Medford/Ashland fires
(09-21-2020, 02:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 10:38 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 05:39 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 01:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 04:58 PM)GPnative Wrote: Thank you, I rest my case. The Oregonian did not shy away from details and actually had the balls to say "arson", like I referred to before regarding local media, i.e. chan 12, reported a body was found near the origin, but that's it, no mention of arson. A body being found near the origin w/out connecting it to possible arson is pretty much meaningless, Perhaps a sleeping homeless person was caught up in the fire?

And I stand by what I said, no mention of arson or foul play until recently from local media. To hear them report in those first couple days you'd think it was heat and wind that magically ignited.

And I stand by what I said, no mention of arson or foul play until recently from local media

Really you read this and don't think of foul play??? "ASHLAND, Ore. — The origins of the devastating Almeda Drive Fire that tore through Talent and Phoenix are under criminal investigation, connected to the recovery of a body in the area.:"

And this was TWO days after the almeda fire......

Ashland PD: Almeda Fire is being investigated as arson Channel 10 LOCAL news https://ktvl.com/news/local/breaking-alm...-distroyed

by KTVL
Thursday, September 10th 2020

[/url] 

[Image: sbg-gallery_w.svg]
VIEW ALL PHOTOS

[url=https://ktvl.com/news/local/gallery/breaking-almeda-numbers-3200-acres-0-containment-600-homes-distroyed]
Burned car at Talent car wash on 214 N Pacific Hwy on Sept 10.
[Image: facebook.svg][Image: twitter.svg][email=?subject=Ashland%20PD:%20Almeda%20Fire%20is%20being%20investigated%20as%20arson%20&body=Here%20is%20a%20ktvl.com%20article%20that%20you%20might%20like%20%0A%0Ahttps://ktvl.com/news/local/breaking-almeda-numbers-3200-acres-0-containment-600-homes-distroyed][Image: email.svg][/email]

JACKSON COUNTY, Ore. — The Ashland Police confirmed today that the devastating Almeda fire, that has burned 3200 acres in residential areas of Phoenix, Talent, parts of North Ashland and South Medford destroying hundreds of homes, is being investigated as arson.
When asked about what evidence points to arson Ashland Police chief, Tighe O'Meara said, “I would not be open to discussing that right now.”
He noted that investigations into the suspected arson began as early as Tuesday afternoon when the fire broke out.

I'm sorry GP but you are going to have to lose your conspiracy theory that you apparently want to believe so badly.
That our leaders are trying to hide the fact that This Almeda fire was arson. Rolling Eyes
What do you really think? That Antifa and BLM are running all over the west starting fires and our leaders are trying to hide this from the public?

It is no conspiracy, someone or more started the fire and the news coverage has largely sucked but thank you for posting their 2 day old info when the police chief even admitted the arson investigation began night the fire broke out.

Today, they reported that a vehicle was deliberately set on fire at Immigrant lake the same day and time. I don't think it contributed to the fires though. The Almeda fire includes the point of origin behind the bmx park and was always said to be human caused, and the Phoenix point of origin, also human caused.
   I'm not sure the phoenix fire that was started by the meth head had anything to do with the Almeda fire that went through phoenix.
The fire started by the methhead joined with the already occurring Almeda fire, and so it's called that also.
(09-21-2020, 11:04 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 01:53 PM)tvguy Wrote: And I stand by what I said, no mention of arson or foul play until recently from local media

Really you read this and don't think of foul play??? "ASHLAND, Ore. — The origins of the devastating Almeda Drive Fire that tore through Talent and Phoenix are under criminal investigation, connected to the recovery of a body in the area.:"

Ashland PD: Almeda Fire is being investigated as arson Channel 10 LOCAL news https://ktvl.com/news/local/breaking-alm...-distroyed

by KTVL

[/url] 

