The police are the enemy
Never thought I would live to see the day that a presidential candidate for a mayor political party would call the police the enemy. But there you have it. We all knew it already. They hate the police (and the military) but just never actually came out and said it... until now.

“Surplus military equipment for law enforcement. They don’t need that! The last thing you need is an up-armored Humvee coming into a neighborhood just like the military invading. They don’t know anybody! They have become the enemy — they’re supposed to be protecting these people.” Joe Biden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(07-10-2020, 12:20 PM)SFLiberal Wrote: Never thought I would live to see the day that a presidential candidate for a mayor political party would call the police the enemy. But there you have it. We all knew it already. They hate the police (and the military) but just never actually came out and said it... until now.

“Surplus military equipment for law enforcement. They don’t need that! The last thing you need is an up-armored Humvee coming into a neighborhood just like the military invading. They don’t know anybody! They have become the enemy — they’re supposed to be protecting these people.” Joe Biden.

You're a fucking moron.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(07-10-2020, 12:20 PM)SFLiberal Wrote: Never thought I would live to see the day that a presidential candidate for a mayor political party would call the police the enemy.  But there you have it.  We all knew it already.  They hate the police (and the military) but just never actually came out and said it... until now.

“Surplus military equipment for law enforcement. They don’t need that! The last thing you need is an up-armored Humvee coming into a neighborhood just like the military invading.  They don’t know anybody! They have become the enemy — they’re supposed to be protecting these people.”  Joe Biden.

That is indeed a moronic comment all the way around. It's shame I have to vote for him instead of someone who is a lot more of a moron.
It's not uncommon at all for our police to have to face armed gunmen with deadly weapons. There is no reason NOT to use Surplus military equipment to protect our cops.
Those rigs are also VERY useful to get help to people during floods or earthquakes .
Military surplus has no business in the hands of the police.
(07-10-2020, 06:26 PM)GPnative Wrote: Military surplus has no business in the hands of the police.

I agree... about some things, other things seem ok. I would like to see them make anything look non-military for non-military uses. Paint it, modify it somehow, I don't care. I just think there should be no mistake by anyone, police or civilian, that this is not the military and they shouldn't be pretending that they are.

The military and police have two distinctly different jobs and there should be no mistaking that.
(07-10-2020, 06:26 PM)GPnative Wrote: Military surplus has no business in the hands of the police.
OK so explain why?
(07-10-2020, 06:57 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I agree... about some things, other things seem ok. I would like to see them make anything look non-military for non-military uses. Paint it, modify it somehow, I don't care. I just think there should be no mistake by anyone, police or civilian, that this is not the military and they shouldn't be pretending that they are.

The military and police have two distinctly different jobs and there should be no mistaking that.
 Form I've seen most of them said POLICE clearly or RESCUE or SWAT. Who are these people who see one and think it's the military?
Guys holed up in a house shooting at everyone one? People being rescued from floods tornado hurricanes earthquakes?
(07-11-2020, 05:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:
OK so explain why?

Because police are not military and they certainly do not need more incentive to feed their egos. Protect and serve, does not mean equipment to launch war tactics against citizens.
(07-11-2020, 07:29 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 05:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:
OK so explain why?

Because police are not military and they certainly do not need more incentive to feed their egos. Protect and serve, does not mean equipment to launch war tactics against citizens.
I actually agree with you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(07-11-2020, 06:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 06:57 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Form I've seen most of them said POLICE clearly or RESCUE or SWAT. Who are these people who see one and think it's the military?
Guys holed up in a house shooting at everyone one? People being rescued from floods tornado hurricanes earthquakes?

Some police?