c949e738f5026236ddfc70c2471.jpg]

I watched the KF and Medford protests on live feeds. Small-time I know. But I found them interesting none the less. The man in Medford pointing a gun at a protester's head made me ill. There was no reason for the good ol' boys to go into the demonstrations but they did, some under the guise of 'defending their town', but it wasn't always so. All this talk about busloads of Antifa coming was spewed. Out of towners did come to both, but they weren't Antifa. The same 10 cars (Usually big trucks) would circle around and around...One would stop next to a crowd demonstraters, stop and then diesel roll them in a big black cloud of smoke. They flipped them off, shouted at them, stopped next to them and incited them, follow the black, out of town protesters down the street carrying assault rifles while dogging their steps. The police kept their presence minimal. I did hear some damage was done by demonstrators to a truck but still don't know what happened there, but it was unrelated to the man holding the gun and pointing it straight at a protesters' head.
(06-04-2020, 09:23 PM)Juniper Wrote: I watched the KF and Medford protests on live feeds. Small-time I know.  But I found them interesting none the less.  The man in Medford pointing a gun at a protester's head made me ill.  There was no reason for the good ol' boys to go into the demonstrations but they did, some under the guise of 'defending their town', but it wasn't always so. All this talk about busloads of Antifa coming was spewed.  Out of towners did come to both, but they weren't Antifa.  The same 10 cars (Usually big trucks) would circle around and around...One would stop next to a crowd demonstraters, stop and then diesel roll them in a big black cloud of smoke.  They flipped them off, shouted at them, stopped next to them and incited them, follow the black, out of town protesters down the street carrying assault rifles while dogging their steps.  The police kept their presence minimal. I did hear some damage was done by demonstrators to a truck but still don't know what happened there, but it was unrelated to the man holding the gun and pointing it straight at a protesters' head.

Not related, but related....
Guys who drive diesel trucks are the biggest assholes on the road. I think it is a requirement to buy one. You have to sign paperwork verifying you are a total ass.

I run, many times a week so I've logged a lot of miles and speak from experience, hands down they are jerks, the whole lot of them. Between the unnecessary accelerating as they fly by you, or pulling away from stop signs like every start is a drag race, or rolling coal, or not giving you an ounce of space on the shoulder or worse yet, purposely driving towards you, the bigger the truck the bigger the jerk. They have a complex that they believe they are kings of the road. And really, it is an egotistical asshole status thing, because I bet conservatively only about 10% of them actually need a diesel truck for work/farming/towing etc. The other 90% are just flaunting their jack-assedness. My wife and I refer to them as double DD's, aka "Diesel Dicks"
She's not wrong

(06-05-2020, 08:11 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 09:23 PM)Juniper Wrote: I watched the KF and Medford protests on live feeds. Small-time I know.  But I found them interesting none the less.  The man in Medford pointing a gun at a protester's head made me ill.  There was no reason for the good ol' boys to go into the demonstrations but they did, some under the guise of 'defending their town', but it wasn't always so. All this talk about busloads of Antifa coming was spewed.  Out of towners did come to both, but they weren't Antifa.  The same 10 cars (Usually big trucks) would circle around and around...One would stop next to a crowd demonstraters, stop and then diesel roll them in a big black cloud of smoke.  They flipped them off, shouted at them, stopped next to them and incited them, follow the black, out of town protesters down the street carrying assault rifles while dogging their steps.  The police kept their presence minimal. I did hear some damage was done by demonstrators to a truck but still don't know what happened there, but it was unrelated to the man holding the gun and pointing it straight at a protesters' head.

Guys who drive diesel trucks are the biggest assholes on the road. I think it is a requirement to buy one. You have to sign paperwork verifying you are a total ass.

I run, many times a week so I've logged a lot of miles and speak from experience, hands down they are jerks, the whole lot of them. Between the unnecessary accelerating as they fly by you, or pulling away from stop signs like every start is a drag race, or rolling coal, or not giving you an ounce of space on the shoulder or worse yet, purposely driving towards you, the bigger the truck the bigger the jerk. They have a complex that they believe they are kings of the road. And really, it is an egotistical asshole status thing, because I bet conservatively only about 10% of them actually need a diesel truck for work/farming/towing etc. The other 90% are just flaunting their jack-assedness. My wife and I refer to them as double DD's, aka "Diesel Dicks"

Oh good, I'm not the only one that was thinking that.