VIEW ALL PHOTOS

[url=https://ktvl.com/news/local/gallery/breaking-almeda-numbers-3200-acres-0-containment-600-homes-distroyed]
[Image: facebook.svg][Image: twitter.svg][email=?subject=Ashland%20PD:%20Almeda%20Fire%20is%20being%20investigated%20as%20arson%20&body=Here%20is%20a%20ktvl.com%20article%20that%20you%20might%20like%20%0A%0Ahttps://ktvl.com/news/local/breaking-almeda-numbers-3200-acres-0-containment-600-homes-distroyed][Image: email.svg][/email]

JACKSON COUNTY, Ore. — The Ashland Police confirmed today that the devastating Almeda fire, that has burned 3200 acres in residential areas of Phoenix, Talent, parts of North Ashland and South Medford destroying hundreds of homes, is being investigated as arson.
When asked about what evidence points to arson Ashland Police chief, Tighe O'Meara said, “I would not be open to discussing that right now.”
He noted that investigations into the suspected arson began as early as Tuesday afternoon when the fire broke out.

I'm sorry GP but you are going to have to lose your conspiracy theory that you apparently want to believe so badly.
That our leaders are trying to hide the fact that This Almeda fire was arson. Rolling Eyes
What do you really think? That Antifa and BLM are running all over the west starting fires and our leaders are trying to hide this from the public?

It is no conspiracy, someone or more started the fire and the news coverage has largely sucked but thank you for posting their 2 day old info when the police chief even admitted the arson investigation began night the fire broke out.

Today, they reported that a vehicle was deliberately set on fire at Immigrant lake the same day and time. I don't think it contributed to the fires though. The Almeda fire includes the point of origin behind the bmx park and was always said to be human caused, and the Phoenix point of origin, also human caused.
   I'm not sure the phoenix fire that was started by the meth head had anything to do with the Almeda fire that went through phoenix.
The fire started by the methhead joined with the already occurring Almeda fire, and so it's called that also.

Did the meth head have green hair?
(09-20-2020, 01:53 PM)tvguy Wrote: And I stand by what I said, no mention of arson or foul play until recently from local media

by KTVL

[/url] 

VIEW ALL PHOTOS

OK so the fire coming from Ashland was already past the meth heads fire? And THEN the fire s joined?
(09-22-2020, 01:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 05:39 PM)GPnative Wrote: It is no conspiracy, someone or more started the fire and the news coverage has largely sucked but thank you for posting their 2 day old info when the police chief even admitted the arson investigation began night the fire broke out.

OK so the fire coming from Ashland was already past the meth heads fire? And THEN the fire s joined?

Good question.  Has any map of the fire been posted anywhere?  I do know I saw a burned field that went right up to Voorhies road, right in the middle of the road, between South Stage and when it joins Carpenter Hill.  That confused me. I think the second fire is one that took out the area behind Rays and those neighborhoods.  But the Rays intersection east of Rays is the Ashland one...so they are very close.
We got to go back home this week.  The Obenchain fire burned half of my property, right UP TO my house, garage, etc.  The exceptional ODF saved my house and belongings and I am in their debt. May God bless them as He has blessed me with their presence.
(09-22-2020, 09:37 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 01:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 10:38 PM)Juniper Wrote: Today, they reported that a vehicle was deliberately set on fire at Immigrant lake the same day and time. I don't think it contributed to the fires though. The Almeda fire includes the point of origin behind the bmx park and was always said to be human caused, and the Phoenix point of origin, also human caused.

Good question.  Has any map of the fire been posted anywhere?  I do know I saw a burned field that went right up to Voorhies road, right in the middle of the road, between South Stage and when it joins Carpenter Hill.  That confused me. I think the second fire is one that took out the area behind Rays and those neighborhoods.  But the Rays intersection east of Rays is the Ashland one...so they are very close.

I'm not sure I have seen so many satellite images and the video made by the sheriffs with the helicopter basically sucked lol. They kept spinning around.
  I have tried and I have been successful in helping some people find out if a home or business was burned by using Google earth and aerial photos. (before and after).
And it would have been great if there was one aerial view from Ashland to Medord.
(09-23-2020, 08:58 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: We got to go back home this week.  The Obenchain fire burned half of my property, right UP TO my house, garage, etc.  The exceptional ODF saved my house and belongings and I am in their debt. May God bless them as He has blessed me with their presence.
That's good to hear.
(09-23-2020, 08:58 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: We got to go back home this week.  The Obenchain fire burned half of my property, right UP TO my house, garage, etc.  The exceptional ODF saved my house and belongings and I am in their debt. May God bless them as He has blessed me with their presence.

Does not get much closer than that.

I'm happy for you that you were mostly spared. The most important part.
(09-23-2020, 09:38 PM)Juniper Wrote:

And you won't have to mow that part of the yard for a while. l
(09-24-2020, 12:08 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 09:38 PM)Juniper Wrote:

And you won't have to mow that part of the yard for a while. l

All forest land. I will need to inspect and cut down any trees that endanger the house.
It's weird. I never saw much about this. I HEARD about it but never heard much about it in the media. We all heard about the guy who set the fire in Phoenix, but the van at Immigrant seemed to be lost in the fog. Or smoke. Now it's this: https://www.kdrv.com/news/top-stories/ma...d79dc.html
(01-13-2022, 09:37 PM)Juniper Wrote: It's weird. I never saw much about this. I HEARD about it but never heard much about it in the media. We all heard about the guy who set the fire in Phoenix, but the van at Immigrant seemed to be lost in the fog. Or smoke. Now it's this: https://www.kdrv.com/news/top-stories/ma...d79dc.html

I remember that mentioned on the news at the time. I don't remember which news reported it but I think it was on TV. At the time I didn't put much importance on it since it didn't seem too germane to the main fire events. I just thought "oh great, another idiot starting fires". But you're right, I don't recall any follow-up reporting after the initial report.
(01-13-2022, 09:37 PM)Juniper Wrote: It's weird. I never saw much about this. I HEARD about it but never heard much about it in the media. We all heard about the guy who set the fire in Phoenix, but the van at Immigrant seemed to be lost in the fog. Or smoke. Now it's this: https://www.kdrv.com/news/top-stories/ma...d79dc.html

That guy had nothing to do with the Almeda fire other than he happened to start a fire on the same day.
Or at least there is no proof he had something to do with it. He was high on meth at the time.

The Jackson county sheriffs dept has stated that there was a homicide at the origin of the Almeda fir in Ashland.
And that they believes the fire was set to cover up evidence.

What we don't hear much about is the homicide and what I just I mentioned. I hear about  this Vance Phuc Nguyen as well as another guy who was also om meth who started a fire in Phoenix the same day.
LOTS of people thing they were responsible for the Almeda fire and never even heard about the homicide at the exact location where the fire started
(01-14-2022, 08:22 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

I remember that mentioned on the news at the time. I don't remember which news reported it but I think it was on TV. At the time I didn't put much importance on it since it didn't seem too germane to the main fire events. I just thought "oh great, another idiot starting fires". But you're right, I don't recall any follow-up reporting after the initial report.
There was nothing to follow up on.
(01-14-2022, 02:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:

That guy had nothing to do with the Almeda fire other than he happened to start a fire on the same day.
Or at least there is no proof he had something to do with it. He was high on meth at the time.

The Jackson county sheriffs dept has stated that there was a homicide at the origin of the Almeda fir in Ashland.
And that they believes the fire was set to cover up evidence.

What we don't hear much about is the homicide and what I just I mentioned. I hear about  this Vance Phuc Nguyen as well as another guy who was also om meth who started a fire in Phoenix the same day.
LOTS of people thing they were responsible for the Almeda fire and never even heard about the homicide at the exact location where the fire started

Well, it was nowhere near the Almeda fire origin, but it was still weird, how it happened at the same time. it was strange how many man made fires were occurring up and down the State, that crazy, windy day.
The homicide at the Almeda site is still unsolved. it was a weird day, to be sure.