What a huge blanket you have laid out there.  And no, I don't own a diesel truck.
(06-05-2020, 08:20 AM)GPnative Wrote: She's not wrong

I agree with this woman. She is 99% correct. My issue is not BLM, it's that the police didn't need to do that.  They didn't.  Because when you are in that position (the one on the ground), saying "Please, I can't breathe."  that is ALL you can do.  It's a plea to not be killed. There's nothing more you can do to save yourself in that moment.  But everything else she is saying is true.  We are living in a society of being OFFENDED ALL THE TIME.  The Black community, and every other community, including the far left, the far right, and everybody in between.  And that is offensive to ME.  Some of her language offends me. I don't like her putting in on the democrats as a narrative, because that's not entirely true either and perpetuates THAT narrative,  but for the most part, she is correct and I support her.  It's very hard to speak against this or observe realities, so, I applaud her and I hope she gets more likes and more attention.
The local community REALLY ratcheted up the paranoia.  https://ktvl.com/news/local/not-a-call-t...1WkT2g1UD4
(06-05-2020, 12:34 PM)Juniper Wrote: The local community REALLY ratcheted up the paranoia.  https://ktvl.com/news/local/not-a-call-t...1WkT2g1UD4

It takes a special kind of moron to buy into social media rumors hook line and sinker that Antifa is loading up on busses and heading out to rural towns.
(06-05-2020, 10:15 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:

What a huge blanket you have laid out there.  And no, I don't own a diesel truck.

if the shoe fits, or in this case, the blanket.....

And of course you don't own a diesel truck, you don't need one (very few actually do)
(06-04-2020, 06:41 PM)chuck white Wrote:

No they don't either.
One would stop next to a crowd demonstraters, stop and then diesel roll them in a big black cloud of smoke.  They flipped them off, shouted at them, stopped next to them and incited them, follow the black, out of town protesters down the street carrying assault rifles while dogging their steps.

You saw this on Live feeds so are there still videos? Where were the police when they idiots were actually to trying to incite a riot?
It seems to me like  counter demonstrations at the same place should be illegal.
(06-05-2020, 02:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:
One would stop next to a crowd demonstraters, stop and then diesel roll them in a big black cloud of smoke.  They flipped them off, shouted at them, stopped next to them and incited them, follow the black, out of town protesters down the street carrying assault rifles while dogging their steps.

You saw this on Live feeds so are there still videos? Where were the police when they idiots were actually to trying to incite a riot?
It seems to me like  counter demonstrations at the same place should be illegal.
I would say there are still videos.  I couldn't see the gun incident on the live feed I saw.  But I did see that there was no visible police presence at the Medford one. The only time I saw police presence was at night when at some point a bottle or maybe more than 1 were thrown in response to something, I couldn't see what because the live feeder was standing across the street....then, about 8 police cars came rushing in. The police got out of their cars and stood around for about 5 minutes and then went back into their cars and rolled off.  I am assuming they had an agent or officer in the crowd. But there was nothing done about the coal rolling....I don't know why they would, but it was obviously trying to incite.  The guy following the black people in the crowd was dressed up in typical kind of militia style with a vest with all the pockets and gear and some kind of assault rifle.  The black people confronted him and said he was intimidating them. His answer was that he was just in the march and it was legal to be armed.  But, he could have marched anywhere in the group. He was. stuck on these 3 black people who told him they were feeling intimidated and targeted by him.  They were able to come to an uneasy kind of peace. The demonstrators were clearly not interested in confrontation.  At the fountain, they would give political speeches and ask people to vote in November. Nothing that I heard was incidiary. I'm not saying the demonstrators were perfect angels and didn't do anything...apparently there was a confrontation with a truck, and when they did their little march, they went down the road going against traffic, but I also saw what seemed to behavior designed to incite from the anti demonstrators who looked to just be good ol' local boys.  I will say this..the live feeds were interesting but they couldn't show everything or hear everything that happened.